Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

GEM suggests 2-3 inches of snow for some areas of the SE over the next 96hrs according to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/WXRISKCOM/status/561989752610914305

Problem is though it has some snow for places really far West, that in itself suggests to me It cant be reliable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This winter hasn't really been any better than last winter, in fact I'd say it's been worse.

Last winter we had some awesome storm systems moving through, this winter has seen very few wind storms and hardly any real cold. It's been a pretty quiet, boring winter. I may have seen about 10 minutes more snow than I saw last winter, but I'm still yet to see anything remotely close to settling. This coming week *may* offer that but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

Roll on spring/summer as far as I'm concerned, this winter can go down and being one of the most boring in history. Yuck.

Posted

Looking through the outputs tonight, if we are offered a decent snowfall this week, I'd bank it and run away before the offer is withdrawn.

Gotta be honest I just can't see it myself, although the weather has a habit of proving everyone wrong :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Thursday

post-17424-0-80967300-1422826011_thumb.p

Moderate east to north east wind

No troughs present, but the UKMO is quite similar to the GFS, the GFS showed quite a rash of snow showers pushing into the east, so maybe the chance of the something similar.

Temperatures - 1-4C

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I must admit it's been frustrating re snow, but I have loved this winter, it has had some winter weather in it including snow it just hasn't settled or turned to rain. Much better than last winters rain rain rain, wind, wind, wind.

Posted

Thursday

attachicon.gif01-96h.PNG

Moderate east to north east wind

No troughs present, but the UKMO is quite similar to the GFS, the GFS showed quite a rash of snow showers pushing into the east, so maybe the chance of the something similar.

Temperatures - 1-4C

It's the temperature part of the equation that I suspect will remain the problem this week. Watching the week ahead forcast there is something wrong when they talk of disruptive snow and temps of 5c by day. Even allowing for the fact that's city centre temps, that sure isn't supportive of disruptive snow. It could snow, yes, but as for settling, that's a completely different ball game. Edited by Jason M

Posted

Clutching straws but all we need ids the high to move 150 miles further north rather than slap on top and the latter half of this week might be of interest

Today's 12z were as rubbish as rubbish can be wrt snowy episode for Us in SE , but still another couple of days for the upstream pattern to change a bit

Posted

Daniel*, can I ask what has happened to the footnote suggested by the asterisk on your name?  What did it say and why couldn't you include it originally?  

I'm going to edit my name in the same way, as I think it's dead cool.  

Yours, Abruzzi Spur*

*posting somewhere else these days

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

See we are still saying model output is rubbish/poor/substandard not because it is wrong, but because it is not giving what we want.

Forecasting is about planning, you cannot change the weather.

Forecast today was for it to be dry but cold in the wind here, so I wrapped up warm and took a walk to see some friends and then my family for a meal, model output/forecast was right though.  No snow but still had a good day out with friends and family.

Posted

just looked outside, looks like rainy snowflakes falling here but not fast, white on cars but may only be frost as it seems to have got really cold here in the last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

When I see this as shown on the Met Office app for Wednesday this week, I feel like giving up. I don't think I can take another "wintry mix"!

post-4908-0-29873600-1422827662_thumb.pn

Thought everything was supposed to be snow by midweek?

Posted

The 6c will be for central london mid afternoon...... more likely to be 3-4 outside of London

Yes - it's the temp in the heart of town at the very warmest part of the day. Can be a misleading at times. Still, nothing to write home about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

100% clear here. Gonna be a frosty / icy one tonight. Better set the alarm 10 mins early for the rat race tomorrow. Suspect I'll be scraping the car in the morning...

Posted

Daniel*, can I ask what has happened to the footnote suggested by the asterisk on your name?  What did it say and why couldn't you include it originally?  

I'm going to edit my name in the same way, as I think it'd dead cool.  

Yours, Abruzzi Spur*

*posting somewhere else these days

Hi there stranger! It resembles a snowflake nothing significant about it. There's nothing to delve into? my original name involved numbers, fascinating isn't it? good for you AS. :hi:

Rather perplexed to be truthful. I'm glad you have found happiness elsewhere. You are missed if you didn't know, it's a shame. I know where you've gone, I watch yall sometimes ;-) take care.

Posted

All ready warnings on met site for Wednesday for us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

On the MO site I have the two snowflake symbol for Thursday. First time I've seen that this winter. I've no doubt they'll be gone by tomorrow morning but nice to see anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Friday

post-17424-0-58936200-1422828943_thumb.p

Moderate to fresh east/north easterly wind

Big uncertainty here as this looks more positive in maintaining a cold flow across the south east. Generally less showers on this day though.

Temperatures - 2-5C

BTW the 18z GFS cuts off the cold flow pretty quickly, though maybe we still have a chance of some snow showers.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

This winter is like your last 50 p in the fruit machine

You know you might win the jackpot but you will settle for cherries just to get you in the feature

Lol

This winter is like your last 50 p in the fruit machine

You know you might win the jackpot but you will settle for cherries just to get you in the feature

Lol

But deep down your preying for the cherries.

Friday

attachicon.gif01-120h.PNG

Moderate to fresh east/north easterly wind

Big uncertainty here as this looks more positive in maintaining a cold flow across the south east. Generally less showers on this day though.

Temperatures - 2-5C

BTW the 18z GFS cuts off the cold flow pretty quickly, though maybe we still have a chance of some snow showers.

bad ingredients makes a crap meal

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Just driven back from Norwich and as I got to within 5 miles of the coast there was a covering of Snow road included! Gutted I missed it falling but it looks beautiful near Gt Yarmouth. Roads are very slippy. Now going to check the radar.

Edited by Mr.Plow

Posted

Looks like it was just a stray shower. Still the best accumulation for here in 2 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

When I see this as shown on the Met Office app for Wednesday this week, I feel like giving up. I don't think I can take another "wintry mix"!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-01-21-52-30.png

Thought everything was supposed to be snow by midweek?

NFI another wintry mix lol

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

:yahoo:

post-7255-0-97749500-1422830968_thumb.jp