IGNORED

V4 Radar Issues

dallas

Posted

Hi,

It's about 30 mins behind and jumping about in animation,

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the new v6 is all over the place as well

Posted

Cheers Paul

Edited by dallas

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Same with V6, the time keeps changing on it.

Posted

We had a data outage overnight and it's been catching up this morning, should be back to normal now though. Apologies for the problem...

Edit - there does appear to be a problem with the v4 radar zoom, we're on it now.

Posted

Why is it when there is a radar outage as happened overnight that the slides for the 'out time' revert back to those from 24 hours earlier?

To explain what I mean, if you go back to 06.55 today it shows yesterday at that time but then by 07.05 it is today's which was presumably after the issue got mended.

Posted

Morning Andy, it's the way the system has traditionally run - it'll display the latest data in a timeslot, so if that's yesterday's then it'll continue to show until the current data replaces it. If all the data comes in the right order then it's not an issue, but obviously when there's a gap in the data then it shows.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Should have reported this earlier really, but have noticed a little problem with the way the Netweather radar displays precipitation in some Southern and Western areas of the Midlands. 

Have used some screen grabs of today's precipitation radar returns as an example (using the Postcode Zoom feature from version 4 of the radar) to highlight the problem. Might not be too easy to notice at first, but in the areas circled in black in the images below, you'll probably notice how the appearance and resolution of the precipitation doesn't look quite right - seems a bit bulgy and stretched in places. This highlighted particularly well in the third image where the resolution of the precipitation looks rough with oddly defined edges, and not quite like how it should be in the area of precipitation to the North of that circle. Not sure whether it's a data supply problem or anything, but is something that seems to have occurred for a little while and seems to affect those parts of the Midlands in particular. It's not a huge issue and I could live with it (mostly, it does correctly show where the precipitation is falling), though thought it was still worth mentioning just in case if it's possible to sort.

post-10703-0-90253700-1430170719_thumb.ppost-10703-0-04215100-1430170722_thumb.ppost-10703-0-87917200-1430170722_thumb.ppost-10703-0-91294100-1430170720_thumb.p

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

I think I can see what you're talking about Alex, have you checked the v6 radar at the same time to see if the same issue is on there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I think I can see what you're talking about Alex, have you checked the v6 radar at the same time to see if the same issue is on there?

Yep. Same thing seems to happen with that version, too. 

post-10703-0-74091100-1430226003_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The v4 radar was only showing quarter of an image last night, this has been happing a lot. Friday & Saturday night, I put it down to poor WiFi while I was out, but again last night on laptop, tablet and phone, it wouldn't render the full image. The v6 radar just showed a transparent red overlay.

Forgot that i took a screenshot:

Cannot upload the image, as it just comes out black. I right clicked to save image from the webpage originally.

post-15177-0-03459700-1430304846_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

I think there was a short data outage last night Mapantz, which caught up soon afterwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Radar site is completely down tonight. These problems seem to keep occuring around the same time.