Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Currently -6c here, temp rose +1.5c around an hour ago, but then dropped back to -6c...

Hard frost, and absolutely bitter outside.

DP -7c

Posted

-8.3 the low so far.

Up to a tropical -8.1 at the moment.

We had a -8.6 a couple of weeks ago so not quite the coldest for us.

Posted

A dusting overnight partially melted in places,currently very windy and 1c, so ice risk everywhere

The story of the winter here has been the windchill as it is this morning.We have had days of high winds sleet and temperatures just above freezing which just accentuate it. Not good for getting any outside jobs done.A couple of local new build houses have made slow progress and I take my hat off to the builders who have worked in some terrible conditions including having to pump out flood water on numerous occasions even though they are being built on top of a hill.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Morning all,

Just missed equalling my coldest night of the winter here at -2.5 (-2.6c the coldest to date). Currently -0.2c and the breeze has picked up a bit.

Posted

So much for any snow from this beast from the north!

Light drizzle here, +2/+1.

Saves deciding my car I suppose! I think that any intensity to the precipitation may turn it to snow in a while...or possibly not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Ahh great, just had a shower of light rain passing through. Radar doesn't look that great...

Posted

Was not expecting rain this morning...temperature and dew points are good..must be some warmer uppers in the flow...been the story of the winter so far for this part of the world! A standard toppler is more productive than this...at least it brings in colder uppers directly from the North rather than this modified flow from the NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Overnight low of -4.8 but sat at 1.3/0.7C now, at least 2C above where it was forecast to be at this time. As a result we have a combination of rain, sleet and snow rather than the expected pure snow. Doesn't bode well for getting a covering unless it cools down again.

Overnight low of -4.8 but sat at 1.3/0.7C now, at least 2C above where it was forecast to be at this time. As a result we have a combination of rain, sleet and snow rather than the expected pure snow. Doesn't bode well for getting a covering unless it cools down again.

Almost the same here temperature-wise Ravelin. It was -4.9ºC when I got up but slowly climbing now. No precip or cloud down here, it's a gorgeous cold sunny day. If the precip is light and warmish I'd prefer it to stay as it is now here all day. Had enough of the wrong side of marginal precip this winter.

The ECM 00z this morning is a snooze fest, high pressure in charge and nowt much doing at all right through the run.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was -6 at 6am and no snow for days. Nice bright sunny days but the birds are starving. Hills and fields still covered with lying frozen snow .

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Flurries of snow in Glasgow city centre! Nothing in Falkirk...wonder if we will get any snow out of this cold spell. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Moderately heavy snow in Dyce at the moment but looks kind of wet and not lying. Not as heavy as it was on Saturday in Kemnay, but then it was mainly sleet so I could say this is probably the heaviest snow I've seen all winter. Roads were a bit slushy in places on the way to work but nothing more than that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Very cold here this morning, thick frost still on all surfaces. Ground is solid.

Posted

Grauple showers here now. Temperature back down to 0c and we have a fresh to strong NNE wind which may give us more showers off the Firth today compared to recent days.

Posted

Meto have snow for Bathgate between 2 and 4pm....I am not far from there but not expecting much or anything!

Posted

Richard it shows how ridiculous that carbunkle award is! Aberdeen is a great city. I was there in September last year, so I don't know what the judges saw. I can think of at least 20 other towns that should get the award including my own of Maddiston!

• Like 1

Posted

Meto have snow for Bathgate between 2 and 4pm....I am not far from there but not expecting much or anything!

I admire you for even checking the possibility :D

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Temperature rose quickly from -5.3 after I got up at 8.15 to -2.3 when I left an hour later. Overnight low of -6.7C which beats the previous low as f -5.2C by quite a bit.

I should have put in my posts last in night that the met office forecaster gave snow showers in Edinburgh a 20% chance tomorrow

Edited by GrangemouthBairn