Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

A high of 18.4c at 14:15 today and little wind, mostly around 5mph with a gust high of 12mph mid afternoon

The humidity took quite a dive today from 92% at 7:40 to 49% at 14:15, a slight rise since to 54%

Looking like a pleasant warm weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

A chilly, sunny and calm start to the day here. Temperature: 9.5°C. Today's Low Temperature: 4.9°C at 05:41.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typically I was woken up needing the loo at 6.30 on a weekend - never happens during the week.... looked a bit misty outside at that stage. Has been largely clear since about 9am though with some cumulus now building after a minimum of 06.3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

ground frost this morning in the hollows and on some of the cars. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sun has now set. Hazy out there. Been a good day making planters from pallets. 13.2c.

Posted

Wow the West Country was in stunning form today for our day out to Sidmouth for my wife's birthday. It's been in the pipeline for weeks and when I first saw a HIGH pressure chart 10 days ago I was hopeful, however the reality far outweighed any hope.

Virtually clear blue skies all day, especially on the coast and very strong sun beating down plus reflecting off the sea. Quite a brisk breeze at times but plenty of places to shelter from it while remaining in the sun.

Plenty of West Country fare consumed too! Pasties, ice creams, tea and cake and a great spur of the moment meal at Mattia Diner on the A303 (between Sparkford and Podimore services roundabouts) which wipes the floor with its' Little Chef predecessor!

Roll on the lunar eclipse tonight!

Edited by Andy Bown
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Wow the West Country was in stunning form today for our day out to Sidmouth for my wife's birthday. It's been in the pipeline for weeks and when I first saw a HIGH pressure chart 10 days ago I was hopeful, however the reality far outweighed any hope.

Virtually clear blue skies all day, especially on the coast and very strong sun beating down plus reflecting off the sea. Quite a brisk breeze at times but plenty of places to shelter from it while remaining in the sun.

Plenty of West Country fare consumed too! Pasties, ice creams, tea and cake and a great spur of the moment meal at Mattia Diner on the A303 (between Sparkford and Podimore services roundabouts) which wipes the floor with its' Little Chef predecessor!

Roll on the lunar eclipse tonight!

My good old local town, Sidmouth! Can't wait to see the lunar eclipse tonight, it's amazingly clear and bright out there!

Posted

So pleased we set an alarm for 03.00 as to see the 'blood' coloured moon was awesome. It was extra eerie due to some low cloud patches which were drifting across from Salisbury Plain.

Wonderful day, nudging 18c and full on sunshine again after early shallow fog/low cloud.

Posted

A lovely clear night last night took a few of these with my telescope and a point and shoot!

IMG_0512_zpsuoiz9pbc.jpgIMG_0536_zpsufgwsqsd.jpgIMG_0540_zpslso5orhg.jpg

IMG_0557_zpszvisaz1m.jpg

IMG_0591_zpsqujoqsqu.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

does anyone know what this cloud is right in the middle of screen I guess its due to suns angle or something.. Would it be Cloud Iridescence?

WP_20150928_18_28_43_Pro_zps7p9ucwyv.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

does anyone know what this cloud is right in the middle of screen I guess its due to suns angle or something.. Would it be Cloud Iridescence?

It's a sundog, frequently occurs in Cirrus at 90 degrees to the sun. That is a stunning photo!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

This is just the perfect autumn weather we're having at the moment & long may it continue.