Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2015

Posted

Slight problem with these charts: They seem to be a bit stuck in FI....

And so are the countless charts shown in the model forum over the last two weeks suggesting 20C temperatures and the Azores high being slap bang over us are just around the corner. We hit the dizzy heights of 17.5C earlier in the month and it has literally been downhill since then, in terms of temperatures.

The reliable has granted us typical March weather really, with arctic blasts just as much in FI as a taste of summer.

Edited by March Blizzard
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Had a bit of hail this morning but other than that its another decent day with plenty of sunshine and and short lived cloudy intervals currently 9.6c and feeling pleasant enough in the sunshine, I suspect though the showers will become more frequent during this afternoon

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Classic late march early april weather today,but this soft hail shower is heavier to normal,currently 3.3c with a covering of hail,slow moving showers today nice.

• Like 1

Posted

A fairly typical start to April looking at the beebs thoughts with April showers wettest in the north west and driest in the SE, still a risk of frost overnight where skies clear and winds fall light with daytime temps close to average

Untitleda4a8e.png

Posted

A lot more sunshine in the east today than was forecast that sunshine makes all the difference now despite the gusty wind we have made it into double figures for the 5th day in a row

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I wish these morning frosts would go away. Most annoying now that were well into Spring. Totally unecessary.

• Like 1

Posted

I wish these morning frosts would go away. Most annoying now that were well into Spring. Totally unecessary.

Frosts in March? Who'd have thought it?

It's all very normal, and a weather type I personally enjoy. Fresh, invigorating, bright and clean. Beats mild, cloudy murk all ends up.

Long may the morning frosts continue, especially if they are part of some big diurnal ranges. My idea of Spring heaven.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Its been quite a dry month so far with rain only falling a few times. Ground is very dry and quite dusty in places but that's the unused grit from the winter! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

You must be having a laugh or have a short memory.It is common to get groundfrosts in April here and even May and am sure there are plenty places similar for you Easties!!

Posted

You must be having a laugh or have a short memory.It is common to get groundfrosts in April here and even May and am sure there are plenty places similar for you Easties!!

I know its not out of the ordinary. However the amount of mornings that ive had to wait for the car to de ice and have to walk to work at 7am into a biting wind is quite astonishing. Nothing very cold, just a couple of degrees above freezing and a penetrating wind. Add that to all those days of PM northwesterlies during winter and its getting frustrating. It doesnt help that my walk to work takes me in a west direction where most of this winters cold has originated from.

Posted

For me its been a very typical seasonal start to Spring, a slow burner... with a mix of some snowfall, hard frosts, pleasant sunny days and a bit of rain/showers but nothing particularly wet, with temps often close to average.. and it looks like continuing on a rather mixed typical note, but possibly something rather colder than average...

We've had three days with snowfall, 5cms fell on Thursday morning and over half of the mornings this month have produced temps at or below 2 degrees, with a number of air frosts.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted

Saw my first butterfly today!

Damianslaw, I envy your snow, sounds lovely.

Posted

Its getting more like march 1986 with todays wet and windy,and more to come for a day or 3,but it now looks colder W/NW-lys coming just after.

• Like 1

Posted

Its getting more like march 1986 with todays wet and windy,and more to come for a day or 3,but it now looks colder W/NW-lys coming just after.

Yeah, I'm thinking April might take a while to warm up. While the models are hinting at high pressure exerting more influence, I'm not sure I believe it will, or not to any great extent or for any significant period of time. For my location the BBC are currently not going for a daily mean above 7.5C for the first week of April, and the first 7 days average just 6.6C.

As it happens April 1986 was very cold, at just 5.8C in the CET zone!

Posted

The weather has been very blahhh down here. Very average, benign spring fayre really. Certainly always feels cold in the wind and i don't foresee any "spring-heatwave" this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

March temperature is currently 1.3C above average (up to the 29th). Today and tomorrow may bring it down a little. :)

Posted

Will definitely bring it down, its just above 3C!

Posted

GFS showing temperatures rising next week as high pressure begins to establish its self during the Easter weekend and beyond

168-580UK.GIF?30-12192-580UK.GIF?30-12216-580UK.GIF?30-12240-580UK.GIF?30-12

Just short of 20c for some by Next Tuesday and Wednesday on this run from GFS

Some spring warmth may not be far away but it would be April by then so nothing unusual

:)

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted

GFS just needs some support then id be more confident.

Posted

I'm cautious of the warm spells that keep showing up on the models as there have been three or four now and only one's come to fruition. A week ago we were looking at temps of 17C for today in the south-east, possibly even 20C on Wednesday... not likely now! :cc_confused:

Posted

A big change in the met office text forecast in the past 24 hours with the text forecast now reflecting what the models have shown for the past few days

Yesterday

The unsettled conditions then look likely to spread further across the UK by mid-week, many parts breezier then too.

Today

High pressure is then likely to remain dominant through to the middle of the month with a good deal of dry weather with some sunny spells likely, and with temperatures probably around average, perhaps just above during the daytime.

Posted

The most similar March we've had to this year has been 2004 without a shadow of a doubt.

It didn`t go out like a lion the 20th gave severe gales in 2004,it was much milder end to today by 7/8c

Posted

Provisional data from the met office shows March has been unusually sunny there has been 115 hours of sunshine with just 80.4mm of rain also making it a drier than average month. The March CET was 6.4c which made it 0.2c below the 81 to 10 average