Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Last snow we had up here was January 2013 too. But we had loads, most ive seen in my 25 year lifetime, 18 hour blizzard.

Heres a little video I made of it, for fun. Which incidentally I posted as my first ever post on Netweather.  

Edited by andy989
  • Like 3

Posted

Last snow we had up here was January 2013 too. But we had loads, most ive seen in my 25 year lifetime, 18 hour blizzard.

Heres a little video I made of it, for fun. Which incidentally I posted as my first ever post on Netweather.  

Fantastic stuff. Some nifty camera work there too.

You also had a pasting in March that year didn't you.

After being so lucky in 09/10 I remember feeling equally unlucky in 10/11 where there were huge falls just to our west. Literally 5 miles away had a few feet while we had to settle for a few inches. I also remember the reports in North Wales Jan 2013. Always great to see though.

Posted

Fantastic stuff. Some nifty camera work there too.

You also had a pasting in March that year didn't you.

After being so lucky in 09/10 I remember feeling equally unlucky in 10/11 where there were huge falls just to our west. Literally 5 miles away had a few feet while we had to settle for a few inches. I also remember the reports in North Wales Jan 2013. Always great to see though.

Thanks!

Some parts had it bad in March but my area didnt get a thing. Took a drive  through some of the mountain passes and the villages there had it bad.

I know your pain, we didnt get a thing in 10/11 either, or 11/12. 2010 was amazing though, -12 I recorded in the garden. 

Fingers crossed for this year, best of luck to you!

Edited by andy989

Posted

We did well here in Jan 2013 too, and what was particularly good about that spell was that the amount of snow we received was quite unexpected - had expected a dusting on 23rd but the snow carried on falling for a lot longer than forecast: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21169886!  We had more in Jan & Dec '10, but generally the forecasts then were fairly accurate so it was less of a surprise.  

It was also our last snowfall, so hoping for more this year.  If not, cold, crisp and sunny will do for me and be an infinite improvement on last winter.

Posted

Jan 2013 was good here too. Over a foot of snow and it seemed to snow for days.

Had some sleet last year for a short time and a morning or two with a dusting over the highest hill.

A good frosty start this morning. Crisp and clear. First frost where I am.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The colds arrived min -4.8c.

Posted

Lush morning and day,it was really Christmassy waking up with the xmas lights on,yes I have my tree up! Opening the curtains to a fab frost,fingers crossed,this is better than last year already

Posted

Yes, beautiful day today, let's hope it's the first of many...  

Worth remembering the start of December was fairly settled even last year - here, the first 10 days were completely dry.  

Rrea00120131203.gif

The real horror-fest didn't get going until around 15th.  Not that I'm suggesting we're likely to get a repeat, but it's strange to think that last Christmas we were only really into day 10 of the wet and windy weather that would give us such a dire winter.  

Posted

Another hard frost,makes you feel happy! Bring it on! I've a new scraper and de-icer,I will be using that today!

Posted

Even colder this morning min -5.2c

Posted

Britain braces itself for heaviest snow on record

October 7, 2014 by themaskedfrog 1 Comment

Britain is bracing itself for the heaviest snow on record which when it happens is thought to be likely to cover Britain in a 3-4 metre blanket of snow, which it is thought will then take up to several months to thaw.

Veteran TV weatherman Michael Fish who has seen, predicted and been complicit in numerous snow storms told us “It’s not just snow. It’s the heaviest snow on record. And it’s bound to come along at some point and whenever it happens its going to be a nightmare.â€

Indeed a spokesman for the Met Office has confirmed that the heaviest snow on record would involve unprecedented levels of snow, the like the country has not seen before.

“It might be this week-end. It might be early on next week. Or it might not happen until next February. Or even the year after next. But sooner or later it will snow and if it is the worst snow on record you can be sure that it will be by its definition worse that any snow that has been recorded before.†he told us.

The Government have urged people to stay indoors until such time that the snow starts and then to remain indoors until such time that it stops again, and not to travel unless it’s to the pub.

