Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Heating in the house!!! Don't be daft! It's bloody August not October, this thread normally shows its self towards late Sept, at this rate some on here will be wearing hats & scarfs come then.

• Like 3

Posted

Heating in the house!!! Don't be daft! It's bloody August not October, this thread normally shows its self towards late Sept, at this rate some on here will be wearing hats & scarfs come then.

I blame all this global warming malarkey - it's making some folk soft in the body as well as the head.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Loved this thread last year. Wonder who was the last? And no.. house still over 20.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Haven't turned on the heating yet, will be at least another couple months before we need to, probably longer. I still have my fan on at night!

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted

Nightly temps maybe on the cool side for this time of the year or just average maybe, but what ever the case I'm off camping the weekend...Heating what's that :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature in the house dropped to around 17c yesterday evening so a couple of electric heaters were used in living room etc just to bring it up a little but we resisted urge to turn the main heating on just yet.

Thing is at this time of year after all the hot weather we have had 17c feels a little chilly while sitting around watching the box etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Still 21c in the house long, long time till it goes on thankfully

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It's the 13th of August and folk are on about having the heating on. This is some kind of a wind-up,right? I've been working outside in a t-shirt half the night and it's boiling... while folk indoors are saying it's chilly. In fact it's too absurd to think about. Come back sometime in December and maybe we'll talk.

I've had my heating on. Guess it's no different to your ridiculous 'intolerance' to anything above 20C (which I believe is almost entirely exaggerated for comedic effect - because no healthy person in the world is that sensitive to a little warmth).

Seems to me like those who are insecure and in desperate need to reaffirm their manliness will go all-out to prove that cold doesn't bother them, even if they crumble like a little girl at the first sign of any warm weather. Pathetic.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I can't believe how much colder the nights have become

Maybe due to having so many warm nights in the last few weeks it feels worse then it is I'm tempted

I am tempting to put my heating on too but I am determined not to put it on til November!  Even if it means wrapping up then in Winter I am have the heating on whenever I like and not worry.....

It is chilly today and the night times have been cold the past good few days!!  Come on summer come back, it's August

It's funny that most people that say it's 'hot and they've had their fan in the night' mostly come from up north! lol It's not been hot or anywhere near it for well over a week but then I guess 20 degrees is hot to them lol :)

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 1

Posted

Heating on?! In August?!

I thought this was a wind-up thread, when i spotted it just now. Honestly...no wonder the energy co.s make so much money!

Normally during late October; sometimes into November.

• Like 3

Heating on?! In August?!

I thought this was a wind-up thread, when i spotted it just now. Honestly...no wonder the energy co.s make so much money!

Normally during late October; sometimes into November.

Completely agree, temps are hardly cool by day anyway, late teens isn't anywhere near being cool and modern houses are very well insulated and don't go below 20C unless you open your windows, I wonder if the people are complaining just sit around all day, went for a brisk walk yesterday and was sweating, its not cool at all by day.

• Like 1

Posted

Urban heating helps a lot in keeping my house warm 20c-21c, even when mins of 9c-10c at night, but this time of the year that'll last only last an hour or so and with the many hours of sun light we are still having this time of the year there's plenty of heat out there to be had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Completely agree, temps are hardly cool by day anyway, late teens isn't anywhere near being cool and modern houses are very well insulated and don't go below 20C unless you open your windows, I wonder if the people are complaining just sit around all day, went for a brisk walk yesterday and was sweating, its not cool at all by day.

I think maybe people with a bit of extra 'meat' on them don't feel the cold like thinnner people, they're well insulated but a busy day at work or walk does heat you up that's true.

Late teens are very cool when you've been used to to it being alot warmer than that or in a well insulated building but not everyone lives in well insulated building.....It's barely 15 degree's outside in August!!!!! and I would definatly wear a cardi

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

I've had my heating on. Guess it's no different to your ridiculous 'intolerance' to anything above 20C (which I believe is almost entirely exaggerated for comedic effect - because no healthy person in the world is that sensitive to a little warmth).

Seems to me like those who are insecure and in desperate need to reaffirm their manliness will go all-out to prove that cold doesn't bother them, even if they crumble like a little girl at the first sign of any warm weather. Pathetic.

Must be all that testosterone coursing thru' my veins - I recommend you grow some testicular appendages if you're feeling cold in August, either that or get some bread 'n' taties downt' neck. And I ain't trying to prove a thing - just telling it how it is. If my grannies were still alive I'd get one of 'em to knit a cardie for you.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Never put heating on until sometime in October.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

About two months to early to even think about it, but nothing wrong with discussing the subject, after all in a few weeks time the

countdown to will it be a white Christmas will be up and running

c.s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

in our house when it gets chilly we get the candles out. When it gets really cold...we light them

• Like 5

Posted

I'm having to wear a hoodie in the morning but we haven't turned the heating on yet. I'm going to try and hold on until October but I feel cold very easily so it might just be a matter of time.

Posted

Oh my gawd, what are you doing to the planet using all that energy - I can think of better ways.

Me too - like making petrol a penny a gallon so's I could run a whacking great 8ltr, V12 American muscle car with, er hold on, I'm barking up the wrong tree aren't I?

• Like 2

Posted

No heating yet, but we have mentioned lighting the woodburner a couple of times. Nights tends to be cool here, generally around 10c even in the warmer weather. We are in an amazing frost pocket which is a bonus during the summer at night, and fantastic during the winter because we tend to get a lot of frosts.

I would expect the little radiator in the shower room to go on in September, but the main heating usually doesn't go on until October. I'm currently inactive because of illness and treatment, so the heating may go on sooner. I will have to see how it goes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Not a chance here. Days still in low to mid 20s and nights mid to high teens. I don't think the apartment block heating system is even switched on yet so I couldn't even if I wanted to. But given I'm in shorts with the door & windows open then I don't need it! Being 5th floor (top) in a well insulated building in a place with longer, warmer summers is meaning I can go the full April to maybe late Oct without heating.

What a contrast to my old place in Nottingham where we managed late May/early June to mid Sept as the longest switch off.

As for the 'how can you be cold its still xx degrees' - remember we're all different in that regards and dependant on ethnic origin, where you grew up, body mass etc. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Won't be going on in the house for a couple of months yet but did have the heater on in the car on the way to work at 5.30 this morning though was only wearing a t shirt.

Posted

Our downstairs starts to feel damp as soon as it turns cool and showery like now so a little heat in the evening is not a bad idea.Usually this means a small fire in the woodstove but only did that the once last Sunday so far.Good to check all in order for when it is suddenly needed more again soon.I have a temp humidity sensor in that room and it is now on 66% - the day after the stove was on it was on 56%. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

in our house when it gets chilly we get the candles out. When it gets really cold...we light them

When I was young lad having a candle would have been luxury

I remember in Jan 1963 when it got real cold, me and my brother were used as lagging for the loft. Happy days