Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Early winter hopes and chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I really hope this Winter to be a better one. I want lots and lots of snow and cold. I'm so desperate for it now. C'mon Winter I so need you!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Well here we go then the road to winter begins.

3 or 4 Mouths until winter hits the UK.

I am guessing it will be a fair winter with some snow and cold and also some mild spells with it.

Please do not let it be a 2013/2014 one. (Storm Winter)

Edited by Skulltheruler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I would like it to be a short, sharp winter. Lots of snow and some really bitter days that make you want to go home and snuggle in front of the fire. Just hope we don't get weeks upon weeks of grey, cold nothingness.

having said that, I'm not done with summer yet.

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Well here we go then the road to winter begins.

4 Mouths until winter hits the UK.

I am guessing it will be a fair winter with some snow and cold and also some mild spells with it.

Please do not let it be a 2013/2014 one. (Storm Winter)

Make that 3 Mouths please!  :)

09/10 or March 2013 please, I'm not asking for much..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Lots of frost, fog and cold days will do me. Some snow thrown in and it will be perfect. bring it on!

Edited by simshady
  • Like 3

Posted

I agree there Skull, But who's to say this year? December is still a Winter Month, But i understand due to your perspective on recent years.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

We need December 2010 weather from November-March!! There is no other way.

• Like 3

Posted

With a March 2013 to top it off  :clap:

Anyway here's to hoping!

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm hoping that the Daily Express keeps its trap shut and doesn't curse this winter with another one of its stupid, "Coldest Winter Expected Since The Beginning Of Time, " headlines! You know the opposite will happen! I'm not asking for much this winter, sleet in October, snow in November, mega thunder blizzards throughout December, January, February, March and April, with howling easterly winds and 20 foot snow drifts, especially over Christmas so the ropey relatives can't make it to our house and bore us to death! Lots of ice days too! :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  Oh and no long periods of tedious high pressure and murk! Is this too much to ask for? :unknw: Got a bit carried away! :pardon:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

I heard that the Winter of 2009–10 in the UK was the 100 year event in terms or cold and snow?

What about a repeat of 1962–63?

I agree there Skull, But who's to say this year? December is still a Winter Month, But i understand due to your perspective on recent years.

We will find soon.

Speaking of hopes for winter,how about something I found sometime ago.

Will be a good read for some.

http://realityweather.eu/chilly-chit-chat-little-ice-age-winter-2014-2015

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Some frost and snow around mid December would be nice. But what i really want is high pressure positioned in the right place to give bags of sunshine to compensate for those short days. I would like frosty mornings leading to daytime highs of 5-8c in light winds. That would be most pleasant. I absolutely hate raw cloudy easterlies so i would prefer a few northerly topplers to give my snowfall. Plenty of raging southwesterlies and balmy temperatures in the low teens too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I'm hoping that the Daily Express keeps its trap shut and doesn't curse this winter with another one of its stupid, "Coldest Winter Expected Since The Beginning Of Time, " headlines! You know the opposite will happen! I'm not asking for much this winter, sleet in October, snow in November, mega thunder blizzards throughout December, January, February, March and April, with howling easterly winds and 20 foot snow drifts, especially over Christmas so the ropey relatives can't make it to our house and bore us to death! Lots of ice days too! :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  Oh and no long periods of tedious high pressure and murk! Is this too much to ask for? :unknw: Got a bit carried away! :pardon:

They've already started.................. http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/502349/Iceland-ash-cloud-could-trigger-freezing-cold-winter-this-year-if-it-erupts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Uhh, did I show it to you on the volcano thread a couple of days ago?

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81229-b%C3%A1r%C3%B0arbunga-and-askja-volcanic-activity/page-8#entry3029804

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

The only comment I have on the coming winter is this.one flake of snow will make the coming winter far better than the previous one.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

My predictions for winter are for westerly winds/Atlantic air to dominate through mid Nov to mid Mar, snow maybe at times above 300m in Scotland, England/Wales mostly wet

just as good as anyones predictions currently

Posted

My ultimate winter based on life experience would be if I'm insane enough...

Late November-19th December 2010, 20th-25th December 2009, 26th December 1995, 27th-30th December 2000

31st December 1996 -1st January 1997, 2nd January-9th January 2010, 10th-19th January 1987, 20th-25th January 2013, 26th-30th January 1996, 31st January-2nd February 2009, 3rd-7th February 1996, 8th-13rd February 1991, 14th February-25 February 1994, 26th February-28th February 2005.

It would be a snowfest!

• Like 8

Posted

Well a measurable snow depth would be fantastic :rolleyes:

2014/2015 will be a good winter, I'm expecting a frosty start to the winter predominately dry in a chilly easterly air flow, as we enter the new year some atlantic depressions, then by late Jan/Feb the beast from the east will freeze the country for 2 weeks causing mayhem. By march the birds will be out in full voice.

Thames streamer pleeeeeease :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

If it doesn't snow (which is unlikely here anyway) then bring on the storms!

You have got marmalised on more than one occasion in the last few years by channel lows, battlegrounds etc.

• Like 1