Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Real humdinger of a squall past through now. Recorded  5.6mms of rain in 20 mins!.

Also at times the visibilty was reduced to about 50 yards.

I have to announce that a very serious  accident and fatality  occured this evening in the storm.....

Yes -  my snow watching street lamp was extinguished.!!!!:sorry::nea::wallbash:

Now - I was away when we had snow in 2010 and 2013 so I missed out on the delights of those events!!!

Am I to be cruelly denied the extreme delights of actually watching delightful snow fall, by a freak of nature???!!!!

It cannot happen to me....What have I done?  Is it my being  a sceptic?        I even spent one day cutting down all my trees last October to have a better view!!

Oh cruel, cruel world!!!!

I think I will now believe in global warming. Who else was it who sent tonight's storm at just the time that the charts were predicting a reasonable chance of snow for our area.????             It could only have been caused by CO2!!!

I'll ring the council tomorrow  and let you know about the funeral arrangements. (Yes, I mean mine!)

MIA          (Goodnight!)

:sorry::sorry::angry:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.
7 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Just been outside and saw 2 flashes to the SW- in a starry sky. Looked at the lightning detector and there are strikes in Pembrokeshire- that's 100 miles away. Can I really see them?

I think that was MIA spontaneously combusting. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

h850t850eu.png

very similar GFS to yesterdays, snow risk too far south, 1st slider low even more south, need a correction north, ECM though gone tits up

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

What a morning here out, Very heavy rain just now with some sleet mixed in.

Edit- All sleet now.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

It's very blowy out, currently 5.7oC, but not too much in the way of rain at the moment, although it looks pretty dark out towards the West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

57.1 mm makes it the wettest first week of February here since 1990 when 61.4 mm was recorded.

• Like 1

Posted

42.2mm here at my location.

Posted

Tuesday evening looks interesting at my location.

20160208_110731.jpg

Posted

Very heavy showers continue to blow through with a sleety mix.

Posted

Heavy blustery showers.... Was 8c on car in hyde/mottram got home and car and weather box say 4c....showers of sleet/ice mix.... Hills disappearing every five minutes.... Looking good for tomorrow according to netweather forecast up here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Winds haven't been as strong as I expected, but it seems the most strongest winds are actually in a few hours.

Posted

prectypeuktopo.png

Fridays low much further north now, but do not need further movements north, Saturdays low though a bit south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Calling it now: the Peak District will have snow. The higher parts of the W Mids (200m+) will have sleety slush. The rest of us will have rain. You wait and see!

Posted
1 minute ago, Arctic Hare said:

Calling it now: the Peak District will have snow. The higher parts of the W Mids (200m+) will have sleety slush. The rest of us will have rain. You wait and see!

I should say thats a fairly good call.  Feeling underwhelmed by the 12z outputs   mind you i wouldnt mind a sleety slush  after what we have had this year

Posted

3.5c with heavy squally sleet and hail showers all afternoon.... Yuck.... Hopefully some proper flakes this week too... Would be nice to see everywhere covered white instead of mud and roads turning into streams... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Max gust of only 40mph! I was expecting 60mph gusts :nonono: Anyway, hopefully we will get some snow next week...

Posted
2 hours ago, xSnow said:

Max gust of only 40mph! I was expecting 60mph gusts :nonono: Anyway, hopefully we will get some snow next week...

certainly not next week! mild all the way, this week maybe unless ECM is right then none, only our high up members Will etc

Posted

gfs-0-84.png?18prectypeuktopo.pnggfs-0-126.png?18

GFS still going for the undercut, infact setup reminds me of 8th and 9th Feb '07

00Z's though are key, feel the ECM has this right, especially as model experts say so, I normally go with GFS but not this time

GFS = Wrong

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hello from Gothenburg, Sweden! Good luck on your snow potential this week. Cold and rainy here currently. Promise of some snow for Oslo and Stockholm later this week where I head to. Then in Kiruna it should head down to -15 to -20c late this weekend when I arrive. :) Hopefully clear to see the northern lights by then. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

rubbish 00Z's, snow is off for all Fri to Sun

What!     the ecm come into line with the slider   infact the ecm would bring some snow to the midlands  the  gfs  less so    but its like pin the tail on the donkey with this  low   more runs needed

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

What!     the ecm come into line with the slider   infact the ecm would bring some snow to the midlands  the  gfs  less so    but its like pin the tail on the donkey with this  low   more runs needed

were suggesting an area of snow for Midlands, now nothing, just bits of drizzle really, bbc and Fax also agree, I agree with carinthian in model thread, these sliders will end up with ppn in France

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

were suggesting an area of snow for Midlands, now nothing, just bits of drizzle really, bbc and Fax also agree, I agree with carinthian in model thread, these sliders will end up with ppn in France

Yes the fax charts  do indicate a southerly alteration of the low   however  a few days away  still time for change   lets see what the 6z brings