Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Whatever happens this is as good as what we had the whole last winter. Just came home from a fancy restaurant - time to get myself up to date. Ian offers hope for those snow starved southeasterners the low is tracking SE as we speak increasing the probability of snow falling, the fun starts for us late tonight and into tomorrow. :) snow showers + strong winds may cause a headache for some.

Where does Ian say that?

Posted

after an hour of snow in between rain it is now back to rain and wiped out any settled snow.  temp also rising.  this wasn't forecast to happen.  will we ever get a decent snow event again in this rain sodden island?

It was forecast... The low is loving about, and therefore the explanation for transition back to rain again. You will almost certainly see snow later on in the evening again.

Posted

Wait for warm sector to pass maybe a couple of hours and then watch dewpoints fall :)

I'd ignore air temps tonight

And the precipitation clear at the same time,

Dew point steadily rising here up to 2.7C from 1.2C earlier this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

rain here, was sleet for a short time earlier.

Posted

My temperature is still rising :smiliz39: and the storm alarm has gone off on my weather station! 5.9c raining heavy! :crazy:

Take 2 paracetamol and your temperature should go down ;)

Warm sector here - 5.9c currently :(

• Like 1

Posted

Really, this moaning about dew points and temperatures rising. Most of the SE is currently in the warm sector of this system. Pour a drink, chill for a couple of hours and then see what's happening. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Really, this moaning about dew points and temperatures rising. Most of the SE is currently in the warm sector of this system. Pour a drink, chill for a couple of hours and then see what's happening. 

or maybe down the whole bottle if the weather in our part of the woods is anything to go by.  if we have rain here there is no chance of anything snowy in the south east and that's a definite im afraid

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

does what it does.

• Like 1

Posted

or maybe down the whole bottle if the weather in our part of the woods is anything to go by.  if we have rain here there is no chance of anything snowy in the south east and that's a definite im afraid

People have been replying to you and explaining! You definitely have a chance of more snow later, even if we down here don't! It's just low moving closer to you for  a few hours!

• Like 1

Posted

Indeed - a definitely incorrect assessment!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes don't be disheartened for a lucky few on the northern flank it will remain snow throughout lucky buggers! - while as the LP crawls southeastwards on the western flank the SE/EA is thrown into the mix, as colder air and lower DPs surge behind it, what ever then falls with be less watery. :w00t:

Posted

What are you basing your assessment on? You have cold air within 50 miles of you and it's moving South. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So much for the 'weather bomb'. I can't take it seriously anymore. Bit windy and wet.

• Like 1

Posted

So much for the 'weather bomb'. I can't take it seriously anymore. Bit windy and wet.

Was this even meant to be a 'weather bomb'? I haven't heard that mentioned at all in the lead up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Exactly. There was a slight frost last night. By 10 am I was getting in some more wood before it got soaked in a T-shirt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

People have been replying to you and explaining! You definitely have a chance of more snow later, even if we down here don't! It's just low moving closer to you for  a few hours!

I appreciate that I really do but after weather watching for years now only to be disappointed I have given up all hope.  yes we had an hour of snow (woopee) but now it is rain again and the temperature is rising rather than falling.  I don't see how that is going to change now unfortunately.  one hour of snow is just nowhere near sufficient for a winter worth of weather in my eyes.  our winters are definitely getting poorer snow wise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Had sleet for 2 hours now just stopped.

Hoping for a bit of snow later with the colder air coming in, though traditionally these wraparound lows tend to dry up by the time they reach here.

Fingers crossed we all see a bit of snow. :smiliz19: