Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Just noticed the Met Office have released an amber warning for wind for this afternoon for SW/W Wales and SW England.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&regionName=wl&fcTime=1415836800

A short spell of very strong winds will move north during this morning and early afternoon with severe gales and gusts of 75 mph.  The public should be prepared for disruption to transport and for possible damage to trees and buildings.       

A small, but intense area of low pressure will move quickly north close to southwest England and West Wales bringing the risk of severe gales and powerful gusts. The strongest winds are likely to affect south facing coasts and hills.

Posted

Working outside teashirt weather ,with the sun beating down and the back of my neck burning,6weeks to xmas LOL.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Lovely afternoon after atrocious wind and rain this morning, although to my skin it feels cooler than recent days - certainly feels cooler in the house, probably warmer outside :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Nice to have the thread back. Looking forward to the usual ups and downs and street light watching for snow..............1 question tho...............im getting married on the 22nd of this month so any predictions what the weather may be like?

Posted

Nice to have the thread back. Looking forward to the usual ups and downs and street light watching for snow..............1 question tho...............im getting married on the 22nd of this month so any predictions what the weather may be like?

Would you prefer sunshine or blizzards?

• Like 1

There's a lot of uncertainty in the models at the moment but I think it's most likely to be unsettled. However there's a decent chance of settled weather from a build of high pressure too... so watch this space.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

With winds from the South East, as opposed to the South West, a bit of a drier interlude at the moment.

As others have said a bit more unsettled later next week.

Certainly mild and probably a little unsettled, pressure around 1010mb-1020mb.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Would you prefer sunshine or blizzards?

the wife to be wants a light dusting of snow, me anything dry at the moment!

the wife to be wants a light dusting of snow, me anything dry at the moment!

There are better signs of some drier weather with Higher Pressure close to the UK for next weekend. Pressure Ensembles around 1020mb next Friday, dropping back to just above 1015mb by Saturday.

post-213-0-99525500-1416166590_thumb.png post-213-0-81565900-1416166595_thumb.png

With winds from the South to South East, certainly not cold, and snow prospects I would say non existent.

Can things change in terms of rain of course they can and Low Pressure is lurking quite close to the South West, so nothing definitive.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Nice to be back for the winter season and to see all the regular faces popping up nice and early, lets hope for some snow this year! i see parts of america have already had a good taste of winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hopefully this winter will be snowier than last winter.

Of course I have set the bar high in terms of expectation. :rofl:

A nice northwesterly will do me! Pembrokeshire dangler please!

• Like 1

Posted

The Wales thread is back!

I noticed how many trees still have leaves on them on my way to work earlier. Suppose it's been much milder and less windy than last year.

So do we reckon, mild wet and windy pre Christmas then a switch to something more seasonal?

There are better signs of some drier weather with Higher Pressure close to the UK for next weekend. Pressure Ensembles around 1020mb next Friday, dropping back to just above 1015mb by Saturday.

attachicon.gifecm500.144.png attachicon.gifh500slp.png

With winds from the South to South East, certainly not cold, and snow prospects I would say non existent.

Can things change in terms of rain of course they can and Low Pressure is lurking quite close to the South West, so nothing definitive.

Alas thing have changed again with some rain pushing east early Saturday, timings are still very much uncertain, and perhaps dry or showery for Saturday afternoon.

Posted

Omg! I'm loving the weather they are having in America,so jealous! What is it they say,we have it after them! I wish,think snow is as exciting as xmas!!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Back again. Hopefully a better show all round than last year. I've been following as best I can the OPI thread and Strat thread since early Oct. Can't confess to understanding a huge amount but there seems to be confidence of some cold and snow this winter. Strat thread is getting excited.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

It's nice to be back with the Wales thread. :)

I'm another one extremely jealous of the snow that has fallen on the other side of the Atlantic. It's been a quiet few years on the snow front here, hoping this Winter gives us a nice white covering. :)

Posted

Just noticed its back

Great

I can’t even bring myself to talk about last winter. It has to be the worse type of winter imaginable.

Last snow here was January 2013. Not a huge amount though. I remember having to get to the hospital. About the only excitement of that winter.

At the start of every winter I convince myself we’re going to experience the next big one. I’m not necessarily talking 47 or 63.  I’d be over the moon to experience another Jan 1982 (not that I can remember much of that). Or 2009/2010. Best winter for me in terms of the number of big snow falls here. Just hoping that wasn’t a 1 in 20 or 30 year event.

Things are looking much more interesting this year though so fingers crossed!

• Like 2