Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

From Fergie in MOD thread: 'Back to the here and now - signs now well underway of changes in leading edge of PPN, all going largely as modelled with cold pool taking shape. Snow falling readily at the moment at the Hawthorns (West Brom) and sticking on the pitch in last few mins.... a taste of what may now follow into this evening and tonight. Latest analysis suggests we can't rule out some snow even well south of M4 later into the eve/night. Wintry showers tomorrow for many districts (incl. in south), giving some accumulations over higher ground.'

• Like 1

Posted

In the last hour, temperature gone from under 4 degress to over 5! Still steadliy rising in Ashford.Drizzling.

This was expected! rise and then tumble and then conditions become me more 'conclusive' for snow - good to hear Daniel. Midlands is having fun extremely envious but the future is uncertain...

Posted

Hi all, belated Christmas greetings... :)

Here is what fergieweather (Ian Ferguson) just wrote in the model thread:

"

Back to the here and now - signs now well underway of changes in leading edge of PPN, all going largely as modelled with cold pool taking shape. Snow falling readily at the moment at the Hawthorns (West Brom) and sticking on the pitch in last few mins.... a taste of what may now follow into this evening and tonight. Latest analysis suggests we can't rule out some snow even well south of M4 later into the eve/night. Wintry showers tomorrow for many districts (incl. in south), giving some accumulations over higher ground."

Important bit for us at the end! Here's hoping!

• Like 4

Posted

Awesome update by fergieweather ^ I feel the anticipation is building. I ask why do people persist in looking out in la la land why not sit down and enjoy what is to come, which is in front of us??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

I can confirm that nothing but rain here in the east midlands.  very disappointing.

I think we're looking at a rain-snow event so might not be until later this evening we see the snow 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

hello people, just found this, if you click on the grey box where it says SNOWING it shows you live the areas - bit like the live lightening strike app.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

• Like 3

Posted

Not expecting anything here, perhaps some sleety stuff but I reckon thats about it  smiley-happy110.gif

Edited by ihatecoldweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Snow reports coming from likes of Coventry... It's getting a bit closer. 

im only 35 east of Coventry and nothing but rain here :((

Posted

im only 35 east of Coventry and nothing but rain here :((

Snow Freak give it 2 hours you'll have snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

okay its really trying to turn to snow here now but still mostly rain with a few flakes of snow thrown in for good measure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just been burning about a ton of Christmas wrapping paper and boxes and its started to rain here about 10mins ago pretty steadily, temp is defiently dropping now too