Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of high cloud here, no frost to start. It should brighten up again. Temperatures again look to be on the chilly side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Cool and partly cloudy in Essex though no frost again, another largely uneventful week ahead for the SE by the looks of it..

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se       some warnings out for Thur+Fri windy weather

Posted

I was very interested to see the warnings out for later in week. First wind wRning this winter compared to last year.......

136 warning last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

Bitter cold wind out that slices through you, 4.8oC out in the shed at present.  Had to scrap the front car screen this morning, was hoping I could avoid that as it was windy.  Was 1.7oC around 05:30.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Decent day today, dry and chilly with sunny spells.

Widespread air frost tonight

nmmuk-0-18-0.png?08-18

-2C widely, we could potentially get down to -5C in prone locations.

• Like 1

Posted

Just been out to put the front screen cover on the car, think the wind has dropped enough now so it should not blow about, one thing I will say it just how much colder out it feels already since earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Just seen this on my Facebook, from 5th February 2012 in Southend-on-Sea-Ice  :cold:

1780993_763545110396782_6814055916632694

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted

Just seen this on my Facebook, from 5th February 2012 in Southend-on-Sea-Ice :cold:

1780993_763545110396782_6814055916632694

WOW great photo 2012 we really did come close to an exceptionally cold bitter blast from the east, still pretty decent for us if I can recall, I recall Southend got absolutely hammered by heavy show showers. Forming over the warm sea, pretty much non stop for that location. For the SE/EA easterlies is best always, as we are on the forefront of the imported cold. NW/N winds are terrible for us, little or no PPN & its all watered down by when it gets to our region. Forgot to mention something to ponder: https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81934-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-winter/page-59#entry3083660 Edited by Daniel*

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

brief as busy

tomorrow http://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo.../PPVE89.gif... should stay dry but cloudy temps will be cold but late afternoon it will get to around 8 degrees as the warm from comes in and rain gets here,,windy SW but not overly strong

tomorrow night http://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo.../PPVG89.gif... winds veer back NW and will be gusty for a time could see temps go to 10 degrees,,,then the cold front comes in after 3am and it will dry out and temps will drop but not frost likely due to the wind strength

wednesday winds gusty NW and temps will drop back again to around 4 degrees. should be a sunny day but RAW in the wind (around 30 mph but around 40+ coastal) should stay dry barring the odd one
wednesday night http://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo.../PPVJ89.gif... strong nw wind,,30-40 mph but maybe a 50 coastal, still got some showers around but only local,,,,temps cold close to freezing but no frost again as the wind should stop that,,,,a very slim chance the odd wintry shower may appear late at night but only a low chance.....more on that tomorrow if it looks more interesting
thursday http://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo.../PPVK89.gif... looks very similar to wednesday night and winds still being a pest,,it does look mainly dry and sunny for a bulk of the day,,temps cold early but may warm up a shade when winds veer south west later (7-8 degrees max)

wet and windy thursday night

141208_1200_84.png

141208_1200_84.png

friday

141208_1200_102.png

cold again

and wet the far south

weekend is too far away for now

• Like 7

Posted

Thanks JP :clapping:

Just just some recycling out and it is feeling rather cold out there now, did not dither on that small job.  2.0oC in the shed now.

• Like 1

Posted

WOW great photo 2012 we really did come close to an exceptionally cold bitter blast from the east, still pretty decent for us if I can recall, I recall Southend got absolutely hammered by heavy show showers. Forming over the warm sea, pretty much non stop for that location. For the SE/EA easterlies is best always, as we are on the forefront of the imported cold. NW/N winds are terrible for us, little or no PPN & its all watered down by when it gets to our region. Forgot to mention something to ponder: https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81934-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-winter/page-59#entry3083660

It's been a long time since I saw a potent northerly back in the days when I lived up near the North Suffolk/Norfolk coast. When the north wind blew properly then we got a good half a foot on a few occasions back in the early noughties. 

Alas the possible northerly for this coming Saturday looks very unlikely now. Shame really. 

• Like 1

Posted

Dropped below 13oC in the Kitchen!  lounge is a better 21oC  Outside in the shed it is now 1.5oC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Chilly night here with the Westerly breeze easing somewhat and a chilly -0.6c outside. 4th frost of the week! 

Posted

PPVM89.gif?31415

friday is a tricky call

its a case of what comes first

the 528 dam air or the front to our far north west

maybe something wintry for us down here but not going there yet

gfs para shows this

gfs-2-90.png?18

but if the colder air digs in after it will likely be rain

will re check that again tomorrow night

saturday looks cold with a breezy north west flow

PPVO89.gif?31415

but dry at present

ukmo raw

for sunday bottom right

12_UKMet_H500_PSL_96_144.gif

too far to call but looks a shade warmer at present

141208_1200_126.png

winds more westerly and from a warmer source there

all this is subject to change though

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Cheers JP hope the Synoptics all come together at the right time. Just got home and have to say I felt the coldest in a long while. I soon warmed up as some lovely chap threw an egg out a car whilst I was waiting for the bus . Frost now setting in .

• Like 2

Posted

hi mark

certainly some strange folk around

re friday

if we do see something it will likely only be brief

however it would be nice to see something even if only for looking at purposes

got plenty of winter left for the proper fun :) :)

this week is really a tricky week to call at present

i will update tomorrow night to see where we stand

off now

goodnight all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Currently 1.3c here, frost well under way

Couldn't find my jacket so went out for a fag in just a t-shirt, bad idea  :cold:

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

1.7 here but no frost as far as I can tell. May be by morning if the wind drops a little.

Posted

Think so. -0.8 at the moment. A balmy 12C in the bedroom though. Cup of tea, I think. Have a good day all.

Posted

Clear skies and a decent air frost to start the day :)