Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
22 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Looks great for midlands knocker but that shows rain for the west country.

Frankly I find it a little bizarre if people are trying to pin detail vis snow this far in advance in what is obviously a very iffy situation. At this stage I think I would settle for 'it has possibilities' :)

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Frankly I find it a little bizarre if people are trying to pin detail vis snow this far in advance in what is obviously a very iffy situation. At this stage I think I would settle for 'it has possibilities' :)

Well said knocker although after seeing Ian's post and scanning mod thread I feel like we are going to miss out on this cold spell coming. :closedeyes:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Well said knocker although after seeing Ian's post and scanning mod thread I feel like we are going to miss out on this cold spell coming. :closedeyes:

Certainly Cornwall probably will but not too sure about eastern counties. More of a concern at the moment is the possibility of rain and strong winds on Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.
8 minutes ago, Nights King said:

On Radio Glos 6.30 forecast Ian was talking about maybe some wet snow in Cotswold sat P.M with a meaningful snow event possible Tuesday/Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Cleeve Hill said:

On Radio Glos 6.30 forecast Ian was talking about maybe some wet snow in Cotswold sat P.M with a meaningful snow event possible Tuesday/Wednesday. 

My met office app currently shows sleet from 12 mid day Saturday until sunday which if true would be the ultimate tease... so close yet so far. :nonono:

Driving to work this morning was a nightmare.. not because of the ice on roads but because of the amount of morons that drive on them that don't understand how to drive on ice, passed 3 accidents on way to Wiltshire and nearly witnessed a fourth. The guy in front drove onto sheet ice which i expected because its been a stream for last week and then slammed his breaks on! :rofl: Needless to say he ended up going down road sideways and deserved to crash. Luckily for him though no one else was coming and it was on a straight. 

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Given my Temperature is dropping quickly (not quite like the proverbial stone) and is sitting at 2.8c currently, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of us getting some wet snowflakes later tonight and into tomorrow morning? The media forecasts I've seen don't suggest this to be the case, however, and broadly suggest they are rain showers in the main. The weekend prospects look disappointing at the moment if I'm honest. Still time for things to change I guess. Longer-term is also said to be interesting for us cold lovers but I haven't looked beyond early next week myself.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

There's nothing on offer snow wise for us in the West country apart from the very highest ground. Saturday looks like rain, Sunday's possible wintry showers have disappeared.

I'm just looking for drier weather, cold or mild doesn't bother me  now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Oh God, someone should ban those wind up GFS PPN charts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
32 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

A very real 'threat' is there...

image.thumb.png.ae7b0710d21dfd86646b31eeimage.thumb.gif.25a6794700b705968053f5f3

Probably wise to mention this in here as well, just in case some panties start getting wet..  lol  yu.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Ian has just posted in the mod thread, very interesting 

fromey 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
3 minutes ago, fromey said:

Ian has just posted in the mod thread, very interesting 

fromey 

Yep, well spotted. Here is the link folks.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Very interesting. Also the 18z GFS is having a go of upgrading our snow chances early Sunday through the middle of the day. Very interesting stuff, however I'm a bit on tender hooks with what Ian suggests, Bournemouth being the eastern side of the goods later in the week, :nea:I would rather be smack bang in the middle lol 

as as he says though, a lot of water to pass under the bridge before then.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
3 hours ago, gottolovethisweather said:

Given my Temperature is dropping quickly (not quite like the proverbial stone) and is sitting at 2.8c currently, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of us getting some wet snowflakes later tonight and into tomorrow morning? The media forecasts I've seen don't suggest this to be the case, however, and broadly suggest they are rain showers in the main. The weekend prospects look disappointing at the moment if I'm honest. Still time for things to change I guess. Longer-term is also said to be interesting for us cold lovers but I haven't looked beyond early next week myself.

Yes, interestingly my MO forecast says 5C at 11pm, but you take a look across Taunton and...

image.jpeg

Saying that however, I expect that the temperature will rise with any showers that come through/the cloud that comes with them!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
18 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

^

At least it gives us something to aim for, whether it comes to fruition or not.

Yes, probably our best chance all winter of decent outcome * potentially. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Something I don't remember seeing before- just been out for a quick smoke, the grass was frosty, and then a short/sharp shower occurred. It felt very odd!

Posted

Cloudy this morning with intermittent slight rain. Temp 6.5C and wind SE 15mph

Over the weekend the two depressions look like nipping up the channel so cloudy in the south with some rain. Midweek is still up for grabs with the METO stalling the front over central England before if fizzles out whereas the GFS does nudge it though. Still debatable if and where it snows although at the moment I wouldn't have thought we are looking at much in our area except possibly in the east and on high ground. Still to be resolved.

gfs_ptype_slp_eur2_9.thumb.png.c1bab0eb2gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_23.thumb.png.895997d5f16021700_1118.thumb.gif.d091329ded0c52d5

Edited by knocker

Posted

Good post by Steve mur and almost got me excited until I seen his last map showing snow depths. Not a scrap for west country. :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Hi. 

Going North today for a little 3 day break in woolacoombe . Where's the best spot on Exmoor to maybe see something white?

Going through a few locations,BBC gives Snow for Winsford,tomorrow. Is that the high spot?

Dont know exmoor at all.

Cheers 

Posted
9 hours ago, Mapantz said:

^

At least it gives us something to aim for, whether it comes to fruition or not.

Yep. Beggars can't be choosers!