Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

CO2 Questionnaire Thread 2

BornFromTheVoid

CO2 Questionnaire  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that CO2 is a Greenhouse Gas, capable of producing a warming effect?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. All other feedbacks excluded, what temperature increase would you expect from a doubling of atmospheric CO2 concentration alone?

• No warming
    • 0-0.5C
    • 0.5C to 1.5C
    • 1.5C to 2.5C
    • >2.5C
  3. 3. Including other feedbacks, what do you think the equilibrium climate sensitivity to a doubling of CO2 is?

• No effect
    • 0-0.5C
    • 0.5C to 1.5C
    • 1.5C to 2.5C
    • 2.5C to 3.5C
    • 3.5C to 4.5C
    • 4.5C to 5.5C
    • 5.5 to 6.5C
    • >6.5C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Two years ago, a few polls were posted about CO2 and climate sensitivity, and there were 26 or so responses. The old poll can be seen here.

So I thought, seen as some time has passed, to post up the same questions and see how things have changed, if at all.

Like last time, voting is set to private.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Average guess for equilibrium sensitivity is 2.5C so far (but only 7 votes), with warming from doubling CO2 alone being 1.4C

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

Now with 23 votes average for equilibrium sensitivity is nearer 3C with warming from doubling alone around 1.5C. It will be interesting to see how the Sun going into a Maunder Minimum-type quiet phase and possible volcanic eruptions over the next twenty years impact on the predicted global mean temperatures due to rising CO2 levels, should these do so.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Damn, this poll was closed before I got a chance to vote!  My answers would have been as follows:-

1)  Yes I believe that CO2 is a Greenhouse Gas, capable of producing a warming effect.

2)  All other feedbacks excluded, I expect a temperature increase of >2.5C (3C best case and 5C worst case) from a doubling of atmospheric CO2 concentration alone.

3)  Including all other feedbacks on top of a doubling of C02 I expect a global temperature increase of >6.5C (probably in the region of 20C give or take 2C if the worst possible scenarios happen).

Edited by Lettucing Gutted
  • Like 1