Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

-5 overnight and -2 now. Some showers hitting East Lothian now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Lovely covering of snow overnight. 

Not snowing here yet Nov 13.

10 minutes ago, snowy owl said:

Lovely covering of snow overnight. 

Not snowing here yet Nov 13.

We had about a cm of snow overnight judging from my car this morning so there must have been shower activity moving over you then me at some point. We've had a few flakes this morning, so we've got a reasonable almost covering lol image.thumb.jpeg.c9d2a04203e09b36d19d7cfimage.thumb.jpeg.02654c10a50c9fbab51e4f9

So far it's been ok, but defo not a cold spell which I'll be going on about for years to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Lovely photos catch. 

Its bright sunshine here reflecting off our covering of snow. 

Sadly it just looks like another year of little or no snow. With El Niño on the wane, I wonder if that will make all the difference come Nov 16?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

beautiful morning here, blue sky and sun glistening off the snowy garden. 

DSC_1224.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Well lovely crisp day here, no fresh snow but about to set off for aviemore to see a man about a timeshare so hopefully see a shower or two up there...packing the sledges 

• Like 3

Posted

Aye NL, when it peps up it has a fall rate similar to 09/10 (not quite that mental though) 1inch cover over a cleared area within 10 mins this morn. Measured depth now at 18cm, doubt it will surpass 2  weeks ago but it's more than welcome to try :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Most of the time I see the funny side of living somewhere so snowless but now and again, on days like today when I see others enjoying sunny skies and even modest coverings of snow I get jealous. Of course I could get in the car and go find some snow but everyone knows nothing beats snow in your own backyard!

Even for here I think a 5+ years wait is long enough. Come on snow gods, show me some love on Valentine's Day! Just a cm on the ground, that's all I ask for. I won't expect anything for another 5 years, honest! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
13 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Aye NL, when it peps up it has a fall rate similar to 09/10 (not quite that mental though) 1inch cover over a cleared area within 10 mins this morn. Measured depth now at 18cm, doubt it will surpass 2  weeks ago but it's more than welcome to try :hi:

Heavy shower passing through here right now. Planning to take a drive up to the end of the road (Dulnain valley) to walk the dugs and get some snaps.

Quick shot of out the back at the mo. Totally tanking it down.

IMG_0437.JPG

EDIT, and out front.

IMG_0439.JPG

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Heavy shower passing through here right now. Planning to take a drive up to the end of the road (Dulnain valley) to walk the dugs and get some snaps.

Quick shot of out the back at the mo. Totally tanking it down.

IMG_0437.JPG

Enjoy. That's either a tree house or a Carrbridge snow lookout post. Maybe you can take an early afternoon drive to the Slochd, take the back road off to the right immedietly before you join the A9 north of Carrbridge. Should be plenty fun for a winter driving aficionado like yourself 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
10 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Enjoy. That's either a tree house or a Carrbridge snow lookout post. Maybe you can take an early afternoon drive to the Slochd, take the back road off to the right immedietly before you join the A9 north of Carrbridge. Should be plenty fun for a winter driving aficionado like yourself 

It actually has a power supply so you can take the laptop up to it and watch the radar. Fort SS snaw watch forward outpost.

The old Slochd A9 road? Aye, I know it well; used to cycle up it as a boy to visit a mate who lived at Slochd. Would be a fun drive in this weather!

At the moment, the plan is station road to Dalnahatnich. I doubt there's been a plough past the sawmill. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

The old Slochd A9 road? Aye, I know it well; used to cycle up it as a boy to visit a mate who lived at Slochd. Would be a fun drive in this weather!

Cool, aye that's the one. Bit of a lull in proceedings just now but early afternoon looks like a payday 

Posted

Off out for a walk in the slow snow, the one flake per 10 seconds snow...! (better than nothing, though)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
34 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Cool, aye that's the one. Bit of a lull in proceedings just now but early afternoon looks like a payday 

Could be.... yr.no shows rather more and bigger grey blobs approaching but it's hard to tell at the scale it shows.  I certainly need you guys to blow west a bit - mind, it's a bit late by the time it's got to you :cc_confused: .  I'll trust the cats today - behaving like there's a blizzard incoming, hiding under bedding, eating as much as they can, etc.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Typically, there's a 30 mile wide corridor upwind which is devoid of ppn and cloud even.  I should have looked at the geography more carefully 25 years ago.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Just hail for me by the coast. (overnight min for UK -14.1C at Braemar). 

hailstones.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Heavy snow on again. Grand day for going out so took Mrs.Northernlights out for Lunch.She is pretty fed up as its half term this weekend and a snow day looks possible tomorrow and shes off  anyway. Side roads fairly icing up with hard packed snow. Not treated at weekends and maybe not tomorrow if no school buses. Winter tyres really working this morning. Currently 0.5c  and moderate NE wind

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny spells here with showers passing by well to our East. Still some crunchy snow around from yesterday in the higher parts of the city. -3.2C this morning.

My brother measured -9.5C in Aberfeldy this morning above snow cover in clear skies and no breeze.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Sunny spells here with showers passing by well to our East. Still some crunchy snow around from yesterday in the higher parts of the city. -3.2C this morning.

My brother measured -9.5C in Aberfeldy this morning above snow cover in clear skies and no breeze.

The showers are clipping us here in Crail but nothing more than very light flurries. Air temp 3.6c here. Surprised  to see Leuchars and Dundee/Riverside reporting 5c at 2pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
20 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

The showers are clipping us here in Crail but nothing more than very light flurries. Air temp 3.6c here. Surprised  to see Leuchars and Dundee/Riverside reporting 5c at 2pm.

It's currently 4.3C in my back garden which is the highest so far today. Feels warm in the bright sunshine but there is still frost and little bits of snow in the shaded bits.