Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
22 minutes ago, Cloud buster said:

It's really cold outside now as you can see , warm though indoors ' -3.1 now since posting this :cold:

its the opposite here warm outdoors! and only 13C indoors haha

20160115_231619.thumb.jpg.4a0401af147849

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Just now, Cloud buster said:

You must be Freezing , down to -3.3 now Marcus_Surfer :cold:

Yeah its chilly in this room! Got down to 11C this morning! Must be very icy with you there

17 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

I like an extra strong cup of spicy chai Ju, a habit I picked up in Calcutta, although there they add enough sugar to instantly send you into a diabetic coma.

Just to warn you, there's nothing in Merthyr town itself - we even patches of snow lying here, further down the valley, but there's zilch in Merthyr. You're best off going up to Dowlais Top or, better yet, Storey Arms. But I'm sure you already knew that. :)

I did mean Dowlais Top sort of area, by looking at the webcams. It looked quite snowy, However I didn't know there wasn't any snow in Merthyr itself.

Wouldn't normally venture that far, but it is now 3 years since any lying snow of any note. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
7 minutes ago, Cloud buster said:

Thank you @Backtrack ' it was from ALDI ' had it for Christmas ' they were only £20 and also its either battery operated and also came with a power supply and you can dim it or even turn the display of , i love it and i have had many in the past but this as been the best i have ever had .

Can't afford the dear ones like the Davies , but this really doe's the job .

That's well good man!

ive just bought a new one from Amazon. Doesn't even have an LED backlight, might send it back, the temperature seems inaccurate and that was just over £30! It was either that one or a Davies, but that one had hardly any features and was £40 :(

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Yeah its chilly in this room! Got down to 11C this morning! Must be very icy with you there

Never ' haven't you got some heating where you live ? and yes it is very icy now 'Not even attempting to go outside to look as i am sat here with a nice glass of red and reading the Model Output , and the South West thread , just open 3 browsers , great reading in all forums , so addictive but really enjoy it

freezing.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a low of 0.3C which is the coldest out of this cold spell, not really that cold for winter though is it? Nice to see the first proper frost in a long time though!

It does unfortunately appear now however as though we will miss out on the rest of this cold spell from thismornings models, but hopefully further down the line if we can get some more cold spells in the last half of winter we may see something :) 

However until its over I'm not going to completely write this cold spell off!

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted

think we might get a surprise overnight tonight

gfs-2-18.png?6

gfs-2-24.png?6

gfs-2-30.png?6

And I don't think Sunday night/Monday is sorted yet either - all guess work from the pros still - on a knife edge who gets what where

gfs-2-48.png?6

gfs-2-66.png?6

gfs-2-72.png?6

gfs-2-78.png?6

gfs-2-84.png?6

think you're all throwing in the towel too early here folks - model fatigue has set in once again lol

PATIENCE GRASS HOPPER

edit:- Got tumps of frost here today - and there is still some lying snow around plus loads on mountains around here - usually means that it's waiting for a top up??????????????

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Sorry Andy can't see it myself either far to marginal!

Posted
6 hours ago, Jackfrost said:

Very, very poor 00Z for snow prospects in South Wales, I'm afraid.

Agree. +3 Dewpoints and -2 uppers ain't going to drop anything but rain on Monday morning.

That front has to be pushed much further West to give us a battleground. With FI at +36 hrs according to some pros, there's always still a chance although models are starting to converge.

Posted

gfs 6z - soooooooooooo - the warm up has now been pushed back to next friday - and it keeps getting pushed back - and next friday is 144 - so anything passed that is outside reliable - and just to re-state above - someone somewhere in the UK is gonna get a s**t load of snow this week - DISRUPTIVE SNOW - and I wouldn't like to bet on where right now - but it all looks a fab week of snow watching this week coming up - edge of your seat stuff

Edited by andymusic

Posted
36 minutes ago, andymusic said:

gfs 6z - soooooooooooo - the warm up has now been pushed back to next friday - and it keeps getting pushed back - and next friday is 144 - so anything passed that is outside reliable - and just to re-state above - someone somewhere in the UK is gonna get a s**t load of snow this week - DISRUPTIVE SNOW - and I wouldn't like to bet on where right now - but it all looks a fab week of snow watching this week coming up - edge of your seat stuff

Tbh Andy still waiting for the proper cool down here 4 deg celsius isn't spectacular at all ....where did those severe frosts and ice days go? 

• Like 1

Posted

Latest charts show a shift west for the front crossing...looks a little better for us guys! Sorry can't post charts at the min

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Tonight we're on the milder side of the frontal boundary coming down from the NW so any precip likely to be rain or none at all. Monday still too uncertain and looks messy but snow maybe possible for more northern and eastern areas of Wales. Unlikely to see anything disruptive anywhere else at the moment. But 100 mile shifts can make all the difference. We'll see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Tonight we're on the milder side of the frontal boundary coming down from the NW so any precip likely to be rain or none at all. Monday still too uncertain and looks messy but snow maybe possible for more northern and eastern areas of Wales. Unlikely to see anything disruptive anywhere else at the moment. But 100 mile shifts can make all the difference. We'll see

Rain you say??? Surely not! Haven't seen rain falling for...let me think...must be at least a good few HOURS. Cold spell my ARSEnal.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Rain you say??? Surely not! Haven't seen rain falling for...let me think...must be at least a good few HOURS. Cold spell my ARSEnal.

Haha I know. Tell me about it, haven't seen falling snow since January 2013 and that was only a slushy covering for a few hours in Pembrokeshire so I feel your pain too...

• Like 1

Posted

:cold: interesting - incoming front - earlier and further south than forecast?

map.png

Anything to report from West Wales yet?

Edited by andymusic

Posted
6 minutes ago, Lisa34 said:

It just started snowing in Aberdare, only a little flurry but the sky is white. Is snow forecast?

nope - see what i mean lol - met office over look wales time and time again

and the latest euro 4 at midday says - something's not quite right

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Sa 16.01.2016 12 GMT

Edited by andymusic

Posted
Just now, andymusic said:

nope - see what i mean lol - met office over look wales time and time again

Most of what you are seeing on the radar is anomalous propagation I think the term is. Nothing actually falling from the sky in most places. Some flurries in places perhaps but nothing really. Be nice to even see a flurry though haha.