Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

I will book us all I work for Thomas Cook :cold:

30-40 inches expected in New York...how much discount can we get lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Honestly I would love to go to NY just to see the snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Flicking around the news channels, just caught the weather on Al Jazeera. 89 cm of snow on the ground in Sapporo, Japan, and the guy doing the forecast called that "proper weather". Yep, that's right... it was Rob McElwee! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Yep and I bet they aint worried about 850's or Dew points...lol I should doubt they give a monkeys about elevation either...

Posted

Flicking around the news channels, just caught the weather on Al Jazeera. 89 cm of snow on the ground in Sapporo, Japan, and the guy doing the forecast called that "proper weather". Yep, that's right... it was Rob McElwee! :D

*Googles Sapporo, Japan*

Finds this: "Summers are generally warm but not humid, and winters are cold and very snowy. With an average snowfall of 5.96 m (19 ft 7 in),"

Sweet Jesus! and so today I learnt that I am emigrating to Sapporo :yahoo: 

• Like 2

Posted

Anyone got a web address for a NYC weather forum...would love a look (jealous much) going to go search twitter now lol

inches???

According to radio news headlines at 10

*Googles Sapporo, Japan*

Finds this: "Summers are generally warm but not humid, and winters are cold and very snowy. With an average snowfall of 5.96 m (19 ft 7 in),"

WOW! Edited by Snowsie

Posted

*Googles Sapporo, Japan*

Finds this: "Summers are generally warm but not humid, and winters are cold and very snowy. With an average snowfall of 5.96 m (19 ft 7 in),"

Im coming with you as are most of the members on this thread.... we could set up a camp in the hills :rofl:

Posted

Anyone got a web address for a NYC weather forum...would love a look (jealous much) going to go search twitter now lol

According to radio news headlines at 10

WOW!

Im coming with you as are most of the members on this thread.... we could set up a camp in the hills  :rofl:

Hehe, lets do it. 

Check out this vid of snow in Sapporo 

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Those mild sectors on Friday and Saturday are going to break some hearts.

I can see it now. A lot of disappointed people below 200m again!

Posted

Hehe, lets do it. 

Check out this vid of snow in Sapporo 

Wah Wah Wah that is just so not fair..... how dare they have that much Snow... im going to learn Japanese and get me a new passport....

What mild sectors??? we are all off to Japan they have 19ft of snow nothing marginal about it... and they don't give a rats willy about Dew points.. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yes, it does look mostly rain fri and sat, need a ukmo setup, GFS better in FI for next sun and mon

Posted

Come on Andy get with it, none of us are going to be here by Friday. As Bigsnow said, we're going to be in Japan :)

I don't care if it's 15c and 250mm of rain in Leicester :p

yes, it does look mostly rain fri and sat, need a ukmo setup, GFS better in FI for next sun and mon

UKMO seem to have been pretty accurate with their forecasts compared to what the GFS was coming out with lately. So perhaps the UKMO setup is more likely to be correct. Though I understand what the UKMO and GFS models are outputting is different to how accurate the MetO forecasts have been (though one would assume they base most of their forecasts off UKMO / UKV).

Also, i'm probably imagining it, but I think Ian F said the cold after next weekend will be more significant than Thurs/Fri
Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted

Well let's just see if we can make it 2 whole years where we don't have lying snow for more than 30 minutes?

I might even go an put a bet on it....won't lose then? :-D

• Like 1

Posted

Oops! I upgraded them...only 20 -30 inches expected (got a little too excited when hearing 10 o clock headlines and listened more carefully at 10.30)

Posted

Oops! I upgraded them...only 20 -30 inches expected (got a little too excited when hearing 10 o clock headlines and listened more carefully at 10.30)

oh know downgrades in New York.... on 2 foot of snow instead of 3 foot.... oh how my heart bleeds for them....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Well let's just see if we can make it 2 whole years where we don't have lying snow for more than 30 minutes?

I might even go an put a bet on it....won't lose then? :-D

If that's true I'm amazed. I live in Hartshill and we had lying snow from this Boxing Day until New Years Eve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

In the words of Frazer from Dad's Army... WE'RE DOOMED! AYE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm going for Thursday as the Day Most Likely To for us. Shouldn't be any problem with the 850s or dewpoints, and it looks likely there'll be a front pushing south across us at some point after the northerly is established. Might not bring us huge amounts, but if we're lucky we could get a few cm from showers. :)

• Like 2

Posted

I'm going for Thursday as the Day Most Likely To for us. Shouldn't be any problem with the 850s or dewpoints, and it looks likely there'll be a front pushing south across us at some point after the northerly is established. Might not bring us huge amounts, but if we're lucky we could get a few cm from showers. :)

Mean while us lot in Japan will soon enough be moaning about the cold and the wrong type of snow...lol :rofl:  but seriously I think that is probably not far off the outcome... a few cm is better than nothing tho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

There are two fronts and troughs appearing all over the place. And the wind direction and source is completely different from last week dragging in air from the artic. So less of a marginal setup taking place the first front is on wed nite into thurs uppers look ok. The second front is friday into sat that could be a touch marginal but at the moment looks like snow. Feeling much more positive about this one coming off.

Posted

While this event does look less marginal there doesn't seem to be much in the way of significant PPN. At least no large bands, there are none modelled *yet* anyway. Perhaps some will crop up closer to the time (hopefully). I guess it will be a very localised event where some do really well off showers while others see nothing. Still a lot to play for though, will be looking at the model runs every day thats for sure. 

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

*Googles Sapporo, Japan*

My wife is Japanese but no way would she let me live where there is that much snow! She is from Tokyo where they get even less snow than Brum :)

Edited by TonyH

Posted

If that's true I'm amazed. I live in Hartshill and we had lying snow from this Boxing Day until New Years Eve

Your altitude helped it was extremely marginal south of Leicester..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Mild sectors or -2 -3 -4 850's....we are talking 5 to 6 days away yet! come on folks this isn't the Mod thread Grrr :aggressive:

Anyway Dew Points always on the negative side and I've know it snow when uppers have been as low as -2 .... Days away yet, ATM we are going in the right direction :D