Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Biggest temperature ranges you have experienced on your travels :)..

Mokidugway

Posted

-20 in Korea and +44 in Egypt and the Australian outback (the latter was at Daly Waters, in the Northern Territory, in December, with high humidity too).  The biggest system shock was probably travelling from Hong Kong home in December, +25 in Hong Kong at 11pm and -6 at Gatwick around 5am when we landed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

didn't we do this before somewhere?...anyway -42c when I lived in Edmonton Canada and +40c in Dubai.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It touched -20c here in 09/10, But i have been out climbing in -24c in the Highlands with windchill well into -35's...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

didn't we do this before somewhere?...anyway -42c when I lived in Edmonton Canada and +40c in Dubai.

Yes we did, here it is:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83429-extreme-temperatures-hottestcoldest/

• Like 1

Posted

-20 in Korea and +44 in Egypt and the Australian outback (the latter was at Daly Waters, in the Northern Territory, in December, with high humidity too).  The biggest system shock was probably travelling from Hong Kong home in December, +25 in Hong Kong at 11pm and -6 at Gatwick around 5am when we landed.

yes, something similar, left HK at 2300 local time with 28C and 95% humidity and landed at Frankfurt for fuel en route to Manchester, Frankfurt -6C and snowing, +1C at Manchester and snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Went from 12° at Gatwick, to -24° in Cleveland.  Seven days later it was 28° in New Orleans.

Posted

Went from 12° at Gatwick, to -24° in Cleveland.  Seven days later it was 28° in New Orleans.

had this when I flew back to the UK for xmas in 2012..it was -33c when I left Calgary airport and +13c on landing at Gatwick

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Went from 24 deg in Teneriffe to -6 deg in Manchester in 4 hour !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Highest temp I've experienced is when on holiday in Egypt June 2012, most days it was around 43'C. 

Coldest has to be here in South Yorks during  the 09 and 10 winters when temps dropped below -10'C on several occasions.

Biggest difference in a day must be mid March 2006 when travelling from Sheff/Don airport at 6am where light Snow was falling and temp was just below freezing point then around 6 hours later walking along sea front on Costa del sol in warm sunshine and temp of 25'C 77'F. 

Posted

Near -10C but not much lower in Switzerland, and 43.6C in Melbourne in 2010.

In my home city I've lived thru the historic low and historic high temperature. -2.8C in 1982 ( I was only 8 ) but it was a Saturday and I remember my dad removing the pillars of frozen ice from the backyard shed gutters, and playing Star Wars 'lightsabre' games with my brothers. It's quite rare to get a zero on the south-east coast. Highest 41.8C in January 2013.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Driving (less then 24hrs)  I guess it would be from around 30c death valley to -1c up to the top of a ski resort near flag staff late September.

Flying (one trip) I'm guessing 30c Barbados back to 0c uk

In a year 41c in Turkey to Moscow -19c

and sitting on couch record but travelling to bathroom etc (24hrs) would have been when living in Kansas when it went for around -15c to 15c in 24 hrs.

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Both extremes in temperature I have seen have been in bulgaira.

Sunny beach 39c

Borovets -30c Eye lids and lashes kept freezing shut round the edges because I forgot my goggles which was a pain in the ass.  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

-27 Ontario Canada Jan 1994 and +51 Phoenix Arizona July 1991

I can't imagine that kind of heat. At least if it is stupidly cold you can just dress better but how do you escape that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

My largest range has been here in Berlin - from -13c to +39.7c.

Posted

Had an interesting one in Jasper October 2010..went to a meeting at 10am it was 16c a bit dull and drizzly..when I came out at 1pm it was snowing and -2c

Posted

that would have netweather in meltdown !!.

That's the beauty of the North American Prairies..spring and autumn can and does produce some really dramatic changes in the weather literally in front of your eyes,,its a weather watchers dream!