Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Slightest dusting of overnight snow at home this morning in Kemnay, only really on cars and grass but better than nothing. I believe from the wife's brief chorus of "driving in a winter wonderland" phone call this morning that there's probably more lying up towards Huntly where she works.

Might be forced to get the skis back out of storage and head to Cairngorm for a day this weekend. Would rather go to Nevis or Glencoe but it's a long day trip from here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Ravelin - Cairngorm will be hoaching!

I am heading to Coe Saturday and Nevis Sunday. Back corries and Braveheart likely to be running. Went to Nevis two weeks ago and it was fantastic. Snow is patchy in Cairngorm. :D

Posted

Ravelin - Cairngorm will be hoaching!

I am heading to Coe Saturday and Nevis Sunday. Back corries and Braveheart likely to be running. Went to Nevis two weeks ago and it was fantastic. Snow is patchy in Cairngorm. :D

As I said, wouldn't be my first choice but Nevis is at least 3hrs drive, Glencoe even longer. Not much fun for a day trip. I'd be going mainly to give our son another day on skis to get him that little bit further along, rather than for myself. Ptarmigan, Cas blues would be good enough, but not much fun if it's busy on the lifts.

Caved in last weekend, going back on my "We could always just wait and see where the snow is good, we'll get something" and booked for New Year 15/16. St.Anton this year, woohoo!

Oh....back on subject...snowing in Dyce, lightly now but heavier 15mins ago. Was trying to settle in the heavy period but just not cold enough. Actually for a while it was the heaviest I've seen all winter I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Snowed on the north coast on and off all day - continues now - but even at its most intense, wasn't settling up to about 200m.  Ah well.

Posted

Ben Wyvis in mid afternoon today wearing its mid winter coat on the 1st of Aprilpost-2744-0-90202500-1427925942_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Last night got down to -0.5/-6.0C. Clear, sunny start. High cloud moving in from the west only really making the sky look white, not blocking the sun

Posted

Glencoe are reporting top to bottom 2400ft vertical! This is incredible for April. You can slide from the very summit down to the Rannoch Moor at 1200ft ASL. I have never known the access runs to be open as long as they have this year. They lost them at the start of March briefly and then they got refilled at the end of March. :D

Guess where I am going on Saturday!

• Like 1

Glencoe are reporting top to bottom 2400ft vertical! This is incredible for April. You can slide from the very summit down to the Rannoch Moor at 1200ft ASL. I have never known the access runs to be open as long as they have this year. They lost them at the start of March briefly and then they got refilled at the end of March. :D

Guess where I am going on Saturday!

Shopping?

Grey and drab here this morning, fingers crossed for a sunny high into the weekend and next week. I need some sun. Finally getting to see my boys next Friday after seven months of not seeing them :D (sorry, totally non-weather related but it's brought some sunshine back into my life).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

A day of much dreichness here, however, it does look as if the cloud is lifting a little. I live in hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Persisting down here!

This cheared me up though :

post-1989-0-70653200-1428060767_thumb.jp

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted

Looks like spring trying its hardest this week to bring some warmer temps this week.. I leave u with a poem ..

Coast Rainbow

Heavy clouds in the evening

Sun drifting in our view

Firing light down the river

Perfect Rainbow over Clyde

In between the heavy squall

Reaching out to touch

The temporary colour bridge

Under the persisting hail

Coast rainbow looking divine

Colouring the North bank

Houses painted in light

In all shades of colour

post-11322-0-81630700-1428126872_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

Dull dreich and moderate rain.Where"s the high pressure so we can start sowing again? Currently 6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Beautiful start, sunny, 7.4c

Posted

Nice morning, reached 10.8c before high level cloud rolled in. Felt warm in the sun, t-shirt weather. A few midges about etc.

Hopefully see some more breaks in the cloud before the day is out

Posted

A cloudy day but mild, reached 14c in my garden. Feels much more like Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Dull dreich and moderate rain.Where"s the high pressure so we can start sowing again? Currently 6c

Surely this afternoon's weather has improved your mood?  Warm and almost sunny here most of the day, and the garden looks a damn sight better for a few hours' work.

• Like 1

Posted

Highest max of the year by a long way, topping out at 14.3c despite very little sun after about 11/12.

Could squeeze a bit higher tomorrow maybe....

Looks like good temperatures could be reached next weekend... Maybe the first 18c (a bit of a push) which is officially t-shirt weather in my book (even with a slight breeze/cloudcover etc). A sure sign of summer coming

• Like 1

Posted

Surely this afternoon's weather has improved your mood?  Warm and almost sunny here most of the day, and the garden looks a damn sight better for a few hours' work.

Yes the sun arrived here too in the afternoon,ground to sticky to sow but  we got back to our last field of stone picking .No contractors sower tomorrow as everyone off for Easter. A day won"t matter especially when prices for grain are on the floor.  

Fertiliser manufacturers  have delivered 20% less product than last year on to farms to date the result of trying to maintain prices in spite of falling energy costs and farmers lack of cash flow due to last harvests price falls with 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sunblock and shades at Glencoe & Caingorm this morning  :D

11109820_1052209851473462_7317387459182911038797_816017218491798_918447255152295

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Absolutely gorgeous day here too! 

post-1989-0-41871400-1428229703.txt

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Absolutely georgious day here too! 

Aye, I'd be happy with a couple of months of this  :D Misty first thing but wall to wall sunshine and feeling warm too. Lovely-jubbly!!

Posted

Same here. Went for a run earlier in shorts and tshirt and it was still too warm. Not complaining though.

• Like 1

Posted

Gorgeous here too. Mist cleared by 10am and it's now reading 16c in the garden. 16c too at Leuchars at Midday.

• Like 2