Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Oh well, even if it doesn't thunder, I still have memories of July 2014 when their was that massive storm in the night (anyone else remember it?). Lightning struck a tree just down the road from me ; the thunder literally shook the ground and the windows shook with the force!!  :clap:  :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

July 17th I think, didn't get an ounce of sleep and almost had several heart attacks!

Posted

July 17th I think, didn't get an ounce of sleep and almost had several heart attacks!

Brace yourself for tonight's episode!

Been looking at sat and electrically charged mass is heading towards us albeit slowly.

Subject to change - the weather is a fickle beast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hopefully those storms in the Bay of Biscay we keep going and hit here overnight, looks wet for certain though.

Looks fairly unsettled and windy at times for the rest of this week. The models do suggest an improvement during the second half of the coming weekend and potentially a warm up by then as very warm air pushes up from Iberia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Torrential rain here now, unfortunately no thunder to be heard, none of that made it across the channel overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Indeed. Certainly some warmer weather showing on this morning's GFS run with the Southerly flow it's showing for both Monday and Tuesday:

post-10703-0-07395300-1430806190_thumb.jpost-10703-0-07965800-1430806236_thumb.jpost-10703-0-40364900-1430806324_thumb.jpost-10703-0-28794800-1430806388_thumb.j

With this possibility being still a few days away, not really worth putting too much faith into it for now. Bit still great to see anyway. :)

Currently feeling mild with the temperature around 14.8*C. Also cloudy, with a few odd brighter patches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The overnight rain band didn't produce any thunder here (unless I slept through it) and the rainfall total a rather average 6.9mm. So a bit of a non-event in IMBY.

It's bright with sunny spells now at 8 o'clock and 14.8C.

Apart from the potential for some heavy showers later, I think the interest over the next day or two will be the strength of the wind. An average of 40+ mph looks widespread across Southern Britain.

Edit: My apologies, rushing this morning - the sentence above should read gusts of 40+ mph, not average.

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

No thunder but it certainly chucked it down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Don't know why people were expecting thunder last night, the risk was minimal at best. It all got over hyped and frightened Thunderbuddy 21 for no reason. :( The decent posters in the Storm/Convection thread did mention that it was all minimal risk at best. I guess it is the same with snow, sleet= snow and snow=blizzards and cold=1963 on net weather. :doh: I know the fun is in the chase, but there has to be something to chase that isn't just a shadow, otherwise everyone ends up bitterly disappointed :cray: Blowing a gale out there :shok: There is a chance of showers later and they could be thundery, especially out to the west. :help::ninja::p

• Like 2

Posted

Decent enough day now. Sunny spells and temperatures up to 16C.

Certainly blowy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

had a heavy shower about 8:30 this morning, been dry all day since but very windy for may. A high of 13.7. Highest wind gust 66mph.

No thunder last night which is a shame, the shower were certainly heavy enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well, I was totally gutted that I was right about Bedford not getting anything interesting. I was on the edge of the last storm and not a peep from it. 10 months and no thunder.  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Has been dry today with varying  cloud, but... 

That wind is mental

... the wind is very gusty today!! Even when their are no showers near, the wind is really squally and gusty!!! Will there be any chance for the odd rumble of thunder or something more significant in the south tomorrow?

Has been dry today with varying  cloud, but... 

... the wind is very gusty today!! Even when their are no showers near, the wind is really squally and gusty!!! Will there be any chance for the odd rumble of thunder or something more significant in the south tomorrow?

Some actual interest over night and something I am keeping a close eye on not so much thunder but enhancing the current wind gusts as these showers will be moving at such a rate and mixing in the air up as they travel East north east.

The met mention it as showers into the evening period

The high res models pick up some showers very intense trains setting up somewhere between Cornwall and say io

W.

Pushing north and east over the region Over night.

Will pull up charts in a sec as on mobile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wheelie Bin Arrows are putting on a free show here.

• Like 1

Posted

Is it November already?

stained glass windowin weather.

Ripped my sex swing cover, blown the trampoline cover off, felt off the shed and top off the bin.

Tsk.

Posted

Feels reminiscent of Autumn, not feeling very summery with this bout of unseasonal weather.

Saying that having viewed ECMWF 12z it may get rather hot early next week might get close to 30.0*C as we receive long drawn southerlies and with so a very plume like air mass surges towards the UK mainland.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Are we expecting any more wind tonight guys?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Are we expecting any more wind tonight guys?

What a racket, the howling wind and driving rain hitting the windows, woke me up. :lazy:  It's like winter again. :shok:  I can safely say that we are expecting more wind tonight :D  and for the rest of today, with some heavy showers continuing too. :bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Woke up to a torrential downpour that stopped and then started again it made me jump how quickly it just started up again, hail stones the lot, and my other half is off the work on a roof!