Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
1 hour ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Or torpedo. Punishment being a week in the stocks being pelted with rotten fruit.

People keep saying it because they think that repeating it makes it more likely. Sadly this is why I have just stopped reading the model thread altogether :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Currently 14c in the Midlands....

This guy just saw the latest chirpy optimistic post in the Model thread with words like "potential" littering it...

fmc.gif

• Like 3

Posted

Me personally I am giving it another 10 days. If no eye candy is showing consistently in the mid/long range models by then, then the towel is being thrown in by me on this pathetic "winter" and I will be taking NW hibernation until next November. Except for summer T-Storms etc. What another grim winter episode this has been down here and for most of us to be honest. How much is a nice house in Yakutsk anyone?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

How about stocks on the edge of a cliff facing west! :rofl:

Think the word patients, potential and that blomin torpedo have well and truly sunk oh and get the cold in first etc etc etc. Anyway sorry about that but aaaarrrhhh 

• Like 1

Posted

The guy next to Leonardo Di Caprio has just said things look promising 10 days from now.....

Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, markw2680 said:

Think the word patients, potential and that blomin torpedo have well and truly sunk oh and get the cold in first etc etc etc. Anyway sorry about that but aaaarrrhhh 

Oh and sorry mpr it wouldn't let me post without quoting you for some reason lol

Posted

A new tread on the model output discussions and another round of day 10 predictions,  just love that day 10 not!!

When I die l'll ask the wife to have written on my tomb stone , If it's winter wake me up at day 10.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yes, a typical thing now in the môdern era, the cold never comes out of FI, and even that is useless PM air, which nowadays temps rerely drop below 3C here

Posted

Dont mention "potential" and "torpedoes" to Jack Nicholson...he doesnt like it....think this reaction sums up every coldie in here and what they think of this "winter"...Jack-Nicholson.gif

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not going to go into a long spiel vis the anomalies tonight because essentially there is nowt new to say regarding the next fourteen days. The upstream pattern remains the same and there is a suggestion of height rises in the western Atlantic later in the period which combined with the upper low.trough being over the UK stretching south veers the upper flow NW thus ensuring cooler unsettled weather over the UK with perhaps temps moving a tad below average. The main priority in this regime remains severe gales and in particular more rainfall in vulnerable areas.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_11.thumb.png.5440ff9gefs_z500a_5d_nh_41.thumb.png.6c20a42bc0

610day.03.thumb.gif.489e4ee16a8569646c2c814day.03.thumb.gif.164a6d24e790e69b9cd1

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

I'm not going to go into a long spiel vis the anomalies tonight because essentially there is nowt new to say regarding the next fourteen days. The upstream pattern remains the same and there is a suggestion of height rises in the western Atlantic later in the period which combined with the upper low.trough being over the UK stretching south veers the upper flow NW thus ensuring cooler unsettled weather over the UK with perhaps temps moving a tad below average. The main priority in this regime remains severe gales and in particular more rainfall in vulnerable areas.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_11.thumb.png.5440ff9gefs_z500a_5d_nh_41.thumb.png.6c20a42bc0

610day.03.thumb.gif.489e4ee16a8569646c2c814day.03.thumb.gif.164a6d24e790e69b9cd1

Vlogger.gif Deepest trough slap bang over the UK....could not make this crud up.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

I suppose the cooler weather may bring that word again.....POTENTIAL lol

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

don't mild NW'lys being 10 days away. they're useless here, they can stay there

Agreed...last winter the PM shots gave pretty numerous snowfalls to places with elevation, for the rest of us it was rain all the way...occasionally with ice cold slush mixed in...no thanks.

• Like 1

Posted

An air of desperation often sets in just after mid point of winter and summer - when we have seen little in the way of wintry or summery conditions and the outlook shows more of the same. I think it is because there is a sense of the season passing by, and the sense of hope begins to fade -its very natural for cold snow lovers and sun heat seekers to feel like this at this stage in both seasons..

This winter has felt very similar to winter 13/14 which failed to deliver any noteworthy cold weather in the south at least. We still have February to go, and I would be amazed if we see a fourth month in a row with endless low pressure set up and a raging atlantic - it naturally will start to calm down over the coming month.

I know its a long way off, but are we likely to enter winter 16/17 in a far better background state to this one - less solar activity, easterly QBO? -maybe, no super El Nino, it always was going to be a tall order this winter for anything cold and snowy at least early on. Mind whilst we've had record mild wet winters recently, we've not had a notably mild dry one for a while - sods law if next winter ends up doing the job - about time we had a cold dry one.. exceptionally rare it has to be said.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Agreed...last winter the PM shots gave pretty numerous snowfalls to places with elevation, for the rest of us it was rain all the way...occasionally with ice cold slush mixed in...no thanks.

we need -10 uppers at least off Atlantic air for snow, just won't happen, anything less = rain

• Like 1

Posted

The only  'potential' that concerns me in this sort of set up is rainfall amounts. And just to add I have campaigned for a couple years now for 'potential' and 'building blocks' to be incorporated into the swear filter.

• Like 1

Posted

It annoys me when I see the BBC forecast and it quite often shows snow from about the peak District north, why can't it just spread that bit further south please, even if it just once 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

we need -10 uppers at least off Atlantic air for snow, just won't happen, anything less = rain

I had snow with -6 uppers off the Atlantic on Saturday. 41m asl

Posted

Serious question this. Anyone think that the seasons are now out of kilter and need re-adjustment?

Jan/Feb/Mar = Winter

Apr/May/June = Spring

July/Aug/Sept = Summer

Oct/Nov/Dec = Autumn

Thoughts?

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

The only  'potential' that concerns me in this sort of set up is rainfall amounts. And just to add I have campaigned for a couple years now for 'potential' and 'building blocks' to be incorporated into the swear filter.

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

Serious question this. Anyone think that the seasons are now out of kilter and need re-adjustment?

Jan/Feb/Mar = Winter

Apr/May/June = Spring

July/Aug/Sept = Summer

Oct/Nov/Dec = Autumn

Thoughts?

kind of, but I'll say Jan-Mar autumn, Nov and Dec Autumn, for my area anyway

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Southender said:

Jan/Feb/Mar = Winter

Apr/May/June = Spring

July/Aug/Sept = Summer

Oct/Nov/Dec = Autumn

Thoughts?

On a mild Winters day 10-13c is normal for my location. A cool summers day  high is the same temp range. Summer seems to start later and Autumn doesn't know when to stop but then 09/10 cold was in Nov/Dec ha

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted
10 minutes ago, Southender said:

Jan/Feb/Mar = Winter

Apr/May/June = Spring

July/Aug/Sept = Summer

Oct/Nov/Dec = Autumn

Thoughts?

Yes totally agree iv thought this for a while