Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK Storm Chasers Wanted!

BWilms

Hello,

I work for a reputable TV production company and am looking to talk to people who storm chase here in the UK. We are actually developing a documentary about lightning strikes, but we think there could be room for a storm chasing element to be part of the content, or perhaps even room to devote an entire programme to it.

I'm aware that there are always lots of Discovery and Nat Geo films about storm chasing in the States, but can’t think of any major documentary about the phenomenon in the UK. And given the rise of ‘extreme weather’ – or at least the reporting of it in our news coverage – I can only imagine that the phenomenon of storm chasing on the UK mainland is on the rise too.

So if you are one of these people, I would love to chat to you about your storm-chasing passion and knowledge! 

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am not sure if you will receive this message or if your project is still in pipeline.

I have studied weather for a few years now and share the belief that adverse weather is on a high increase and should be documented, especially here in the UK.

If there is still an opportunity to be involved I would very much like to hear from you.

E-Mail jonleicester@Hotmail.com

• Like 1

Posted

How did this thread get no replies for all that time?

There must be quite a few of us on here who get out and about to go chasing:/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I never saw this one first time around either. If you are still looking then I do lots of storm chasing every year around the UK and have plenty to tell. PM me on here, maybe I can help :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

There was a section on Uk storm chasers on one of the recent weather documentaries, I wonder if that was it?

Posted

I also did not see this thread? BWilms, I would love if you have an opportunity to email me about extreme weather in general and the career you have, if you reply I could send you my email address?

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Channel 4 broadcast a couple of UK weather documentaries, one late last year, and another early in 2015, one of them featured UK storm chasers.  I'm pretty sure neither was related to this post though, normally the production companies contact us first and then we can help with info and getting people involved.

The December show was called Wildest Weather, broadcast on the 14th.

Posted

Channel 4 broadcast a couple of UK weather documentaries, one late last year, and another early in 2015, one of them featured UK storm chasers.  I'm pretty sure neither was related to this post though, normally the production companies contact us first and then we can help with info and getting people involved.

The December show was called Wildest Weather, broadcast on the 14th.

thankyou

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Yeah very strange how it was missed, I can confirm I would be willing to get involved however on this occasion its possibly too late.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

do you know what channel this was on and the name of it please?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/britains-wildest-weather-2014/on-demand/60451-001