Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2015/16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The 2 charts below just about sum up our year for heat often in touching distance but it can't make that final trip across the channel

ukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It's ridiculous how badly placed we are. Always just 'over the water'. It's like the weather gods are just laughing at us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It's ridiculous how badly placed we are. Always just 'over the water'. It's like the weather gods are just laughing at us.

i'm sure we are the worst placed country in the world, for cold/snow or summer sun/heat,

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

So what happened to the 'summery' week of weather that I've kept reading about? Been very underwhelming so far here, with just the next 2 days looking nice before a descent into weeks of Atlantic vileness again. Ugh, roll on 2016!

• Like 1

Posted

What is "warm sunshine"? The BBC keep saying that in their forecast, but since when, sunshine can be "cold"? Otherwise, no sunshine here yesterday, warm or cold, despite promising forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

What is "warm sunshine"? The BBC keep saying that in their forecast, but since when, sunshine can be "cold"? Otherwise, no sunshine here yesterday, warm or cold, despite promising forecasts.

when its -20c and sunny that's cold sunshine

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not convinced, since it feels warmer even in -20, if the sun is "hitting" your face :) The air may be cold, but not the rays of sunshine. 

Edited by skyboy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I'm not convinced, since it feels warmer even in -20, if the sun is "hitting" your face :) The air may be cold, but not the rays of sunshine. 

Believe me it doesn't!!

Posted

Believe me it doesn't!!

I believe you in Calgary (some of my relatives live exactly there :), but for me it always did, in cold winters of Central Europe in the 1990's. This temp range however is not usual for the UK. When it's hovering around zero, sun is certainly not cold. But this is just my opinion anyway.. :)

Edited by skyboy

Posted

Funny how now we finally get this south-easterly it's when the continent has just lost it's interesting temps and storms it seems to have had for so long..

Still, it is giving some very nice weather. 

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Obviously warmer but Nov 05 and Dec 10 were utter perfection in terms of being stupidly sunny and freezing. I just love the polar sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted

I love September...the month that pulls the rug from Summer and says....Days are getting shorter...Halloween is coming...Bonfire Night...and a 3 month cold freezing Winter...yum

Hallowe'en sucks means nothing, 3 month cold winter, will not happen

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hallowe'en sucks means nothing, 3 month cold winter, will not happen

Snow somewhere this Halloween .... :cc_confused:  :rofl:  :)

Posted

Need some nice calm weather in the channel & Biscay 27-29 September please. Off on a mini-cruise to Santander again. Don't mind if there's some thunderstorms in Biscay of course!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

this 'nice' weather we are enjoying still isnt summer though. damp musty mornings, leaves starting to turn and vegetation in general is tatty and old. no swifts, no birdsong, ... nah, a few hours in the afternoon of pleasant sunshine isnt what i call summer.

• Like 1

Posted

this 'nice' weather we are enjoying still isnt summer though. damp musty mornings, leaves starting to turn and vegetation in general is tatty and old. no swifts, no birdsong, ... nah, a few hours in the afternoon of pleasant sunshine isnt what i call summer.

not summer though is it!, around Wimbledon I always think as true summer, light until 10pm, high sun, no signs of autumn anywhere,

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Who said it was? Just enjoy what you have got. You almost sound like you don't want any sun and warmth!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

This September is proving quite similar to August so far here, just a slightly cooler version - some sunny days, some cloudy days, some showery days and over the weekend it looks like some wet days. A much more traditional September than last year methinks.

Posted

After the glimmers of hope this week and initial hope of a southerly blast next, it seems business as usual is gearing up, back to the grot, cloudzilla resurfaced dead on work finish today after hot sun and 21c all day in a windowless office!  :nonono:

Posted
One of the worst Septembers ever with nothing to enjoy. A nasty depressing gloomfest. Day after day of horrid, cold, soul-destroying featureless murky stratus and drizzle completely writing off the last few weeks capable of producing summer-like conditions :wallbash:

Outlook is horrific as well. SE winds bringing at least a further 4 or 5 days of gloom on top of the ridiculous amount already endured. Looks like the first half of the month will have well under 40 hours sun putting it on track to rate amongst the dullest on record and certainly the dullest month, so far, of yet another atrocious seasonless year.

Not only that Saturday, Monday and Tuesday all look ridiculously wet and if some of the projected rain totals come off then this will easily replace 1993 as the worst extended summer of my lifetime. It's just been relentless rubbish, with barely a dry day never mind dry spell, since the last week of April and I am sick to death of it :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

One of the worst Septembers ever with nothing to enjoy. A nasty depressing gloomfest. Day after day of horrid, cold, soul-destroying featureless murky stratus and drizzle completely writing off the last few weeks capable of producing summer-like conditions :wallbash:

Outlook is horrific as well. SE winds bringing at least a further 4 or 5 days of gloom on top of the ridiculous amount already endured. Looks like the first half of the month will have well under 40 hours sun putting it on track to rate amongst the dullest on record and certainly the dullest month, so far, of yet another atrocious seasonless year.

Not only that Saturday, Monday and Tuesday all look ridiculously wet and if some of the projected rain totals come off then this will easily replace 1993 as the worst extended summer of my lifetime. It's just been relentless rubbish, with barely a dry day never mind dry spell, since the last week of April and I am sick to death of it :nonono:

Jesus...have you ever liked any weather ever? 

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 3