Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

Alright guys let's end this now please. Any more posts on the matter will be binned.

I agree with that but any chance of the admin team taking cognisance of what Weather09 has written above.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 minute ago, Nouska said:

I agree with that but any chance of the admin team taking cognisance of what Weather09 has written above.

All the points brought up are continually reviewed, but anyone is free to bring up specific issues in the feedback area :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Really nice winters day and plenty of sunshine but chilly with a high of 6.5c earlier, currently 5.3c.

Some cold weather over the coming days & into next week feeling more seasonal with frost & ice. 

These are midday temps so a bit chillier at dawn. Dry for many which is good news after the soggy winter so far.

gfsc.thumb.png.fc50f92a322e8d7ee327f1706gfsc1.thumb.png.9b9e5b84e522c44ed6e4422bgfsc2.thumb.png.36d77a0eb234d746b13db1b9gfsc3.thumb.png.578e46934642022e16894b49gfsc5.thumb.png.7b7874c018f455bed0c68883

This would be a raw day.

gfsc4.thumb.png.b2180ecfc4978b51f95d23c2

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A lovely day out here, With a cold wind.

20160210_150559_Richtone(HDR).jpg20160210_145041_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
10 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

A lovely day out here, With a cold wind.

20160210_150559_Richtone(HDR).jpg20160210_145041_Richtone(HDR).jpg

love the limestone dales up there... i recognise the distant hills in the second photo, my daughter lives over that way!.

Posted

You can just make out Stanton Moor mast above the barn looking East towards Chesterfield and Derby 20 odd mls to the South. Lovely clean air out today makes for some fantastic views here in the Peak District. With such a shocking winter i'm ready for Spring now. Not long till the sheep start Lambing.. Let's just hope Winter does't have a sting in it's tail as far as the Lambs are concerned!

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

So with this cold spell be watered down again,a decent snow event been shown now mid of nxt wk lol.That'll have gone come wkend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
4 hours ago, weather09 said:

I think getting rid of the reputation system would change posting styles within the MOD thread drastically, and for the better. 

You got 13 likes..congratulations!:whistling::clap:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Ay, get rid of 'like' system, it's silly

Ironically though the people wanting rid are the ones using it!!!!,  big misconception going on here is that cold and snow lovers are here to build up massive rep points and people only vote for posts predicting cold , for a start off the most balanced poster of all has the best likes per post rating and that's Ian Fergusson, and he has only been a member since the return to mild winters. I can tell you now, If the old system was back (neg rep as well), I couldn't care less if I had a reputation of -20000 if I was sitting with a foot of snow outside my house, also I wish you could still see who was voting so when someone answers a query I make (particularly but not exclusively on the strat thread) I don't have to clog up the thread with a thank you afterwards because the poster can see who +1ed them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

my join date was 7th Jan '07, looks worse than it is, think 'like' system introduced in 2012? from 07 to Dec '12 had another account

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

my join date was 7th Jan '07, looks worse than it is, think 'like' system introduced in 2012? from 07 to Dec '12 had another account

It was on here more or less when I joined - not sure about its history before then, since then its been ditched, and tinkered with on a number of occasions.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Ironically though the people wanting rid are the ones using it!!!!,  big misconception going on here is that cold and snow lovers are here to build up massive rep points and people only vote for posts predicting cold , for a start off the most balanced poster of all has the best likes per post rating and that's Ian Fergusson, and he has only been a member since the return to mild winters. I can tell you now, If the old system was back (neg rep as well), I couldn't care less if I had a reputation of -20000 if I was sitting with a foot of snow outside my house, also I wish you could still see who was voting so when someone answers a query I make (particularly but not exclusively on the strat thread) I don't have to clog up the thread with a thank you afterwards because the poster can see who +1ed them.

Last time I looked, you could see who liked your post by clicking on your own profile.

The like system is being abused in the model thread when people who are posting about milder outcomes are being shouted down as mildies and the posts decrying them get a blizzard of likes. It is intimidating to even set foot in there any more.

Posted
13 hours ago, Gael_Force said:

Last time I looked, you could see who liked your post by clicking on your own profile.

The like system is being abused in the model thread when people who are posting about milder outcomes are being shouted down as mildies and the posts decrying them get a blizzard of likes. It is intimidating to even set foot in there any more.

but that's what we're all after, very tough to achieve in the môdern era

Posted
7 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

It was on here more or less when I joined - not sure about its history before then, since then its been ditched, and tinkered with on a number of occasions.

Yes it has been tinkered with, there was a plus and minus rating system at one point. I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest, it's not as if you win a prize for being popular is it!:D 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

but that's what we're all after, very tough to achieve in the môdern era

Aye, I just thought that might be rather ironic....the only blizzard to be seen in the MO :diablo:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

Yes, and despite what Gael says above, there is a differential between cold lovers who just post one liners (myself sometimes) and people who still love cold but post objectively like yourself, look at our comparative likes per post record.

Posted

yours is good Frosty, 3 likes per post! most annoying/unnecessary is the notification thingy

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yours is good Frosty, 3 likes per post! most annoying/unnecessary is the notification thingy

cant you turn it off??  I  find it usefull if its quiet and I'm hoping for someone to post in the middle of the night but it is annoying during the run up to a cold spell when a run is coming out because it keeps going beep beep beep when your already refreshing regularly anyway because the forum is in meltdown but I just turn my sound down on my computer.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm a coldie but I post all year round because I enjoy being part of the netweather community, when I joined in 2005 there wasn't a rating system. I don't post to be liked, and I don't think many are, we are here because we want to share our love of meteorology...:)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

cant you turn it off??  I  find it usefull if its quiet and I'm hoping for someone to post in the middle of the night but it is annoying during the run up to a cold spell when a run is coming out because it keeps going beep beep beep when your already refreshing regularly anyway because the forum is in meltdown but I just turn my sound down on my computer.

mine dosen't make a noise, just comes up at bottom of screen, also unnecessary when on other websites, it tells you who has replied on the other websites, as my netweather is always open

Posted
2 minutes ago, Karl. said:

I'm a coldie but I post all year round because I enjoy being part of the netweather community, when I joined in 2005 there wasn't a rating system. I don't post to be liked, and I don't think many are, we are here because we want to share our love of meteorology...:)

exactly right, I certainly don't post for 'likes'