Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I had a mass covering of extra extra hot peri peri on my nandos and oh my when mixed with the hottest chicken and peri chips it was hot!..but yummy :)....thank goodness for Super Bock.

Rain rain rain, cold and annoying day tbh. Expecting much the same tomorrow, annoying as snow for Valentines would of been great and Mothercare profits would go through the roof in November ;) 

Not impressed by the outputs, yet again more of nothing on the cards in terms of snow, let's hope spring does arrive a little sooner than expected.

Another Winter & another Winter that can go in the Archive dustbin with the previous two .Night All!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
41 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

its pretty much a 'mass' of nothing though, been under it all night and its just the odd drip of something wet

Looks more like a mist here than anything else. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Had a mixture of rain and errr more rain:cray:I think it's time to say 'Winter is over' for the SE:whistling: and anyone posting snow charts in here, should be arrested from now on.:ninja::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji::crazy: The long range models are showing snow for our region come November 23rd 2016 at 2.05am:p Still a chance of a downgrade:drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Had a mixture of rain and errr more rain:cray:I think it's time to say 'Winter is over' for the SE:whistling: and anyone posting snow charts in here, should be arrested from now on.:ninja::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji::crazy: The long range models are showing snow for our region come November 23rd 2016 at 2.05am:p Still a chance of a downgrade:drunk-emoji:

dont  give  up  hope!!  the  gfs  is looking good at the moment!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Highest point of Cuxton here, shall be keeping a eye on Bluebell Hill *tho not got enough fingers to cross!*. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Steve Murr bound to be ice rain. Just had a hail shower. As a result, I got so excited I could have crushed a grape. Ridiculous lol

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Our neighbours got lucky, nice photo..... courtesy of @John Badrick lovely morning, clear blue skies, sunny 2.6c  Have a lovely day all :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just sunny skies here, though there is cumulus clouds to the north so maybe we might get some showers later perhaps.

Netweather radar showing a wintry mix in those showers over Kent.

Edit - @lassie23. I will go quietly...... :rofl:

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

this year, i have had great patience with the weather, but now i finally give up and i admit winter is nearly over.... there is still a slight chance for something, however i won't hold my breath

Edited by samalllpop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Even the showers across Northern areas will be a wintry mix today so I don't hold much hope for us currently.

tonight however may prove a little more interesting with much more of a sleet/snow mix but again, better chance with elevation. As confirmed by TS on BBC weather this morning. 

Overall it's just a bit meh... A few snow flakes in the air if your lucky overnight but with sleet/rain around once again it's that word I hate... Marginal!! 

Please please please let Spring be warm and dry. 

Posted

Chief Forecaster's assessment: The colder airmass already established across Scotland and the north of England will continue south to affect most other parts by Sunday evening. Showers will feed in on the north to northeasterly winds, particularly affecting the more northern and eastern parts of Scotland, along with northern England during Sunday daytime, but progressing further south into the north and East Midlands along with parts of east and southeast England during Sunday evening and overnight into Monday. Not everywhere will see the snow showers, but some may become aligned in bands from time to time, leading to the risk of some moderate accumulations of snow, most likely over northern Scotland and northeast England. Ice will also be a hazard on untreated surfaces, particularly between showers overnight, with those areas just inland from the coasts of eastern and southeast England at particular risk as the showers will fall as a wintry mix.

London snow shield fully operating...

image.thumb.jpeg.9befe6b197d0da9890e324b

Posted

The other bit to the warning 

Issued at: 

1045 on Sun 14 Feb 2016

Valid from: 
1055 on Sun 14 Feb 2016

Valid to: 
1200 on Mon 15 Feb 2016

Warning:

Showers of sleet and snow are likely at times during Sunday and overnight into Monday when they will also affect some southeastern parts of England, although the showers here will generally be a mix of sleet and hail near coasts. Accumulations of 0-2 cm of snow are likely in places at low levels, but locally 2-5 cm over hills and where showers become aligned in bands in the northeasterly flow. Ice will be an additional hazard overnight, particularly after showers. Please be aware of the potential for difficult travelling conditions.

This warning has been updated to extend the end time until midday on Monday, whilst also extending the warning area southwards across some central and eastern parts of England, chiefly for late Sunday evening onwards.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Chief Forecaster's assessment: The colder airmass already established across Scotland and the north of England will continue south to affect most other parts by Sunday evening. Showers will feed in on the north to northeasterly winds, particularly affecting the more northern and eastern parts of Scotland, along with northern England during Sunday daytime, but progressing further south into the north and East Midlands along with parts of east and southeast England during Sunday evening and overnight into Monday. Not everywhere will see the snow showers, but some may become aligned in bands from time to time, leading to the risk of some moderate accumulations of snow, most likely over northern Scotland and northeast England. Ice will also be a hazard on untreated surfaces, particularly between showers overnight, with those areas just inland from the coasts of eastern and southeast England at particular risk as the showers will fall as a wintry mix.

London snow shield fully operating...

image.thumb.jpeg.9befe6b197d0da9890e324b

Well.. Maybe some showers might make it lol

Posted

Predicted conditions tonight would be conducive for snow in our location.....

56c0677a0e337_h850t850eu(3).thumb.png.03 hgt500-1000.thumb.png.9cfea57c3cb6883755

T850's look ok and the 528 Dam line covering all of the region.....

TT_GZ_UU_VV_030_0850.thumb.gif.ee5a87c06 ukmintemp.thumb.png.ccf2e845b44d36b890a3

Dew point and suface temperatures look ok..... just need some precipitation......

arome-1-23-0.thumb.png.d676e90e1a021832a arome-1-25-0.thumb.png.aa4fe0a1aec53dc03

High Res says yes to showers moving inland on a keenNorth / North Easretly wind.......watch this space! Fingers and toes crossed! :cold:

TT_GZ_UU_VV_030_0850.gif

Posted

Interesting! Can't believe how close we are to snow at the moment...dew point to just a bit too high.

Currently about 2c DP on my station and in that area all over the region.

Do we think they'll drop later? 

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Have to admit the meto update surprises me, great to see and hopefully some lucky ones will see something

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Interesting! Can't believe how close we are to snow at the moment...dew point to just a bit too high.

Currently about 2c DP on my station and in that area all over the region.

Do we think they'll drop later? 

image.png

image.png

Hi Lottie

Dew points will definitely take a tumble later if the current charts can be trusted. I think the key thing is whether we can get any showers that do form to penetrate suitably inland.....This will be a very localised event, some will get lucky, others won't!  Good luck and hope you get a wintry surprise, other than a harsh frost, come tomorrow morning!:D