Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

New thread folks! 

Snow incoming... Wet or white later!!! 

Posted

Temp still climbing here!! 1.1c DP -1.0c... 

Posted

One thing that keeps me hopeful is the UK meto forecast, we rarely get either forecast for snow here or are even in a warning area for snow. At the moment I'll bank the met forecast as I'm off for a cold round of golf, there shold be some cracking views at least from the top of longridge fell. Hope we all get some of the white stuff later .... its been a long wait for here.

Posted

I've just heard a rumbling noise ! That can only mean one thing - the South Manchester snow shield is being deployed for the first time this year!  We do seem to be in the right spot for snow this time but I cant help feeling its going to be another one of those situations where we just miss out. Hope I'm wrong :D

• Like 1

Posted

Latest BBC forecast shows decent snow for Manchester but not much further east of this.  Could be one of those rare occasions when a  trip 8 miles south east of were I live and a drop of 100m+ could see more lying snow than here.  Very finely poised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

still frosty here and still not melting. If this keeps up I'm surely gonna see snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snow reports now coming out of the Scotish Thread

C.S

Posted

Frost melting here now in usual spots..car windscreens etc, still on grass.  Was never expecting frost all day here anyways so having it until even now is a bonus.

I think we will see some snow at some point today/tonight, how much and will it settle are another thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, pip22 said:

still frosty here and still not melting. If this keeps up I'm surely gonna see snow here.

I think sleet unless we get the heavier stuff over head. We'll see. Still frosty though! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like a Rivington Pike job tomorrow! 

Edited by Spah1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see a new thread as it's probably going to be busy in here later so better get the emergency chairs Out and ring the caterers.

as for who gets snow, this is going down to the wire and I don't like the way that the radar shows a more southerly push on the front with little eastward movement, at least at present.

hopefully this will change but as others have said, the block which is keeping the conditions suitable for snow is threatening to scupper the chances of it actually pushing across the region.

i still remain hopeful though and would certainly be happy with the Meto warning areas as most of the region will join in seeing some snow over the next 24 hours.

Posted

Downgrade after downgrade on the BBC website. Now showing mostly rain with a bit of sleet later for my area. Let's hope they get this as wrong as they did Boxing day last winter.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
3 minutes ago, karyo said:

Amazing how fast the band is progressing! It should affect the western side of our region within the hour!

Irish Sea is pepping it up too. Could evaporative cooling play a big part tonight? I wonder.  Freezing rain could be an issue. 

• Like 1

Posted

LOL Met Office app gone from showing snow symbols to heavy rain then sleet tonight!!! 

Posted

UK snow-forecast going along the lines of the majority of models now, showing quite a extent of snowfall across the Midlands into Wales

Untitled.thumb.png.57069088f5d2857d6b91d

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
Just now, *Sub*Zero* said:

LOL Met Office app gone from showing snow symbols to heavy rain then sleet tonight!!! 

This is going to be a bust for us, will probably fluctuate from rain to snow quite a lot but there will be no lying snow under 100M near the coast.

Posted
2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

This is going to be a bust for us, will probably fluctuate from rain to snow quite a lot but there will be no lying snow under 100M near the coast.

Nope I can see it's going to be a non event before it's even started!! Temp still rising here up to 1.6c now but dew still sub zero... Maybe a trip inland to higher ground for some snow!!

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

MetO app showing heavy snow for a couple of hours this evening, thereafter light snow around these parts. We shall see as it looks a rather messy affair and the mild boundary could easily move further inland or stay further out to sea.

Posted
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

Snowing in Whitehaven/Workington (western fringes of Cumbria) now albeit very light.

I'm quite near both those towns and nothing here yet. 

• Like 1