Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Please continue your general discussions on convective storms. Remember, for more in depth and technical posts this is the thread:

netweather.tv/convective-potential

For all of your storm reports, this is the thread:

netweather.tv/storm-reports

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Some big storms developed already over the Paris Basin in the moderate risk area I put on the N-W storm forecast map.

Heavy showers getting going over SW England and Wales now and should become more widespread over more central and eastern areas through the day.

Posted

Thunder bugs galore outside, humid 22.5c outside, disturbed looking sky, precipitation building earlier and further west than forecast over northern france, fueling development paris le bourget is 19c, melun is 26c (15miles apart) hoping it goes bang here if not just heavy rain, no need to water garden again yey!

Posted

Would be nice to see these dewpoints keeping up

Reurmetd.gif

They are impressive figures Coast.

Here it is breezy, humid and dry with occasional sunny spells. Really hoping to see some thunder and lightning this afternoon. I will travel a short distance if necessary! :aggressive:

Posted

i am at this moment tracking the 11 larkhill sonde this is tracking almost due north at present so hopfully the flow over england has gone a bit more northely and will bring any imports further west and stop any homegrown going out over north sea time will tell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Sun is breaking through the clouds now:) The electric went earlier for about 10 seconds. Last thing I want on a storm day grrrrr

Posted

Interesting :)

only take it lightly though mate....just a rough estimate how they think things will pan out. :aggressive:

might be completely different later :lol:

there might be a huge thunderstorm not on that prediction map(Surrey)lol...or North/East

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

if thats anything to go by, ill be waiting til 7pm for any rain! is there potential for the storms to continue tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

"Paul

Group: Site development Posts: 26,666 Joined: 25-February 03 Gender:Male Location:Pershore Posted Today, 09:03

For those of you who use the NMM model - don't be shocked if it looks a lot wetter on this morning's run than it did on previous runs - we've made a change to the scale as it was too top heavy with not enough detail at the lower end when it comes to hourly output , so we've shifted it all downwards a bit."

:aggressive: That was a plug and a half

if thats anything to go by, ill be waiting til 7pm for any rain! is there potential for the storms to continue tonight?

Not really no. Forecasts I've read say showers and storms expected to die away overnight.

Posted

this is the 4.00pm prediction from the MET at present

its only a prediction

Notice that lovely white downpour near Leicester? *rubs hands gleefully*

only take it lightly though mate....just a rough estimate how they think things will pan out. :aggressive:

might be completely different later :lol:

there might be a huge thunderstorm not on that prediction map(Surrey)lol...or North/East

Oh absolutely I know it's just a prediction. Still, it's an interesting one showing a sharp line of showers/storms setting up through the midlands.

Posted

Notice that lovely white downpour near Leicester? *rubs hands gleefully*

an interesting thing to do...Is I will keep this snap shot and compare it with the 4.00pm real time one..then post both up......will be interesting to see the results

not intending to criticize the Met..just a experimant of how it pans out

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

an interesting thing to do...Is I will keep this snap shot and compare it with the 4.00pm real time one..then post both up......will be interesting to see the results

Awesome idea mate :) That will be interesting to see!

By the way... In your sig you mention you are from Death Valley... You live in the same place as the Undertaker from WWF :aggressive: (I still call it WWF, I used to watch it when I was a kid when it was WWF :lol: )

Posted

Not really no. Forecasts I've read say showers and storms expected to die away overnight.

Not on the Southern facing coasts which get an Interesting feature running though the Channel overnight tonight which might bring something electrical just offshore and through the straights of Dover (As Usual) Granted it is not part of todays system which should see Showers dieing out over land.

Paul S

Posted

Lots of showers about already as expected, surprised we haven't seen one or two sferics yet but still. Expected things to get a little more exciting in the next few hours. Good cloudscapes here. Looking forward to the soundings at midday.

Posted

yes Paul..I noticed this myself......Southern Coasts could get some torrentail showers later in the night

yes...Andy I do come from Nevada Death Valley....Paul.S picks me up every year for Storm chasing for the plains :aggressive:

The Undertaker lives 4 blocks from me

Edited by Pat Carter

Not on the Southern facing coasts which get an Interesting feature running though the Channel overnight tonight which might bring something electrical just offshore and through the straights of Dover (As Usual) Granted it is not part of todays system which should see Showers dieing out over land.

Paul S

My mistake! :aggressive:

Posted

Awesome idea mate :) That will be interesting to see!

By the way... In your sig you mention you are from Death Valley... You live in the same place as the Undertaker from WWF :aggressive: (I still call it WWF, I used to watch it when I was a kid when it was WWF :lol: )

Yes I will be very interested to see how it pans out. What time do people think the thunder could start in the UK today?

I saw the Undertaker in a nightclub in Birmingham back in 1993, he was rather tall! I didnt know what to say to him so I asked him if Paul Bearers voice got on his nerves, oops.

Posted

yes...Andy I do come from Nevada Death Valley....Paul.S picks me up every year for Storm chasing for the plains :lol:

The Undertaker lives 4 blocks from me

Brilliant :) :lol: *puts Undertaker music on and turns the lights out to scare everyone on NetWeather*

Ok back to storms... Looking at the latest GFS run... It seems there could be some serious fireworks in the far South East this afternoon. Seems the Met Office don't agree with that too much though judging by their radar prediction :aggressive: