Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Been looking for Jersey webcams for ages but can only find the nest.gg ones for  GSY 

Here's a couple of links for you  :hi:

http://www.watersplashjersey.com/surf/splash-cam.aspx

http://www.gov.je/Weather/Pages/webcam.aspx

Edited by Fitzwis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Well, it seems there advantages to being awake all night with a grumpy baby! radar looking very impressive, blitzortung lighting up like a Christmas tree too... Bet that south Coast view is good tonight, anyone down there with a camera? Think, it'll be a little while before we see anything, hopefully it'll make up for the lack of visibility for the meteor shower....

I am down near the coast but the view from my house is rather obstructed to the south, can normally see distant flashes but nothing at the moment...it's a shame because I would normally be on the sea front but with results day tomorrow that may not be a good idea!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Thank you. Splash cam showing some nice bright flashes 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Tonight reminds me of why I love weather! Even if I get none the anticipation is awesome! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Tonight reminds me of why I love weather! Even if I get none the anticipation is awesome! 

Just like the Bees, its all about the buzz we get from it all. Let your energy wreak havoc Mother Nature.  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb: With the added assumption everyone stays safe that is.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Should be interesting on this cam in a few hours :)

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

I aml looking the real lighting maps and the stroms coming out of France on the English channel are not dieing out because I can see lighting spots getting near Plymouth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

It looks as if the first band of storms may miss here.

Posted

Annoying that the radar is down, had to go and look at the Met Office's radar, in for some interesting few hours in the far west.  Can anyone wake up the IT guy at NetWeather, give the server a kick?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Prediction time.

Much of Cornwall very heavy, some torrential rain incoming from 1am onwards onwards up to and past dawn, wettest part of the UK by morning for sure. Some bits and pieces of T&L here.

South Coast especially from Southampton/Portsmouth Eastwards over to Hastings, expect torrential rain amongst some mainly moderate bursts but with a greater risk of intense T&L outbreaks than elsewhere. I expect much of this action to occur from 1:30am onwards.

Further inland up to CSE for example, my patch (expected to be on extreme Westward edge of main band) including areas such as parts of Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire should start seeing any T&L from 3am onwards.

My analysis above is based pretty much around personal observations using some crude analysis of current media expectations and from what I've read in here, in addition to studying up to date evidence gathered from latest radar imagery and animations.

Good luck one and all, I'm pooped but still hope to be rudely awoken by Mother Nature at its best.  :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Annoying that the radar is down, had to go and look at the Met Office's radar, in for some interesting few hours in the far west.  Can anyone wake up the IT guy at NetWeather, give the server a kick?

raintoday.co.uk

Posted

raintoday.co.uk

netweather v6 radar is working fine for me guys n gals. Working on Chrome okay this end. Please report it via the usual routes if possible.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

www.netweather.tv

Host

Error

meh ..someone give it a kick

netweather v6 radar is working fine for me guys n gals.

Error 502 Ray ID: 215015d1fe9a061c • 2015-08-12 23:51:04 UTC Bad gateway   :(:(:(
  • Like 1

Posted

Now got the following error myself, oh poo.

Error 502 Ray ID: 21501b88423213ad • 2015-08-12 23:55:08 UTC Bad gateway
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Why is it that the storms east of channel islands are heading towards the S/SE but the rest is staying pretty much in channel islands and off the Brest peninsula...so frustrating! I said I'd go bed an hour ago but then saw new cells firing rekindling my hopes haha...definitely bed time now it whiffs of bust for the W all over...unless its rain you want.

Posted

someone put 50p in the meter lol

As the French electricty boards own our meters I believe their own multicellular storms have crashed our networks, perhaps we can organise a blockade of sour milk for them. :rofl:  Nah, we not jealous of your storms, what made you think that monsieur.  :aggressive:  :wallbash:

• Like 2

Posted

Bah I'm not getting NW radar either.. Anyone think North Devon in for any storms?  Or should I give up and go to zzzz Looking at other radars it does look very meaty out there in the channel but that was 1 hour ago..