Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECM1-144.GIF?05-0

another example why I think winter is far from over oop norf! snowiest spell in years could be coming up, for northerners over 200masl

but for south, winter over

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, Law of averages!! said:

But history shows the same from just after the… little ice age, it was similar then… as it is now!! So who knows that EPIC WINTER… is just round the corner!! But we've still a chance before winter is done… 

It won't salvage this garbage winter even if we get a cold spell in the next few weeks, the damage is done and it would just be a token gesture.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Karl. said:

It won't salvage this garbage winter even if we get a cold spell in the next few weeks, the damage is done and it would just be a token gesture.

what about if the chart I posted above came off Frosty? assume you have a bit of elevation you could be snowed in, also some GEFS members going for a slight undercut around this time

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

what about if the chart I posted above came off Frosty? assume you have a bit of elevation you could be snowed in, also some GEFS members going for a slight undercut around this time

Yes I agree but I've seen nothing in the met office update to suggest any big dumpings of snow and the models pull the rug from under coldies feet every time there is wintry potential..like I said, it's a garbage winter no matter how the next three weeks turn out.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It's been crap.

Many flooded out with Christmas festivity's ruined and no 'seasonal' weather at all even at this elevation with just a few days of lying snow.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Polar Maritime said:

It's been crap.

wanna swap locations then? then you'll know what crap is! I'ii settle for your 'crap'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ECM1-144.GIF?05-0

another example why I think winter is far from over oop norf! snowiest spell in years could be coming up, for northerners over 200masl

Oop norf with decent elevation, that's me.

anyway I've just been to look for my snow shovel, found it hiding behind the winter 15-16 book of reasons why it won't come off

It's a damn big book, this years volume.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ECM1-144.GIF?05-0

No doubt closer to that time the low will get shifted 150-200 miles further north so only Scotland gets the goods.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

It's been crap.

A great summary of the winter of 2015 -16:D

• Like 5

Posted

But i've not thrown the 'towel' in.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I've not thrown in the towel just yet even with my crap location, i like the look of those slider lows next week, by far the best scenario for my location if you want a decent bit of snow.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Good for you Rob, mine was only a virtual towel and some cunning reverse psychology...let's see if it works.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
57 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Clouds keeping on rolling

A typical looking autumn winter 2015/16 (cough...snigger) day

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

This thread should be renamed the towel throwing thread...as more and more members reluctantly see that it's just not happening for us...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG9SmdMvmeAD5-cpbTX2-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFBjvXhbT_W5D4NVLvOLh

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
18 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

This thread should be renamed the towel throwing thread...as more and more members reluctantly see that it's just not happening for us...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG9SmdMvmeAD5-cpbTX2-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFBjvXhbT_W5D4NVLvOLh

There's probably a shortage of towels by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Please, please let it snow for God's sake...

david-cameron-v2.jpg

Or I'll lose all the Netweather votes next election! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Are you still posting Jam Tomorrow charts?

fbsmsh.gif

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

Nor me PM.Much too early for that but maybe with all these towels being thrown about it's time to call up something to store them in.

56b503743ab10_laundryvannw.jpg.05d450908

Some of us will keep our towels until well into March.:D

• Like 4

Posted

I do think alot of the frustrations on forums is due to long term  forecasts issued pre-winter. Perhaps N-W will follow the Mets example and ditch these for monthly forecasts in future or at least place these in a more light hearted thread as opposed to the hype they tend to generate in November?

• Like 1

Posted

I used up all my towels during 13-14 and 14-15. 

Oh what a surprise it's 9C and raining again. Defences of the UK climate always used to centre on its variety, its unpredictability, its ability to give four seasons in one day....

Which is why one season in a year (the one involving westerly winds, clouds, rain and temps of 6-16C) and the only variety and unpredictability being will today's rain start am or pm, absolutely sucks like a supercharged Dyson.

Anyone remember those legendary creatures called "Anticyclones"? Or a wind that blew from the east? Been more chance of finding a unicorn sniffing around the bins as they blow across the garden for the 200th time this "winter".....

• Like 7

Posted

Evening campers just the latest from the woodshed with this evening's anomalies which shows little change. The well established upstream pattern remains with Aleutian Low, western N. American ridge into the Pole, and PV N. Canada and trough eastern North America extending SE to eastern trough over the UK. So no interruption to the NW/W flow over the UK bringing periods of windy and wet weather some of which could be quite wintry particularly up north. Temps variable because of transitory systems but generally a little above average.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_11.thumb.png.07f7c53gefs_z500a_5d_nh_41.thumb.png.64a482bc5f610day.03.thumb.gif.9bfed4897e029a79fb42

No huge change in the ext period except with the GEFS the Russian HP does ext over the Pole so no indication of any respite from the unsettled westerly regime. (can't post the ecm)

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.5b712ee5cd814day.03.thumb.gif.6443cc0cf7305885d870

The plunge of very cold air over eastern N. America has been noted over in the cold thread (actualy very interesting how far south it gets) but by the same token take a gander at the plus anomalies over Russia associated with the strong ridge. :shok:

gfs_t2m_anom_russia_39.thumb.png.a9aa56b

Edited by knocker
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, KTtom said:

long term forecasts issued pre-winter. Perhaps N-W will follow the Mets example and ditch these for monthly forecasts in future .

Met Offices short range forecasts aren't the most accurate either. 

Edited by SkiFishBum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
9 minutes ago, knocker said:

Evening campers just the latest from the woodshed with this evening's anomalies which shows little change. The well established upstream pattern remains with Aleutian Low, western N. American ridge into the Pole, and PV N. Canada and trough eastern North America extending SE to eastern trough over the UK. So no interruption to the NW/W flow over the UK bringing periods of windy and wet weather some of which could be quite wintry particularly up north. Temps variable because of transitory systems but generally a little above average.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_11.thumb.png.07f7c53gefs_z500a_5d_nh_41.thumb.png.64a482bc5f610day.03.thumb.gif.9bfed4897e029a79fb42

No huge change in the ext period except with the GEFS the Russian HP does ext over the Pole so no indication of any respite from the unsettled westerly regime. (can't post the ecm)

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.5b712ee5cd814day.03.thumb.gif.6443cc0cf7305885d870

The plunge of very cold air over eastern N. America has been noted over in the cold thread (actualy very interesting how far south it gets) but by the same token take a gander at the plus anomalies over Russia associated with the strong ridge. :shok:

gfs_t2m_anom_russia_39.thumb.png.a9aa56b

Do your anomalies ever show much change,Knocker?

If only Calsberg did anomalies

Posted
7 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

Probably not this year!

A cool and windy spring in the woodshed.

Giving way to a cool and windy summer in the woodshed.

Ending with a mild and wet Autumn in the woodshed:D

Posted
35 minutes ago, cornish snow said:

Does the weather show much change is the question? The point is cs if you have a pretty static upper air pattern, and it's the upper air which drives the surface, then the only change you get will be with the every day synoptics within that pattern which is why the interest in the det. runs. Anyway if you want change just pop into the other thread and you can chase shortwaves around the N. Atlantic and watch the MJO shoot off the chart.

• Like 4