Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, johnholmes said:

Unusually I am showing all the post.

Qu=WHY when you link to the information do you have repeat it yourself. Do you think we are not capable of clicking on the link and reading what UK Met actually poste?

Rather patronising post IMO! It's up to each individual what they want to do. To me, I think it's nice to have the key points/text displayed here. May save the bed to click on the link and load further pages. Still, the link serves as a reference and a point for further information should one want it. I have done this many times in the past. Don't really see why it's a problem?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
11 hours ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Rather patronising post IMO! It's up to each individual what they want to do. To me, I think it's nice to have the key points/text displayed here. May save the bed to click on the link and load further pages. Still, the link serves as a reference and a point for further information should one want it. I have done this many times in the past. Don't really see why it's a problem?

It's also general courtesy to link to the origin of the information you present, if it's not your own work. 

What Summer Sun did was present the initial summary of the article here, then link to the full article for those that wanted to explore further. I don't see a problem with that, in fact I do it myself all the time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Doesn't really quite feel like it's actually December. The thought of it being Christmas in about 3 weeks time feels a bit odd (though not completely odd). But although there has been some cooler days, for the time of year we're in, it's been feeling generally quite mild and Autumnal-like here, excluding the cold wintry snap during late November. Early this morning, for example, the temperature was almost 13*C (didn't get any higher than 13*C itself today, though, probably thanks to the cloudy South-Westerly airmass). The sort of temperature that wouldn't be terribly unusual to occur on a cool late-Spring or early-Summer's day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes it certainly doesn't feel like early December. Still a fair amount of leaves on some deciduous trees here. Plus the mild weather means it still feels more like mid autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some pretty incredible temperatures being reported in the Winter ramps and moans thread with one or two people getting up to 16*C. While I imagine other Decembers in the past have offered similar temperatures, is still quite remarkable. 

Just below 14*C at the moment here, but you could certainly be tricked into thinking it was Autumn at the moment (and, again, in some ways, the sort of temperatures that could perhaps be passed off as a (very) cool Summer's day). 

I think it wouldn't be terribly odd if an extremely cold spell was to suddenly arise at some point to try and even the weather out, even if the El Niño conditions delay any possible much colder conditions towards the second part of Winter. Not completely guaranteed, though. And there's always the chance some surprises could still pop up earlier on in the season.