Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Thanks Jethro! Lovely! Looking forward to it - going to make the kids walk to school in it tomorrow then... They will hate me :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

Just -2.5C here, not an ice day, actually very pleasant in the sun today out of any breeze.

Some pics from around the farm, think it was in 2012 when we had the last lot of lovely Hoar frost.

8268294150_c2e558ecf7_z.jpg

8268312462_6e070bd76c_z.jpg

8268269778_889cb6f7d2_z.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

Just -2.5C here, not an ice day, actually very pleasant in the sun today out of any breeze.

Some pics from around the farm, think it was in 2012 when we had the last lot of lovely Hoar frost.

8268294150_c2e558ecf7_z.jpg

8268312462_6e070bd76c_z.jpg

8268269778_889cb6f7d2_z.jpg

They're awesome. Hoping there#ll be some of that in the morning!

• Like 1

Posted

Mild from Thursday.

Friday looking at 12c in far south west, just in time for our regular January long w/e in Dartmouth.

Winter 15/16 shaping up to be v disappointing re snow with barely one month to go. Not even a snowflake here.

Crikey, even the  mild Winters of my childhood and teens, in early/mid 70s, produced the odd snowfall.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Hovering around the freezing mark. Crazy that just 100 miles to the east its sub zero.  We may be a small island but the differences in the weather are stark

• Like 1

Posted

Wondering how cold it could be out in the sticks tonight, -3.0c in a town area at 20.00, been a very long time since this kind of temperature this early in the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Just now, Andy Bown said:

Wondering how cold it could be out in the sticks tonight, -3.0c in a town area at 20.00, been a very long time since this kind of temperature this early in the night.

Indeed Andy. Feels colder than when I was in Warsaw at christmas. Hovering at -1.6C here.

Posted

Well, it rained yesterday. 22.2mm and 8.0mm the day before. The river was pretty high again (the lowest parts of the floodplain under water)

A min of -1.6C this morning, didn't quite manage frost lingering all day with a max of 5.3C. Now -2.3C and I'm looking forward to a proper frost tonight. -4/-5C here hopefully. 

Edited by Paul
Removed image

Posted

Thanks Knocker, turns out it's because it is my station!

Curious as to why they chose mine and not others around me that upload to the same platforms (Wunderground, WOW), but am happy for them to use it :)

Edit: Not sure why Paul has (apparently) removed your reply and my quote of your earlier one lol

Re-edit: Ok maybe I do.. looking elsewhere on that site the forum and other bits look like a blatant copy of Netweather... (unless both just use chart graphics and forum software sourced from the same place, not completely sure how it works)

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

-5.4c now altough decline has slowed up greatly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Due to the potential occurrence of a frost in Southwest England, including Devon and Cornwall, your Riviera status has here by been revoked. It will now be handed to somewhere roughly in the Merseyside area of Northern England or North Wales region :rofl:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
Just now, SP1986 said:

Due to the potential occurrence of a frost in Southwest England, including Devon and Cornwall, your Riviera status has here by been revoked. It will now be handed to somewhere roughly in the Merseyside area of Northern England or North Wales region :rofl:

Not quite most of devon and cornwall have struggled to get below freezing. Its frustrating when everyone else (apart from your goodself) are having near ice days :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I assume it's struggling again? Met-Office seem adamant colder temperature for southwest tonight, on a more widespread basis. We shall see.. It would be nice to see you guys get some wintry scenes.

• Like 1

Posted

-3.8 here in Reading, think we're heading for around -6, which would be the coldest here since February 2012. Benson looks clearer and colder than last night so probably a good chance of breaking -10 there I'd say, after last night's minimum of -8.4.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
31 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Blimey, someone living in Benson and venturing out :)

Unless the negative goes into double digits life goes on in Frosty Hollows :D

Edited because I didn't read the above post first!

Edited by Frosty hollows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Temperature: -0.6°C Dew Point: -3.6°C. Quite warm compared to most!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SP1986 said:

Lol, The Nasturtiums that have hung on in a sheltered part of the garden (even here in a relatively frost prone valley) will have had it now..

-3.4C.. come on temp, I want -5C (probably won't beat the -6.7C last December though)

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Drove into Warminster at 7pm and it was -2C then which as you say is pretty good going for that early in the evening. -5/-6C is about your limit without snow cover. Managed -15C in 2010 with snow which made working outside challenging !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

-5.9oC here now so may get to -7 or lower by the end of the night!