Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

New Midlands weather chat thread fresh from the Netweather oven. :)

Remember to...

> Keep this thread friendly 

> And don't be naughty

Failure to abide by these rules could result you getting sent to the naughty corner.  :spiteful:

There certainly does seem to be some rather exciting weather coming up with next week's possibly cold plunge from the North or North-West. And perhaps even some snow too. :cold:

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

*fastens seatbelt for another bumpy ride*

I know one thing for sure... This time next week, we will either be saying how great the cold spell is/was, or we will be flocking to nearby pharmacies to buy some prozac! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Regarding next weeks wintry excitement DRL Nina Ridge on the 'weather for the Week ahead',

Nina mentioned a very cold second half of the week with plenty of cold fronts incoming from the NW

So it seems not just showers but more organized snowfall will hit us across the Midlands

but at the end of the forecast she did mention keep an eye on the detail.... OF COURSE  Nina :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: .

A very interesting, Cold & Snowy week a head forks :cold: :cold: :cold:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted

Regarding next weeks wintry excitement DRL Nina Ridge on the 'weather for the Week ahead',

Nina mentioned a very cold second half of the week with plenty of cold fronts incoming from the NW

So it seems not just showers but more organized snowfall will hit us across the Midlands

but at the end of the forecast she did mention keep an eye on the detail.... OF COURSE  Nina :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: .

dont curse us DWW, let's get the cold in first before looking at ppn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

really like your enthusiasm! 'Frosty' hope so and hope GFS is wrong and UKMO right

• Like 2

Posted

I know one thing for sure... This time next week, we will either be saying how great the cold spell is/was, or we will be flocking to nearby pharmacies to buy some prozac! :D

Fingers crossed it's the former. The idea of going up to the chemist in the rain wouldn't be thrilling at all (lol). :)

Definitely quite possible with some likely troughs getting into the mix at times. Hopefully won't see too much in the way of those mild sectors. Would hate for the snow to become no match for any possible rain, but some good news nonetheless. Perhaps this could be the cold spell/snap to bust up every cold fans' snow shields in here, especially those where snow has been non-existent. :):cold:

• Like 2

Posted

0r I will be swimming to the town centre, due to all the rain I could get

• Like 1

Posted

really like your enthusiasm! 'Frosty' hope so and hope GFS is wrong and UKMO right

They'll be all singing from the same hymnbook within the next 48hrs........ S :cold: N :cold: O :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

He all i am a newbie. my husbands been following netweather for 4 years alought hes never signed up to it . He now as me hooked.great work all !!!

• Like 3

Posted

Welcome 'snowcatcher2015' lets hope your name give us all hope and we'll all catch some snow this week.... :D

Please could you put your Location in your avatar so when your posting it's SNOWING :yahoo: we know where you are :hi:

PS, Because you've built up the courage to make your first of many posts....  At least we know now who wears the (              ) in your house then :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

Hey and thanks lol im not sure my location as worked lets hope so . And i thought all women wore the trousers lol

Posted

Hey and thanks lol im not sure my location as worked lets hope so . And i thought all women wore the trousers lol

WELL Emmm!!!  I just let my wife think that she does... You know keep the peace and all that :whistling:

Anyway moving on >>>>  :laugh: 

Posted

Welcome to new members. Enjoy your stay here on Netweather!

@snowcatcher2015: Your location seems to be showing up fine. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Welcome to new members. Enjoy your stay here on Netweather!

@snowcatcher2015: Your location seems to be showing up fine. :)

Shame really more peeps don't build up the courage to make their first post and to pop in now again  :)  here on the Midlands thread were nothing like the Model thread GRRR!!

Nice and friendly here, we just chat about the day to day on goings in the weather :gathering: and also any up and coming brill weather, like this weeks SNOW prospects.

So don't delay, come in and say HELLO!!!.... we are just like you you know.... Mad about the Weather :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Was just behind an old lady in the queue at the shops and she was telling the cashier about the snow forecast! Maybe I should have told her to come on here for all the inside info....maybe she is already one of us lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Oh this is so exciting!! Much less marginal than last week and with the prospect of proper epic snow.

Btw, what wouldn't I give for the forecast they have in nyc at the moment. 2 feet of snow anyone?!

Posted

No charts at the moment point to epic snow for our region. It annoys me that people mis read the charts then claim downgrades/ let downs when the events have passed- we might get a few snow showers in the short term this week. No sign of epic snow as things stand

Posted

No charts at the moment point to epic snow for our region. It annoys me that people mis read the charts then claim downgrades/ let downs when the events have passed- we might get a few snow showers in the short term this week. No sign of epic snow as things stand

...but we can hope and dream â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

• Like 1

Posted

You can certainly hope and dream but don't start claiming massive downgrades/ let downs/ unfairness when it doesn't happen (or most likely doesn't happen on this occasion)

Posted

That's snow! The build up....the let downs....it's all part of the fun!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Nah, it'll be cold enough. The fury of the North Pole is about to come tearing across the country, you know, scourging the UK with blizzards for weeks. (No, seriously, it is. It says so in the D***y E*****s. Not sure whether that phrase trips the swear filter, but I'm taking no chances! :p)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

I'm going to err on the side of caution for this one and keep quiet (and not get my hopes up)!  I have promised myself that I will refrain from ramping up the snow possibilities too!  Last week I had fellow teachers (and students) bursting into my classroom demanding an explanation as to why they didn't get a snow day!  

Posted

GFS still a pain with that low getting too far west on friday, UKMO way better with pattern further east, wonder if ECM will go with GFS (rain) or UKMO (snow)