Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Climate Change Denial To Be A Crime?

Snowy L

Posted

A very good post Born and if you want a good example of a denier try one Robert W Felix  who cropped up during a discussion I was involved in over on the glacier thread. Total nutter.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2005/may/10/environment.columnists

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted

Trust you! :rofl:

With all due respect she's produced more peer reviewed papers on the climate than your good self, so to say she's a denier speaks volumes about your own agenda.

Wrong quote sorry Ed.

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Like 1

Cripes. What started off about punishing deniers has descended into defining what a denier actually is. Get a grip! Does it matter? Unless you're a rabid 'stop climate change in its tracks right now' kind of guy, it means you don't care a hoot and are effectively a denier, whatever your leaning may be. I'm a fully paid-up member of that club (though I haven't actually paid anything to anyone). All I asked earlier was why are 'believers' so hell-bent on inducting everyone into their church? It's like those motorcycle gangs where you have to endure initiation rites or woe betide.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Cripes. What started off about punishing deniers has descended into defining what a denier actually is. Get a grip! Does it matter? Unless you're a rabid 'stop climate change in its tracks right now' kind of guy, it means you don't care a hoot and are effectively a denier, whatever your leaning may be. I'm a fully paid-up member of that club (though I haven't actually paid anything to anyone). All I asked earlier was why are 'believers' so hell-bent on inducting everyone into their church? It's like those motorcycle gangs where you have to endure initiation rites or woe betide.

Were you saying the same thing when scientists wanted us to act on CFC emissions? What about smog, or acid rain? How about eliminating asbestos? Did they all have a church/motorcycle gang ethos too?

• Like 1

Posted

Were you saying the same thing when scientists wanted us to act on CFC emissions? What about smog, or acid rain? How about eliminating asbestos? Did they all have a church/motorcycle gang ethos too?

There was concrete empirical evidence on all of those whereas the projected impacts of AGW are merely simulated by a climate model, of course they could well be right.
  • Like 5

Posted

There was concrete empirical evidence on all of those whereas the projected impacts of AGW are merely simulated by a climate model, of course they could well be right.

Many of the current paid AGW deniers used to deny the effect of CFCs, smoking, asbestos and more (and still do). 

There is a lot of empirical evidence for AGW, more than some of the previously mentioned issues. 

Actually yes, Born. Whether I believed or not was irrelevant - it would have made no difference to the outcome so lets quit trying to beat us into submission. Truth is I could not care less.

Fair enough. However, if you're not interested, then why do you bother posting here? Do you post on every topic you don't care about to tell the people you don't care?

• Like 2

Posted

Many of the current paid AGW deniers used to deny the effect of CFCs, smoking, asbestos and more (and still do). 

There is a lot of empirical evidence for AGW, more than some of the previously mentioned issues. 

Fair enough. However, if you're not interested, then why do you bother posting here? Do you post on every topic you don't care about to tell the people you don't care?

Hence my could be right remark.

Posted

Quite an interesting blog. Well I think so

The Exxon scandal: an industry insider’s view

http://critical-angle.net/2015/10/19/the-exxon-scandal-an-industry-insiders-view/

An interesting read knocker though how much is true remains to be seen but I would imagine most of what he says to be indeed correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

So after all the above diversionary discussions  should sceptical deniers of AGW be made criminals?

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So after all the above diversionary discussions  should sceptical deniers of AGW be made criminals?

MIA

No more so than people that went and voted for the conservatives..  :D  :nonono:

Posted

MIA

No, and tbh even the facts within the original articles didn't really suggest it, was mostly just paper talk. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

No more so than people that went and voted for the conservatives..  :D  :nonono:

I'll take that as a 'yes' then! :rofl:

Posted

MIA

Nope. Are there situations where people should be prosecuted for deliberately and knowingly lying to the public for personal gain?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Is there any independent study to support this ?

If you were posting in the 1930s based on the evidence you might have refuted links between smoking and cancer.

There was enough evidence by the late 1950s to suggest a strong link between smoking and cancer 

re Global warming man made were in the 1930s ie jury is still out or are we suggesting all deniers believe the moon is made of cheese ?

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 3

Posted

Is there any independent study to support this ?

If you were posting in the 1930s based on the evidence you might have refuted links between smoking and cancer.

There was enough evidence by the late 1950s to suggest a strong link between smoking and cancer 

re Global warming man made were in the 1930s ie jury is still out.

Just google search Richard Lindzen (smoking and cancer), or maybe Tim Ball (still a CFC denier) and both prominent AGW "sceptics"

I don't agree with the rest. AGW "Sceptics" always looking for another few decades to confirm what has been known by actual climate scientists for decades already. Also, public perception is not a useful indicator of the strength of a scientific theory.

• Like 3

Posted

Here's a thing, this thread has ended up where most of us thought it may - with both sides doing their utmost to discredit the other. Sad thing is that the main people being made to look a bit daft is those trying to do the discrediting. 

Shall we lock this now before the next step of proper name calling and childishness takes hold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Here's a thing, this thread has ended up where most of us thought it may - with both sides doing their utmost to discredit the other. Sad thing is that the main people being made to look a bit daft is those trying to do the discrediting. 

Shall we lock this now before the next step of proper name calling and childishness takes hold?

A good idea,  Paul.