Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some sharp showers have fired along the M4 corridor over the past 30 mins drifting WNW...no sferics as yet, but they're quite pokey

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

JOHN HAMMOND seemed quite confident that the trundling cold front way 'out west' will trigger thunderstorms across SE England tomorrow afternoon and evening.1600 onward looked sweet.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes,just about to comment on this front which is still way out west and we are still in the moist unstable air,i am keeping my eye on that mass of ppn to the SE of me(S linc's)

a new cell has fired up S of Calais that might interest a few folk in the SE

by,are we straw clutching here.

I'm keeping an eye on it!

Strange that the lightning seems to be going east whilst the rain appears to be going north. Very odd.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes,just about to comment on this front which is still way out west and we are still in the moist unstable air,i am keeping my eye on that mass of ppn to the SE of me(S linc's)

a new cell has fired up S of Calais that might interest a few folk in the SE

by,are we straw clutching here.

Yes ive noticed that too! Looks very bright on the radar but no lightning detected yet. Still, I like hearing torrential rain on the roof so hope it keeps its intensity heading slowly this way :)  It can always develop into something still!

My brother is rubbing salt in my wounds right now too, hes in Denver, Colorado and experiencing a very big storm he says. Grrrr! Sending me videos and everything haha....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

That mass of ppn still looks heavy to my SE,i am patiently waiting to see if it kicks off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Just got back from dunstable downs, the clouds are so low that its foggy as hell up there! Though there was a cracking storm on its way from all the blue flashes through the fog, but sadly someone had crashed up there so the cops were flashing there damn lights lmao

• Like 2

Posted

Well another plume bust here yet again hasn't even rained the last two days so yeah same old story ah well at least some got something maybe something tomorrow I hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and storms

Torrential rain in cambridve but that's all ............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well another plume bust here yet again hasn't even rained the last two days so yeah same old story ah well at least some got something maybe something tomorrow I hope.

IMHO that was no plume. Temps barely made it past a paltry 20C in the UK, they were much higher on the continent, hence the explosive action there and the wet fart here, excluding the far SE corner again.

If we were to actually get a proper plume like I those I remember years ago, that lasted for several days minimum and where the UK was really sunny and hot, then we'd have decent storms here too. Until then, it'll be the same disappointing set up like today, that we've seen so many times in recent years.

Tomorrow could bring storms along the cold front but I'm not holding my breath! Such is life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Poor day here to be fair.Cloudy and breezy all day max temp 20 degrees.Brief rain around 5pm for around 15 mins.Heavy rain here now with gusty winds,but no T&L doesn't even feel all that muggy!!.Apart from the nighttime storm on 4th July it's been a very poor summer for storms here.

Posted

Just seen a good cg on the Amsterdam cam

http://www.earthcam.com/netherlands/amsterdam/?cam=amsterdam

oh well at least we can see some lightning else where,for a fix.

to add,that ppn in and around the Oxford area is getting heavier :D

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted

Such a shame this rain isn't thundery, it looks really great on the radar!!! :wallbash:

post-19114-0-90380100-1439507724_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Such a shame this rain isn't thundery, it looks really great on the radar!!! :wallbash:

attachicon.gifrain.jpg

Just heavy rain I'm afraid with gusty winds here.

Posted

attachicon.gifrain.jpg

Frustrating isn't it,even that cell in Calias has died of death,although asking a bit too much from that but i hoped that the SE would see something from that but it doesn't look likely at the moment,we may be woke up by a rogue rumble,but i don't think that will happen now

it looks to me that all the energy is off to the right of this system ie:- Netherlands down through the borders of Germany/france and south,will we see a final push/plume this summer?,time is running out FAST.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

To be honest I don't blame the storms for keeping to the continent. The favourable conditions mean they can actually survive in those areas (although they are technically not alive).

Posted

Frustrating isn't it,even that cell in Calias has died of death,although asking a bit too much from that but i hoped that the SE would see something from that but it doesn't look likely at the moment,we may be woke up by a rogue rumble,but i don't think that will happen now

it looks to me that all the energy is off to the right of this system ie:- Netherlands down through the borders of Germany/france and south,will we see a final push/plume this summer?,time is running out FAST.

Yeah think its a bust, ill be off to sleep shortly now. Shame but cant win em all :(

Only storm ive had is the 4th July one this year, been very poor tbh

Posted

Yeah think its a bust, ill be off to sleep shortly now. Shame but cant win em all :(

Only storm ive had is the 4th July one this year, been very poor tbh

Still,we crack on with our lives,there is winter aproaching,lets see what happens there,and see what 2016 brings us :D

off now,maybe a few suprises tomorrow/today lol.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very heavy rain, seemed like it would deliver a good flash and a bang, but no!

A bust for how it seems!

Unless the end of August can deliver, which it has done in the past, then time is definitely running out for here. Noticed the uppers are getting weaker and the nights are making themselves that bit more present each day..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Yep...i would agree with the sentiment expressed here...seems to be a bust for the vast majority of the country barring the far South East. Currently raining quite heavily here. Garden really does need it though so i'm not complaining! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

^^^

Top post

Light rain here but certainly no hints of any T/L

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I can't understand why so many of you call it a "bust" and continue to slag off the Met Office just because you don't see a bolt of lightning.  I think some of you need to get a bit of a life apart from dreaming about storms.  If anyone knows what triggers a thunderstorm they would be a millionaire wouldn't they?  As far as I saw today the Met highlighted areas in the Mid / South East of England this morning and said they were "at risk" of receiving a severe storm and to my knowledge some counties down south did.  I think a few of you need to grow up a wee bit and get a life of some kind.  I like following this forum as I am fascinated by storms, but there are far too many people out there who are wayyyyyy too obsessed and get upset when storms don't happen for them.

It was a bust, for the simple fact I didn't hear a single rumble. Just like a level 2 from estofex over N France on the 4th July was a bust for them when they didn't hear a single rumble and the SE quarter into Eastern England saw widespread storm activity. A big part of our life is for witnessing good storms and enduring the excitement of them. 

Partly the reason why we decide to come on here!

• Like 5