Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Wintry tone to the outlook from Friday onwards, suspect fairly modest levels will see some wet snow at times before the month is out, with higher ground seeing some fairly decent new snow cover. Nothing unusual for late April, the rate of temp reduction as height is gained is at its greatest at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Perhaps a last gasp of Winter in the next week or so.

Although why anyone would wish for cold and wet,I don't know.

But definitely something here that would concern the gardeners .

AND HC Id consider protecting those plums

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ok, cheers, I think that's usually Big Innes' line at this time of year...  I'll have to do something cos the plums and damsons are enjoyed by all - there'd be trouble at t'mill if they failed due to my oversight again.

• Like 1

Ok, cheers, I think that's usually Big Innes' line at this time of year...  I'll have to do something cos the plums and damsons are enjoyed by all - there'd be trouble at t'mill if they failed due to my oversight again.

Do your plums not get damaged by frost or have you been frost free recently? We've had quite a few early morning frosts here recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Do your plums not get damaged by frost or have you been frost free recently? We've had quite a few early morning frosts here recently.

We've not had frost for a few weeks now - we're only about 100m from the sea... A mile inland and it's a different story.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

You'd need to knock a couple of º off that reading, perhaps down to 51ºC before you phone the Met-O and claim the Scottish record? :D

The GFS is going for snow in the north on Saturday, snow in the south on Sunday. Not sure how low it will fall, but it looks ok for some low level snow in the north at least. It's going to be a shock to the system after what's ahead in the next few days. Max temps for parts of the north struggling to get past 1ºC on Saturday!!

Quite...

It was a rather warm day.

If this late Bakst actually delivers something memorable then that's ok but 3c, very wet, no more than a little sleet and very windy as dark is not my idea of good weather.

Today is glorious thus far. Should beat the 20.1c of a couple days ago

We've not had frost for a few weeks now - we're only about 100m from the sea... A mile inland and it's a different story.

Aye, true. I'm 20 miles from the sea in a frost hollow (old river bed of the Tweed). Had to scrape the car yet again this morning. Glorious day again here, shame I'm working a late shift today (2-10) as I'll miss the proper warmth :(

Quite...

It was a rather warm day.

If this late Bakst actually delivers something memorable then that's ok but 3c, very wet, no more than a little sleet and very windy as dark is not my idea of good weather.

Today is glorious thus far. Should beat the 20.1c of a couple days ago

It does get to a point where you can do without the prospect of sleet, and that point was reached a week or two ago!!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Aye HC The auld plums gag eh!

Didnea realise that yer damnsons were problematic though!

Boys will be Boys HC

Oops!

(fekin wee smiley thing that ah cannae get noo fur some reason?)

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

No air frosts here this month at all though a few close things. Inland at my brother's in Highland Perthshire today was the 15th air frost.

Some warmth here today in the sunshine with no Easterly influence.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

If it does snow as forecast in some days of May. I will have had falling snow in every month since December 2014. So that will be 6 months where snow has fallen from the sky.

Late snow is really interesting. Just shows how fragile our weather can be at times.

Just want the Glencoe ski centre to get buried again on Saturday/Sunday. They were just hanging onto the poma uptrack. :D

Posted

Looking like another dawn to dusk sunny day. Really feels pretty warm out there. Not going to last much longer though........................

Posted

Magnificent day, really great. Only thing that would improve it is a smidgen warmer so you could have a BBQ, problem is in July today would be 30c and oppressive.

Anyway, dawn 'till dusk blue skies.

Max of 20.6c which felt warm even in the shade, that lovely cool feel in the shade, the air's warmth changing a you walk along as the shadows start to get longer.

Cooing quickly off now though at 16.4c

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

What another cracker of a day, even got most of my garden mowed. Eldest will have to finish the morn as off back south again.

Got 22C on the car at about 5pm tonight, and still pleasant now. Moon looking stunning in the clear blue dusk sky..

post-2849-0-05177700-1429648663_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-72732900-1429648714_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Surprised by the lack of activity in here... Cloudier and cooler further North?

Perfect start to the day, totally clear skies. Already up to 12.8c which is up on yesterday.

Shorts and t-short weather in the sun already, going to be a warm one.

21/22c looks more than possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

21'C here which s hot for April!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

BBQ time here.

Eh, Cheese Burger,Onions & Relish fur me then HC!

Big Innes

• Like 1

Posted

BBQ time here.

22'C in Muir of Ord already I see!

Posted

22'C here now, in the garden loving life!

Posted

Two nights now without frost and the spring barley has jumped out of the ground .What a fright it will get next week currently 18c and sunny

Normally this coming weekend I try to sow out the garden but like HC willl sow anything in pots in the house that I can and will leave outside sowing for another week .Our new and old plums are flowering, looks as though they are in for the chop too but the apples are still dormant with no real bud burst.

• Like 2

Posted

The Etape Loch Ness cycle event on Sunday could be rather interesting for the weather given the crack of dawn start from Inverness it could well be freezing or close to it at all levels with inland and higher parts of the route (gets up to around 1300ft I think) sub-zero with potentially fairly heavy snow in some locations! It does have an air of an even more extreme version of late April and most of May 2012 about it in the models, and that brought day after day of snow to CairnGorm Mountain through late April and the first 3 weeks of May!! 

• Like 2

Posted

The Etape Loch Ness cycle event on Sunday could be rather interesting for the weather given the crack of dawn start from Inverness it could well be freezing or close to it at all levels with inland and higher parts of the route (gets up to around 1300ft I think) sub-zero with potentially fairly heavy snow in some locations! It does have an air of an even more extreme version of late April and most of May 2012 about it in the models, and that brought day after day of snow to CairnGorm Mountain through late April and the first 3 weeks of May!!

Certainly looks interesting Skifreak!

23'C here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Ah hell I wish I hadn't seen the forecast for the weekend. Another cold spring will finish me off, nevermind my bloody plants.

• Like 1

Posted

Maxed out at 21.7c

Glorious day from start to finish. Tomorrow looks the same... Then I think we'd better just hide