However, it is thought not everyone will heed the advice. We spoke to one member of the public who was already planning a long car journey despite the not inconceivable chances of not only snow at some point but the heaviest snow on record.

“I can’t wait. It’s the one time that you can legally sleep in your car in the middle lane of the M11″ he explained.

• Like 2

Posted

I think we in West Wales may be in the minority today with the glorious sunshine and mild temperatures!

Posted

Britain braces itself for heaviest snow on record

October 7, 2014 by themaskedfrog 1 Comment

Britain is bracing itself for the heaviest snow on record which when it happens is thought to be likely to cover Britain in a 3-4 metre blanket of snow, which it is thought will then take up to several months to thaw.

Veteran TV weatherman Michael Fish who has seen, predicted and been complicit in numerous snow storms told us “It’s not just snow. It’s the heaviest snow on record. And it’s bound to come along at some point and whenever it happens its going to be a nightmare.â€

Indeed a spokesman for the Met Office has confirmed that the heaviest snow on record would involve unprecedented levels of snow, the like the country has not seen before.

“It might be this week-end. It might be early on next week. Or it might not happen until next February. Or even the year after next. But sooner or later it will snow and if it is the worst snow on record you can be sure that it will be by its definition worse that any snow that has been recorded before.†he told us.

The Government have urged people to stay indoors until such time that the snow starts and then to remain indoors until such time that it stops again, and not to travel unless it’s to the pub.

However, it is thought not everyone will heed the advice. We spoke to one member of the public who was already planning a long car journey despite the not inconceivable chances of not only snow at some point but the heaviest snow on record.

“I can’t wait. It’s the one time that you can legally sleep in your car in the middle lane of the M11″ he explained.

VERY FUNNY

well net weather's punt at the winter ahead is out - looks like a normal winter to me - temps getting colder as we approach Jan - possible snow over the holiday period - possible easterly in Feb - sort of a normal winter - December right now - nothing out of the ordinary - gonna have to wait for this winter to get going me thinks - anyway - thought I'd sign in once again for the winter rollercoaster - hope your all keeping well! - Andy

Posted

VERY FUNNY

well net weather's punt at the winter ahead is out - looks like a normal winter to me - temps getting colder as we approach Jan - possible snow over the holiday period - possible easterly in Feb - sort of a normal winter - December right now - nothing out of the ordinary - gonna have to wait for this winter to get going me thinks - anyway - thought I'd sign in once again for the winter rollercoaster - hope your all keeping well! - Andy

So nice to see you back andy,let's hope we are on the right track,let us all clean off our sledges,I'm sure this will give us some luck! Here goes the ramp ride!

Edited by whiskers

Posted

Before all the antincipated cold and snow this Winter :) mild enough to sit out in the sunshine today - just over 3 weeks from the shortest day!

Posted

Stunning late autumn evening here.

The big orange blob in the sky has just fallen behind the mountain leaving a lovely pink glow amongst the light mist.

As I write this there is a Robin bouncing along the patio making the most of the fading light. Almost feels like Christmas

And wales just won!

Perfect evening!

• Like 2

Posted

Cracking day - very Spring-like, 15c at Trawsgoed!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Been largely brigadoony here for three days, temps under fog and cloud lurking around 8. Lovely blue sky this morning. Getting a wee bit tired of beeb forecasters bang on on about 12-15 degrees though, as if those temps applied to whole of country, when not in reality (well not in the centre of the universe that is the Welsh Marches).

Posted

I anticipate some more fine days with frosty nights for West Wales this coming week:

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4847-weather-guide-monday-1st-to-sunday-7th-december-2014/

Posted

I anticipate some more fine days with frosty nights for West Wales this coming week:

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4847-weather-guide-monday-1st-to-sunday-7th-december-2014/

Interesting end of the week according to the met ,with possible mountain snow as a breif northerly is set for Friday ,let the fun begin!

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting weather watching this weekend lets hope the North wind can generate some showers as it comes down across a fairley warm irish sea  B3p8lDgIMAABLlq.jpg

Edited by keithlucky