Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted

Looks like a big heavy shower south of Nottingham but it doesnt look electrified unfortunately

Yep, that was the Swindon born cell, glanced Leicester, only light rain where I am, looked like somewhere in Leicester received a deluge, but sadly, not yet electrified, unless anyone has spotted any undetectable intra, or IC lightning around it....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Woah big flash in Harrow/Ruislip direction! Maps got it! 

Chalfonts area.

thats where i am in Ruislip fairly hammering it down lots of lightning alarms going off etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Woah big flash in Harrow/Ruislip direction! Maps got it! 

Chalfonts area.

Ahh northwestish of me then

Kicked off good and proper to my southeast

thats where i am in Ruislip fairly hammering it down lots of lightning alarms going off etc

Isn't that just the locals?

:p

(I'm a Ruislip boy)

Posted

Yep, that was the Swindon born cell, glanced Leicester, only light rain where I am, looked like somewhere in Leicester received a deluge, but sadly, not yet electrified, unless anyone has spotted any undetectable intra, or IC lightning around it....

Thats the cell thats just to my SE, it looks on the radar to have pepped up a tad, blacks and greys on leading edge oranges outline the cell http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well one cell has flashed past but not much to look at - a few forks but sporadic and went out of shot quite quickly.

I'm expecting something quite special tonight so hoping that's just a taster :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some intense precipitation on the V6 radar just to the NW of London, although not much in the way of sferics (at least not in comparison to other events earlier this month). It is the best storm in the UK currently though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hope Torro are right...as they say, only appears to be the western edge of the plume destabilising at the moment.

not quite, I'm on the western edge of the plume and it's quiet here....some towering Ac Cas 3 hours ago that led to heavy shower that's still ongoing over the east midlands....skies outside are fairly clear with the odd path of altocumulus, still engaging the plume but nothing happening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Some very distant flashes in sutton from the cells to the west. Come on budge just a bit more east. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Yay-round 2 has arrived.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Seen several big flashes to my east. Same as two weeks ago. Never get this directly overhead, always a bit frustrating! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

It's extremely elevated

Take a look how bloody high the cloud top is lol

attachicon.gifDSC_0892.JPG

Thats a nice piccy

Just shove up here please 

Edited by Flipflop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Some nice elevated lightning to the south of me, pretty nice and chilled! 

• Like 1

Posted

Am praying I get something tonight - was disappointed as I hadn't quite got my video camera settings right so was all heavily blurry (in a nutshell, had autofocus on). Fortunately despite the frequency of the lightning being worth capturing, bar a few awesome CGs is mostly strobe with poor thunder (locally).

Fingers crossed some of it budges East as based on what's happened so far, there's plenty of potential for some nice displays and maybe something nudging a little close to severe :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Looks like something developing on the isle of wight!

Posted

Am praying I get something tonight - was disappointed as I hadn't quite got my video camera settings right so was all heavily blurry (in a nutshell, had autofocus on). Fortunately despite the frequency of the lightning being worth capturing, bar a few awesome CGs is mostly strobe with poor thunder (locally).

Fingers crossed some of it budges East as based on what's happened so far, there's plenty of potential for some nice displays and maybe something nudging a little close to severe :D

Storms still appear to be following the same path atm. Surely everything will budge a bit east over the next hour.

Posted

Next radar out, cell north west of London is starting to look interesting now. (cough supercell cough)

Posted

Been sat in my garden the last 30 mins. Lovely and warm - very, very surprised to hear lots of loud booming thunder. Can sound really travel that far or is something going off closer to home that neither the radar nor lightning detectors are picking up?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Are these cells worth chasing?

• Like 1