Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted

NetW ATD only picked up 11000 strikes last night, compared to 64000 on June 28th 2012

Could this have been due to the elevated nature of the lightning.

There was very little in the way of strikes and thunder here, just constant flashes. 

Blitzortung in comparison showing upwards of 72000 strikes for last night. 

post-17481-0-13732800-1436009270_thumb.p

post-17481-0-26913300-1436009450_thumb.j

post-17481-0-39791000-1436009629_thumb.p

post-17481-0-51922300-1436009633_thumb.p

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted

oh man my head hurts .. after running around like a loon for 2 hours on top of westbury whitehorse /redhorn managed to get 4 hours in total footage from 4 cams ... my homemade lightning dector crapped out at 5000 strikes lol .. seen a fair few power flashes lastnight plus i am getting hords of phonecalls from people with dead adsl modems ..   anyway coffee and try to wake up ... i got 100 gig of stuff to start editing later on

• Like 5

Posted

So glad I didn't have the planned all-nighter, set my alarm for 3:30am wasn't impressed so went back to sleep at half 4 and just woke up now.

A few flashes around me but never overhead, some heavy bursts of rain with a few rumbles of thunder, that was it  :(

If I had stayed up all night for that bore fest I would have been one very miserable chappy today, thankfully made the right desicion lol  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Just to Recap what areas were affected by thunderstorms during this plume over the past 4 days! Hopefully more events like this to come!  :D

That image pretty much confirms what I suspected last night, that all of the storms missed us. I'm in that gap to the North of the Humber.

There was still some thunder around from nearby ones, but the shield was working well again it seems.

• Like 1

Posted

Had nothing here this year so far, but I can see these plume setups occurring quite a bit throughout this summer, so not going to get to downhearted about it. After all its only the 4th July. Plenty of summer left yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

So moving on!

What about this potential for later tonight / tomo in the SE?

I know it's a bit flimsy but I did lots of procedural 'learns' last night and I'm ready for another go!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's there FBFB; but, while things are quiet, I'll attempt to create a new thread. Bear with me!

New thread: https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83500-storm-convective-discussion-040715-onward-heat-plumes/

Edited by Ed Stone