Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

If you're a subscriber you can put the post code in dunno about free version. That way you should be able to see whats coming although as ever things come on and go in a few minutes.

Oh yeah i have the radar, just what it's saying is not in correlation of what i'm getting.  I'm sure it will pep up though looking at that intensity further north.

Posted

It now looks like our turn for some moderate snow ,,( fingers and toes crossed now)

amazingly the very eastern edge of snow almost reached the humber

Chez..shake the dust off your ruler

Edited by Derbyshire Snow

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
2 minutes ago, Mark Griffin said:

Oh yeah i have the radar, just what it's saying is not in correlation of what i'm getting.  I'm sure it will pep up though looking at that intensity further north.

Yeh I think the positioning is a bit suspect sometimes. Bit like the old gps used to have for walking.

Posted

Measured 3cm of snow, coming down nicely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.
Just now, The PIT said:

Yeh I think the positioning is a bit suspect sometimes. Bit like the old gps used to have for walking.

Yeah id guess the radar is about 3 or 4 miles out as that would put us just out of the snow line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

looks like a good while of snowfall yet to come doesnt it, still ppn up in Scotland to come down. Its all on a perfect track for us. Keeps back building. Lets see how deep it can get!

Leeds guys doing well atm, been heavy around there for a while. Where are all the pics?? :p

Defo getting heavier now, the lights from accross the valley are dissapearing :D

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Looking at the radar Harrogate has probably been the sweet spot. Very lucky for them as can't ever remember them being in the best spot.

Posted

People mentioning the Sheffield snow shield etc.... My word, the York snow shield must be some kind of magic force field. I have lived here for nearly 3 years and experienced two snow showers. I'm not sure of its the mountainous region to the West or the not many meters above sea level but snow does not want to come here.... 

Ok enough complaining, you can see the easterly track of the band is beginning to slow down, and slowly heading south while the western side of the precipitation is intensifying. From the look of things those west of Leeds and east of Manchester seem like they will do best. 

Posted
7 hours ago, snow*please said:

Great scenes here in Morley propa snow as come down in the last hour a good 4 or 5cm

Posted
7 minutes ago, Derbyshire Snow said:

It now looks like our turn for some moderate snow ,,( fingers and toes crossed now)

amazingly the very eastern edge of snow almost reached the humber

Chez..shake the dust off your ruler

Loads of precip still to our NW, good signs! 

Posted

Big flakes and getting heavier. Evaporation cooling is making it settle on low ground now 

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, snow*please said:

Great scenes here in Morley propa snow as come down in the last hour a good 4 or 5cm

20160116_195421.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Much lighter here for last 20 mins even though radar shows us under heavier area! Still looking ok for later though, and meto now exteneded snow from midnight to 1am for Barnsley.

Posted
7 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Loads of precip still to our NW, good signs! 

i am situated Hady, near chesterfield. snowing better now and settling . I still think this incoming precipitation will break up to some degree but hope to get a cm or two.

Looking good for a couple of hours though

Edited by Derbyshire Snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Light snow falling here,but it is really struggling to settle.Not getting my hopes up too much for tonight.

Posted

Good couple of cm's here now , I was a bit worried I wouldn't see snow as moved recently from North Leeds to just outside the Centre. The snow is falling pretty steady and no wind at all !

• Like 1

Posted

This talk of a Sheffield snow shield....Where did that come from?  Over the last few years we have done super well for  snow and I think many would call us a snow magnet.

I work across Yorkshire and many a times last year I would leave and return to a snowy Sheffield whilst many places just outside Sheffield would have little if any snow.

Even today, it was doubtful that we would get snow but looking out of the window in the lower eastern part of the city (where Im now visiting friends) the snow is coming down relatively heavy.  I live in the north of the city and expect more snow to be building on the ground there.

Sheffield is very lucky for all the snow it has had over the last few years, no shield here - you only have to ask those further east and west to know that.:)

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, farmans said:

This talk of a Sheffield snow shield....Where did that come from?  Over the last few years we have done super well for  snow and I think many would call us a snow magnet.

I work across Yorkshire and many a times last year I would leave and return to a snowy Sheffield whilst many places just outside Sheffield would have little if any snow.

Even today, it was doubtful that we would get snow but looking out of the window in the lower eastern part of the city (where Im now visiting friends) the snow is coming down relatively heavy.  I live in the north of the city and expect more snow to be building on the ground there.

Sheffield is very lucky for all the snow it has had over the last few years, no shield here - you only have to ask those further east and west to know that.:)

Totally agree , I've seen heavy snow in Sheffield when very little elsewhere 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, farmans said:

Agree you all deserve to miss the snow lol.

Usually it's a level playing field but for some reason last year it was typical for here to see 5-10cm while parts of Sheffield at the same elevation would see 20-30cm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

My area of Leeds currently. Moderate-heavy snow falling.

CY3f9G4WYAAkSQu.jpg large.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well done you lot! Robbed it off us but hope you enjoy it! Lol. Not cold at all here now compared to earlier. Back into the mild here in the SW portion of the country now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yeah Sheffield did well last year, 3 heavy falls really I can remember. Happy that the Leeds guys are getting some good stuff this time, defo looks heavier over there. Pics are good :)

We should all have a decent covering to enjoy tomorrow at least though by time its all gone through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Actually the snow shield is confused with the THunderstorm shield. There is no snow shield.