Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Madrid

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm going on a stag do this weekend to Madrid. I've never been to any other part of Spain than the Costa Blanca in my life. It's been around 4 years since I last went to Mainland Europe too, instead choosing other parts of the globe to holiday instead.

Part of the plan is to visit the Bernabeu Stadium on some sort of tour as well as watch Atletico Madrid v Getafe.

I'm staying in the IBIS hotel.

I've done a little "googling" but not come up with anything too informative as of yet to the following;

What is shopping like in Madrid? Is it Mall type features similar to say the Trafford Centre and Bluewater or is it more market type shopping?

How expensive is Madrid? With the football all paid for in advance all I need money for is food, drink and shopping. How much would a pint of lager cost? What about an average, informal meal like paella or tapas? Would 200€ be sufficient?

What's public transport like in Madrid? I've found prices for the metro etc so not bothered about price, more so is it easy to get lost or is it easy to navigate?

We have a free day on Monday before a late flight back to Gatwick on Monday night. What else would you do on a free day in Madrid? Any must see attractions or places of interest you would recommend?

Look forward to hearing anyones thoughts, especially anyone who may have been recently.

Edited by AWD