Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
25 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

i avoid model thread. Life is tough enough without reading that spraffing nonsense!

An Irish net weather convention!! There's an idea. Sure I heard this before in the past.

I'll bring the mead.

I hear you preach brother,  I could do with a cure today... 

• Like 1

Posted

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick

Southwest to west winds will reach mean speeds between 65 and 80 km/h with gusts between 110 and 130 km/h during Sunday night and through Monday. Winds will peak during Monday afternoon and evening and will be at their strongest along the coasts.

Valid:

Sunday 31 January 2016 22:00 to Monday 01 February 2016 23:59

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Roscommon, Tipperary and Waterford

Southwest to west winds will reach mean speeds between 45 and 65 km/h with gusts between 90 and 110 km/h during Sunday night and through Monday. Winds will peak during Monday afternoon and evening.

Valid:

Sunday 31 January 2016 22:00 to Monday 01 February 2016 23:59

arpegeuk-52-40-0.png?31-12

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 3

Posted

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork and Kerry

Exceptional wave heights, possibly reaching 12 to 15 meters, during Monday along Atlantic coasts.

Valid:

Monday 01 February 2016 12:00 to Monday 01 February 2016 23:59

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

Looking a bit further ahead i think the ukmo would offer better chance of a ridge forming in the Atlantic the further we can process that PV east the quicker the cold digs in and the ridge might form better in the Atlantic still think the Jet Stream to strong but you never know, would usually post this in Models tread but don,t want shoot down again.

gfs-0-138.png

ECM1-144.gif

UW144-21 (1).gif

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Always welcome Bomber lol

There shou

22 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

Snow possible Tuesday night in to Wednesday for Pom anyway ha

ECU0-72.GIF?31-12

66-7UK.GIF?31-6

66-101UK.GIF?31-6

Yep sure looks possible for quite a few you never know there could be a few surprises.

• Like 1

Posted

The ECM is relentless low after low and not particularly cold either from 96hrs on-wards no sign of mid Atlantic ridge forming hopefully things change soon but the Jet stream just seams too powerful this year..:wallbash:

Posted
1 hour ago, -Bomber- said:

Cecilia mentioned wind warning may be upgraded to Amber tomorrow especially towards the North coast

Looks like Cecilia is right with Amber warning the storm is further South on this run. Damaging looking gust

gfs-0-24.png

gfs-0-30.png

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Very annoyed at how I'm being treated on the MOD thread, because I question Frosty. I'm a member here 6 years and a regular contributor to that thread. I've had 3 posts deleted. Some posters are untouchable it seems! Double standards!!! :(

What's the story bud, I have your back :girl_devil::girl_devil::girl_devil:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
9 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Very annoyed at how I'm being treated on the MOD thread, because I question Frosty. I'm a member here 6 years and a regular contributor to that thread. I've had 3 posts deleted. Some posters are untouchable it seems! Double standards!!! :(

I would not be frostys biggest fan,its like he trys ramping things that are nothing too much out of the ordinary,ramping just for the sake of it more often then not.

• Like 1

Posted

Looked up the earth wind map there, we are in for a very windy evening and night, winds really ramped here in the last hour.

Rochey, you need to change your location to somewhere around the south east of UK, then you shouldn't have any issues. lol

Posted
15 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Looked up the earth wind map there, we are in for a very windy evening and night, winds really ramped here in the last hour.

Rochey, you need to change your location to somewhere around the south east of UK, then you shouldn't have any issues. lol

Dude what about the wean, did it make an appearance? 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Pomeroysnow said:

Dude what about the wean, did it make an appearance? 

Still comfortable where it is dude, hopefully this week it'll come out and greet us

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Winds are crazy strong here this could the worst wind storm of the year if it keeps this up, when was the winds meant to peak i thought it was tonight?

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-5.49,58.02,1519

You can track it here booferking

Posted

I would have thought today and this evening would have warranted an amber warning for wind as the strength and time period could cause disruption and safety concerns.