Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

i've been woken up by loud thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

there isnt much thunder and lightning at all tbh, i've seen two cg strikes in 10 minutes, one which was no more than 2 miles away, the rain was a bit mental for a time and i think a funnel was very close to forming on the edge of the storm.

Before i got woken up i was having a class dream about a huge storm that hit us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
Missed out. Again. everything went east and north of us.[/quote

1 whole flash of lightning an 1 rumble of thunder AMAZING! Can't wait for next year's installment!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Absolute direct hit near Salwick this morning 06:45 am

Woke us all up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well the night before last was pretty amazing with fork lightening etc right over leyland....frequent for well ocer an hour. Then last night although not as good as the night before, thunder and lightening,more sheet lightening, but thunder was more frequent than night before. It sort of gave up after id gone to bed 12.30 but then i was awoken to huge claps of thunder at 5.45am and it carried on for a while. Really humid this morning, stopped raining now.

Posted

The storm that went over me this morning looked really intense on raintoday, i thought i was going to be in for a good light show but i only seen 2 cg strikes and a couple of flashes and i only heard thunder about 20 times in 2 hours. Still a lot better than nothing though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Oh dear I forgot to follow this topic last night so missed out on all of the regional chat :-(. Just read through the thread. Had one thundery shower associated with the warm front that passed just off the coast Although it did give a positive CG. Nothing since, although when I was at the beach after midnight I could see frequent CGs to the north, probably around the Filde coast. Quite disappointed. A few rumbles on Wednesday and the same last night. Tomorrow looks the best bet for me, I usually do great from diurnal storm setups with an SSW flow. Incidentally, currently temperatures are higher than forecast again at 25°C. Wondering if this is because I have had so little rain recently.

Posted

Quite warm here too, soon as the wind changes to a SW direction then its all down hill.

Posted

I love the look of tomorrow! Heavy thundery downpours and this time without the sticky heat!  :D

• Like 1

Posted

Prob Cheshire gap streamers ,won't get out here :(...

I don't think they are Cheshire gap streamers as they happen in a northwesterly flow.

There seems to be a lot of activity expected tomorrow afternoon. Clearing by late pm though.

Posted

fair point just so used to the anomalous NW !!!.

I am feeling optimistic about tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

I can just see tomorrow being one of those instances where our region is a breeding ground for the storms that affect the east. We get the boring showers and the east gets the thunder...

Though saying that, 29 July 2013 came off a similar pattern to this, and Manchester got four thunderstorms that day!

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted

At pickering pasture walking along the mersey,lovely day with a strong breeze to cool me down

Edited by carl1980

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Lovely day and a strong breeze !! Went down to see the Queen Mary 2 and also saw the red arrows which was fab !! It's gone quite cool now.

• Like 2

Lovely day and a strong breeze !! Went down to see the Queen Mary 2 and also saw the red arrows which was fab !! It's gone quite cool now.

nice not done much today apart from painting barn doors which was not such a good idea as the wind increased :0...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Oh the red arrows came today did they? Didn't realise. Might have been able to hear them from here. Hoping to hear the fireworks and the horn of the QN2 as it leaves in an hour, As long as the wind turns more southerly in time.
  • Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was uneventful but today there are already thundery showers in West Wales, the Southwest and Ireland and they will be over us in a few hours!  :)