Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted

Spent the last few days in Newcastle and it wasn't particularly summery, lots of wind on Saturday, Sunday ok, today preety poor, temps below average. For the whole of the region temps for the rest of the month look set to remain firmly below average... a poor outlook for high summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Spent the last few days in Newcastle and it wasn't particularly summery, lots of wind on Saturday, Sunday ok, today preety poor, temps below average. For the whole of the region temps for the rest of the month look set to remain firmly below average... a poor outlook for high summer.

Yes it's been pretty "average" here for a couple of weeks now for the most part.

I was at a BBQ on Sunday and it was only barely warm enough to sit outside when the sun was out, as the breeze was chilly feeling and it was quite cloudy at times.

For mid-summer this is poor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Hi, anyone in here been to a metoffice open day? due to go this saturday but heard some poor feedback and not sure what to expect or if it's worth the very long journey there and back... any info very welcome, cheers.

Posted

It's getting very dry here, I know that.
Grass on dry banks has practically gone brown which hasn't really happened for a few years now.
At the same time we keep getting little showers and it's not exactly summery - today was chilly for the time of year with a strong gusty wind and cloudy spells.
Humidity and dewponts are notably low which also makes it feel cooler.

Posted

12c to 13c in the height of summer and plenty of rain about over the coming days.

Oh dear.

Posted

12c to 13c in the height of summer and plenty of rain about over the coming days.

Oh dear.

Preety dismal prospects when the region should be seeing average maxes of 19-20 degrees. Temps on a par with late October!!! accompanied by rain, cloud and a cold wind it is certainly feeling more like the depths of Autumn.

A grim outlook...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

This weather is truelly shocking cold damp n autumnal going camping in the lakes in 2 week's, I hope n looking at the models maybe a change on the way

• Like 1

Posted

cold, wet, miserable day for many today temps ranged from 11 to 13.c today when traveling around the northeast today. think i'm ready for winter now after today  :cc_confused:

Posted

It's already been raining almost non-stop here now for over 24 hours.

The BBC say it will continue unabated (bar an hour) for a further 36 hours.

Ridiculous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Watching the beebs forecast last night I was expecting a lot more rain than we've actually had so far today in Darlo the ground is now dry and it doesn't really feel all that cold even though the air temp is only around 13c

Posted

Drizzly  here and was only10.6C a few minutes ago.
It really is quite hard to believe it can be so cool in what should be the warmest week or two of summer.
It's not unheard of to struggle around 10C during a rain event with a Low in the North Sea, but now it's just cold and damp, with a light northerly drift, brief brighter interludes barely have any effect

Posted

Drizzly  here and was only10.6C a few minutes ago.

It really is quite hard to believe it can be so cool in what should be the warmest week or two of summer.

It's not unheard of to struggle around 10C during a rain event with a Low in the North Sea, but now it's just cold and damp, with a light northerly drift, brief brighter interludes barely have any effect

No figures to back it up just my memory but the number of days in May with max temp in single digits is increasing and now June this year had a number of days max temp in single digits, more than I can ever remember. Given how cold this July has been I'm thinking we may see a single digit July max in the next few summers. Arctic.

Posted

Nice to see the sunshine again today after a 3 day absence

Torrential downpours here this afternoon and cold again.

Posted

Torrential downpours here this afternoon and cold again.

I was in Newcastle yesterday and had no rain when I came back on the train it was raining in the Birtley area then closer to Durham it was dry and sunny

Back to now not a cloud in the sky over Darlo a lovely evening a bit fresher in the shade but a light jumper is all thats needed

Posted

I was in Newcastle yesterday and had no rain when I came back on the train it was raining in the Birtley area then closer to Durham it was dry and sunny

Back to now not a cloud in the sky over Darlo a lovely evening a bit fresher in the shade but a light jumper is all thats needed

You were very lucky then! We were also in Newcastle Wednesday and got wet running to the museum! It got even heavier later at home and the radar showed some intense rain falling over some parts.

Yesterday had some pleasant sunshine with light winds but cold again, 15c max in sunshine end of July is cold no matter how you dress it up. And 15 is the 'warmest' it had been for days. My grass has just about stopped growing, never had to cut it so infrequently but thats a good thing!

Posted

You were very lucky then! We were also in Newcastle Wednesday and got wet running to the museum! It got even heavier later at home and the radar showed some intense rain falling over some parts.

Yesterday had some pleasant sunshine with light winds but cold again, 15c max in sunshine end of July is cold no matter how you dress it up. And 15 is the 'warmest' it had been for days. My grass has just about stopped growing, never had to cut it so infrequently but thats a good thing!

Was 14:25 when I left Newcastle station so it must have started just after I left back to today hardly a cloud in the sky and the temp is pretty much where it should be for the time of year

Posted

great washing/drying day today, 6 full loads of clothes washed and dried on washing line. nice day though after another pretty rubbish week for summer... bit warmth for next few days to look forward too but not much in the the way of long sunny spells to go with the temps.

Posted

oh no, not more rain, didn't see this in the forecast this morning... even metoffice showing dry and cloudy from 4pm to 11pm with no mention of the rain thats covering large parts of northern england right now. I give up!

Posted

Another crap day, can't even get to 20c which is average and yet more rain. A chilly 16, late afternoon, height of summer. Surely it's got to improve!!

Posted

A better day yesterday, almost 21 with plenty of sunny spells, only downside was the strong wind! Back to square 1 today, windy, cloudy and cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

lovely day out there sunny spells current temp 21.1c. go to the lakes on sunday for 6 nights and the weather looks changable to say the least

Posted

Glorious here in Darlo at the moment, though later this afternoon there is the risk of some heavy and potentially thundery showers developing

Posted

It was close to 5C first thing but with sun and little wind it has already reached 15C
Heather is starting to show colour will be good in another week.