Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

Is the stuff over Northern Ireland connected to the same front? It all seems to have stalled now & it almost looks like there is a streamer of sorts setting up over the Irish Sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
1 minute ago, lukemc said:

A dusting for me in Garston would be nice do you think we could get some more snow out of this as it cold enough to snow here now looking outside it would be nice for me to get something come on snow lol

If any PPN decides to float by, it'll be snow from now on. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Id like to see a satellite picture tomorrow

Posted

Not bad at least winter has arrived here finally conditions conductive to snowfall.  How about Monday - I have heard that there could be more snow on Monday do you think we could get some more then? Before these "mild zonal" conditions that keep getting pushed back establish?

Luke 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I haven't got winter wonderland scenes like most tonight- I've had precipitation dregs but at least I've seen another day of falling snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 minute ago, lukemc said:

Not bad at least winter has arrived here finally conditions conductive to snowfall.  How about Monday - I have heard that there could be more snow on Monday do you think we could get some more then? Before these "mild zonal" conditions that keep getting pushed back establish?

GFS still says some snow Monday, but let's wait and see, it doesn't suggest anything heavy. Next week will be cold but will warm up by Thursday and Friday most likely. But that may change. Always tricky to forecast/model a breakdown of cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Proper throwing it down in Southport now by looking at the webcam. Still raining here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Chris R is it not snowing in Crosby?

Posted

A good chance I imagine yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 minute ago, karyo said:

Snowing again now. Must be the last hurrah.

Hasn't really stopped where I am in Salford!

Posted
Just now, i luv snow said:

Hasn't really stopped where I am in Salford!

It was much lighter earlier.

The only downside is that I can't see the skies clearing to allow a hard frost to form.

Posted

I think today shows how snow events can suddenly crop up at the last moment. This wasn't forecast 48hrs or so ago. It was suppose to be a starry clear night and probably the coldest night of the winter so far. Instead a large part of the region has got a snow cover at the moment. 

Very unusual set-up, our region got the front and tail end of the preciptation from this little system.  

• Like 2

Posted

41 pages in 12 hours haha! Nicely done all :p

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I think today shows how snow events can suddenly crop up at the last moment. This wasn't forecast 48hrs or so ago. It was suppose to be a starry clear night and probably the coldest night of the winter so far. Instead a large part of the region has got a snow cover at the moment. 

Very unusual set-up, our region got the front and tail end of the preciptation from this little system.  

We can also infer why date palms grow well on Wirral and nowhere else in the northwest ;-)

• Like 2

Posted

HI BT,

What is your temp now? as I don't have a weather station of my own but you are not that far from me.  Anyway I would say quite poor showing for me considering even Blackpool right on the Irish Sea is getting snow do you think I could redeem anything?

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

One to remember, good night.

569add283c100_2016-01-16013.thumb.JPG.0b569add3982fe7_2016-01-16003.thumb.JPG.92

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, lukemc said:

HI BT,

What is your temp now? as I don't have a weather station of my own but you are not that far from me.  Anyway I would say quite poor showing for me considering even Blackpool right on the Irish Sea is getting snow do you think I could redeem anything?

Luke

-0.5C my good man. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well we've just had what looks to be the last burst of heavy snow. Been a great day today, min of -5.1°C this morning, nearly had an ice day with a max of 0.1°C and now we've got a good 2 inches of snow. The hills will be wonderful tomorrow. :)

• Like 5