Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Laying on all surfaces..... Thickest on trees/fence/cars/grass.... Maybe 1cm..... Shame will not last long..... Hoping band up north delivers a bit more by morning....post-15202-0-34643600-1448055586_thumb.j

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

brief burst of snow at 2035 just before I left work, bracing walk home at 2100 first time I've had to wear gloves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Did we? All I've noticed so far is rain... (Obviously looking out the wrong window!)

Who on here is on Facebook I wonder? Maybe I should start a NW Midlands region FB page? They we needn't worry about going off topic if we want to? It does feel like a lovely group of friends here!

Midlands Ice Age reported snow flakes. Maybe it was very localized snow flakes :laugh: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Laying on all surfaces..... Thickest on trees/fence/cars/grass.... Maybe 1cm..... Shame will not last long..... Hoping band up north delivers a bit more by morning....

I was thinking this earlier, even if we do get Snowfalling my thoughts were 'it won't settle as the ground is far too warm ATM'

Good to hear that it's settling for you.....Bring it :DN

Edit, Great Pic'

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

0.9C now too warm for anything but rain, as it will rise as cloud moves in, but coldest temp by miles at this time of day since around Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Just rain passed over briefly here in Wellesbourne but at 47m can't really expect much......the NW radar had green literally 4 miles north of here at 21.15 but blue over me........got the security light on so will keep the faith....good luck everyone !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Did we? All I've noticed so far is rain... (Obviously looking out the wrong window!)

Who on here is on Facebook I wonder? Maybe I should start a NW Midlands region FB page? They we needn't worry about going off topic if we want to? It does feel like a lovely group of friends here!

Sounds like a plan :)

• Like 1

Posted

Hope that clump of precip over Cheshire holds together on its way here lol. Some bright returns on radar, so should mean heavy snow (for those with any meaningful altitude anyway).  

Waiting patiently..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

0.9C now too warm for anything but rain, as it will rise as cloud moves in, but coldest temp by miles at this time of day since around Feb

????

• Like 1

Posted

Hope that clump of precip over Cheshire holds together on its way here lol. Some bright returns on radar, so should mean heavy snow (for those with any meaningful altitude anyway).  

Waiting patiently..

not me then, peak district members maybe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

About an hour ago I heard this big gust of wind so looked out at the lamppost and to my surprise there was quite big flakes falling, couldn't believe it so went to get my drink came back......guess what??? It stopped lol. Anyway hoping for something decent later you never no

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing here Telford, just a passing shower judging by the breaks in the clouds, but snow all the same

Edited by smethwickgg102

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I said it last Winter and i'll say it again now... What are the house prices like in Glossop?! *froths at the mouth*

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Midlands Ice Age reported snow flakes. Maybe it was very localized snow flakes :laugh:

ANDY...

I reported a snow flake (not flakes)!!

I was determined to spot  one early this year and I was watching from the moment that snow was reported in Walsall and the northwest Mids. Clearly on the radar heading straight for us..

Anyway another drop in temps. Now down to 2.3C with the  dewpoint of -2.2C.

A fall of 1.5C in the last hour, with a strong wind, so the cold air clearly embedded now.

MIA.

Saw it fall in the streetlight, amidst the sleet that was falling at the time. I benefited from putting myself on official street lamp watch>>>>

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

Snowing here Telford, just a passing shower judging by the breaks in the clouds, but snow all the same

Stopped now, maybe I'll catch it up on my way home.

Posted

not me then, peak district members maybe

Oh, don't know about that.  Had snow here not too long ago, and the shower wasn't particularly heavy or long-lasting. Stuff to our NW is heavier and there's more of it.  104m isn't too bad.  I'm at 130m, so I'm better lol (joke).

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Settling light snow falling here, Lovely jubly.

Temp 1.8c

Dp -1c

Wind Chill 0.4c

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

All very quiet here, though I guess I could have missed a one-minute flurry or something. It is chilly, though (1 °C), so feeling a lot more like late November than it has done this month so far!

Posted

Oh, don't know about that.  Had snow here not too long ago, and the shower wasn't particularly heavy or long-lasting. Stuff to our NW is heavier and there's more of it.  104m isn't too bad.  I'm at 130m, so I'm better lol (joke).

not ideal though, as areas around me, Cannock and Stoke much higher, Telford also higher

Posted

I said it last Winter and i'll say it again now... What are the house prices like in Glossop?! *froths at the mouth*

Just bought a couple of rentals should be on market to rent end of january..... £500 to £580 per month.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Again looking at NW radar ....is that a streamer going into Wales from Irish Sea? It seems to have been pink over Wales all evening.....Lucky beggars !

Edited by VeryCold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just had a text from a friend in Chesterfield he says its snowing there.... so pleased to see that some of you have had snow falling and some have had snow settling as well.... and lets all just hope this is just the start of things to come for the next 4 months or so....

Just bought a couple of rentals should be on market to rent end of january..... £500 to £580 per month.....

did inbox you mate when was looking but didnt hear back.... have you a new account??

Posted

Just had a text from a friend in Chesterfield he says its snowing there.... so pleased to see that some of you have had snow falling and some have had snow settling as well.... and lets all just hope this is just the start of things to come for the next 4 months or so....

did inbox you mate when was looking but didnt hear back.... have you a new account??

Think so..... Yes im sure i did....sorry had one but went really quickly....

Just bought two more rentals.... Thinking of doing one as holiday rental.... Lots of cyclists, walkers.... Maybe snow wanters......

Some real property deals going up here....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1