Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted

It does seem that we've had a "reverse winter" type scenario with the models. They reached a low point yesterday & have gradually improved today, to show something rather less unpleasant. Let's hope that like many a phantom Easterly & Northerly, they will disappear completely, we certainly deserve something a little warmer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Has anyone noticed that the temperature charts posted by Frosty remain at the same time frame, but never actually materialise? :pardon: I'm sure one of them will actually come to fruition eventually.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A 3rd or 4th absolutely beautiful morning here in a row. Barely a cloud in the sky, went for a morning jog and popped into town to grab a few things. Off into the garden with a drink now. Perfect - another 3 months of exactly this please. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Shorts and tshirt in mid teens and force 5 winds. Must be tough folk over there in staffordshire.

It's beautiful in the sun. Perhaps conditions differ massively there, but 18c is perfect summer weather for me. Can do everything you want and still be able to sleep at night and move without humidity etc. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Any further posts other than what this thread is intended for will be moved. There is a Summer thread open for general chat. Please continue with Model Based Banter/Hopes here on in.

Thanks.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The models are finally starting to realise its summer and are showing up something more resembling the time of year, not the hideous cold rubbish that was going to occur at the weekend but thankfully has been removed. A push of warm and humid air from the SE to end the week then a pressure rise from the SW. Sounds much better :D

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The models are finally starting to realise its summer and are showing up something more resembling the time of year, not the hideous cold rubbish that was going to occur at the weekend but thankfully has been removed. A push of warm and humid air from the SE to end the week then a pressure rise from the SW. Sounds much better :D

it does sound better yes, wasnt liking a northerly, with snow on Scottish mountains

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Finally things upgrading in our favour for a change it seems. Noticeable also because the mod thread has become devoid of a certain lot... :lol:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Finally things upgrading in our favour for a change it seems. Noticeable also because the mod thread has become devoid of a certain lot... :lol:

ay, no members posting in there about northerlies!

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Gorgeous amazing weather at the weekend, couldn't have asked for better, ashamed to say I am sunburnt. Oops. Now,  is it an odd thing to see windy weather around a UK high pressure system, and is it odd to see stormy humid weather approaching from the North East? It seems odd to me, be nice, I am still learning. The improvement in the charts makes me very excited indeed, it looks like next week could be seriously warm, yay!

post-22381-0-57716100-1433785415_thumb.p

Edited by Woollymummy
  • Like 1

Posted

And just as the models back away from anything cooler at the weekend, the local BBC North West weather here suggests that it will be 'cooler and fresher' at the weekend in these parts with rain moving in! I'm sorry but I don't think it's possible for it to be any 'fresher' than it already is in June. Their forecasts are desperately poor at times- I expect them to change this very quickly now!

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

well i hope everyone is a little happier in here now that the charts are looking better. Some nice days to come I think, and week 2 continuing to show high pressure in charge and temps on the rise. Should be looking at high teens to low twenties in most places which will be perfect :)

Its been a mostly moaning thread for quite a while now but if things continue to look better lets hope it moves more towards summer ramps instead :)

• Like 2

Posted

The welcome thing about the ECM output tonight is that it keeps the HP to the west and ridging north so a nice refreshing drift from the North or North-East is going to keep humidity well down.

The last thing we need is that horrible hot air to come up from the south - let's keep it settled and pleasant and comfortable for all and tonight's charts show that.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Good to see the GFS keeping low pressure out west on this run. Nice and refreshing southerly winds being shown for my area on Friday, very welcome indeed. The last thing we need are those pesky cold northerlies ruining our summer yet again. Let's keep things nice and warm with some nice humid air so that I can actually go outside without freezing to death  :)

h850t850eu.png

Edited by Derp Patrol
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The welcome thing about the ECM output tonight is that it keeps the HP to the west and ridging north so a nice refreshing drift from the North or North-East is going to keep humidity well down.

The last thing we need is that horrible hot air to come up from the south - let's keep it settled and pleasant and comfortable for all and tonight's charts show that.

Excellent because everyone likes solid cloud between the hours of 9am and 6pm like today  :rofl:

Looking forward to the albeit brief spell of very warm and thundery weather, worth noting that there has been just one day in the last several weeks that could be classified as very warm, of course north of the Midlands the value is zero.

Next week looks settled but frankly we are struggling to get 4 days out correct so that will likely change.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The GFS brings us some of the 'horrible hot air' with the added bonus of thunderstorms, great stuff. Anything is better than these vile northerlies, which today have brought grey skies, a chilly wind and 15C. How anyone 'enjoys' that in June is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

we?.... sorry sir you do not speak for many of us on here who like hot humid weather!

summer cant win can it?.... youve either got people who seemingly delight in highlighting cherry picked cool/cold charts and saying 'wheres the promised heat'?, or others moaning about any heat and humidity!

Edited by mushymanrob
  • Like 5

Posted

I think there is a very strong case to be made for a separate thread entitled, A glass half empty. This could cater specifically for the myopic viewpoint.

• Like 2

Posted

I can fill my glass again... :) ....just been informed it will not matter if the basement floods - all the water will disappear down the eighteen holes that have been drilled but await filling with concrete.

I'm sure the machines are breeding, mummy is out front ....a big push to get the work complete before the weather turns.

post-22418-0-79858300-1433855497_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

14C currently with a near gale force cold NE wind and grey skies. Under high pressure in June! Almost comical.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

14C currently with a near gale force cold NE wind and grey skies. Under high pressure in June! Almost comical.

indeed, today has turned out poorer then i suggested it might, more cloud, more wind, lower tems.

but at least its dry!

Posted

quite sunny here at times early on and this afternoon, T Max=17.9C so a touch below average and a breeze with lowish dewpoints. Better than Friday into late Saturday looks on the 12z run. I certainly hope it has this wrong!

• Like 1