Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

clear as a bell here ..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Calm before the (hopefully) storm here.

Posted

well  shed,    14 fences ,wall ,painted  it can do what it like now  !!!   all what left is the garage   door  that can wait for the weekend  not bad for a week off on holiday  , now bring-on the thunderstorms!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The GFS 12z run is not as good as the charts I looked at this morning on the 00z run. Lifted Index has dropped from -6 to -4 and the rainfall charts from GFS and Euro4 suggest the most interesting weather develops out in the North Sea. :(

Here's hoping this is too pessimistic, but at least the Euro4 is suggesting 20+mm (3/4+ inch) of rain for parts of East Anglia tomorrow, so some interesting weather to come (hopefully!!). :clapping:

Posted

From Hi Res NMM.

CAPE / LI and TT Index at 6 AM tomorrow.

attachicon.gifCAPE.6.pngattachicon.gifCAPE6.png

CAPE / LI and TT Index at Midday (slightly IMBY) but showing the progression of the plume and the potential severity of the storms.

attachicon.gifCAPE.pngattachicon.gifTT.png

Thats looking good then atm.

Posted

Got some showers forming in the channel don't know if there electrified anyone on the coast see anything

Posted

Got some showers forming in the channel don't know if there electrified anyone on the coast see anything

Starting to appear on the radar now.

20.00  post-20040-0-61377000-1433453203_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Hi folks, Increasingly humid 'ere I can tolerate it if it delivers the goods - there are ingredients in place to result in quite some severe storms/t'storms overnight

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Just been out in the garden with the dogs and noticed the seagulls have started to make a racket so I'm guessing something will be heading this way shortly. I've not seen any radar pics so I could be wrong.

Posted

The national weather forecast at 22.40 tonight suggesting the risk is highest to the very east of the Region. Confirms my concern (from latest GFS 12z and Euro4) that the more interesting weather will slip out into the North Sea. :(

post-20040-0-61543100-1433454729_thumb.j post-20040-0-00856500-1433454750_thumb.j post-20040-0-95578700-1433454769_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

18z huge upgrade.. Ignore BBC forecast

Yep, the local view of the model has broken so we can't see the output.  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The moon looks positively evil right now!
Also if anyone want5s to pass the time try this out its a funny little community game that you play agaisnt others. You have to consume the other players.

http://Agar.io

Posted

My dad just told me the aviation forecast is storms in Southend 2-6am (I think). Heathrow is 9-1pm.

I am currently roughly halfway between and hoping storms if any arrive after 7am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Thats looking good then atm.

Certainly looked good then... But it has to be said that the 12z run downgraded the intensity and shifted things east. Still showing good potential for the east, much as Blessed Weather's BBC screen captures.

Getting near to radar time only now though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I'm caught between two sides tonight .from a personal point of view I want to see and hear lots of thunder and lightning tonight and tmrw . But my 3 year old has become absolutely terrified of it since storms last year and used to have sleepless nights for a couple of months after. This faded away . However the squall about 10 days ago maybe sooner produced a massive strike here and her fears are only again just been easing.

I'm not sure what to do tonight but I might just show her through the windows and try to explain as comforting her without sight would keep mystery and mind wondering . What do you think any tips ??

Posted

I'm caught between two sides tonight .from a personal point of view I want to see and hear lots of thunder and lightning tonight and tmrw . But my 3 year old has become absolutely terrified of it since storms last year and used to have sleepless nights for a couple of months after. This faded away . However the squall about 10 days ago maybe sooner produced a massive strike here and her fears are only again just been easing.

I'm not sure what to do tonight but I might just show her through the windows and try to explain as comforting her without sight would keep mystery and mind wondering . What do you think any tips ??

Overhead headphones playing calming music and gloves. I still use that to this day to calm me down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Overhead headphones playing calming music and gloves. I still use that to this day to calm me down.

Thanks . I only have i phone earphones but she may except them if worried but you have given me an idea with a small cd radio player I have with nursery ryhmes etc . I never thought of that so :-)

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Lightning near Channel Islands...

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks . I only have i phone earphones but she may except them if worried but you have given me an idea with a small cd radio player I have with nursery ryhmes etc . I never thought of that so :-)

No problem I had a serious phobia of storms until I was about 14/15, I can still remember to this day my father putting headphones on me during storms, it also helped me as when I was ready to take them off my dad was there for me. Sometimes I still get worried about storms, I have a condition called Alopecia areata when I get nervous clumps of my hair fall out and I still have a bald patch from my parents leaving me in charge of their house whilst on holiday and there were storms during the night, the first time I had ever faced a storm alone.