Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club July 2014 Onwards

Posted

like I have mentioned before,quite possible this year could be my first completely thunder free year and I am in my forties,  I am writing june off now for starters doubt there will be any storms , and unless I get something in the narrow window of july and august , then it could be game over for the rest of the year,  a nightmare come true for a thunder lover like me,  and if this does happen am seriously going for a break in a very thunder prone region for a couple of weeks next year such as the mid west of the USA, maybe on a storm chase tour,   getting hacked off lately with SHI***TY  BLIGHTY   , and its SHI***TY climate   

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Anyway Bars is re-stocked, food is in the fridge and the BBQ is out the garage.

Two tents to put up and all be sorted for tomorrow.

nice weather for a BBQ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Boring rain here no thunder but at least it's Friday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I think the forecasts were spot on with this - they specifically mentioned the words 'hours' and 'England' so that's all good then. I'm glad I stayed up all night to glimpse a couple of forks. Clearly that was all I deserved for my planning and enthusiasm.

Oh well at least there's a chance of thunderstorms later on in 'the northern hemisphere' at 'time oclock' - basically wherever I'm not.

I forgot this was what happened up until July last year so I don't know why it is quite so annoying.

Anyway at least I'm using the right topic this time and now I can look forward to going to work tired.

Great stuff. Haha. Not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

And what sort of stupid idiot plume happens on a Friday at rush hour anyway. I actually feel pity for it - the thunder storms that is. They are pathetic.

I actually really love the stratus cloud we have at the moment. I love how it is stopping the sun getting through and ruining chances for me for the rest of the day I love it I love it I love it.

Oh great and now there is traffic everywhere and everything's wet.

Love it!

ARG.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like i'll be hosting the no storms party a bit later after all - be ready at 6pm! ( giving it time to do SOMETHING apart from be murky and wet)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Here we go again.

Another near miss and the usual areas get all the action. The rest of day going to be more crud and now another long wait for any other potential.

Weeks of atlantic dross with useless rainfall amounts, no thunder except a few distant rumbles on Tuesday 19th May when Guildford misses out on the massive hailstorm at Woking. Never known such an awful year - a truly dire winter with virtually no snow and now a useless thunder-less summer. At least in the abysmal thunder-deficient years of 2009, 2010 and 2011 we had decent snow events in the winter.

More tedious waiting. Will we ever see a decent plume situation without that ************* eastward shift?

Posted

TBH i didn't expect anything, although just rain was a total let down, and now it looks like nothing for the rest of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

No thunder here, just showers earlier. Not too disappointed though and at least some of us got some decent storms. I do wish it would either rain properly and heavily or be sunny. Even the horrid Atlantic storm earlier this week was just a wind event, not much rain.

Posted

After today, I can't see the next thunderstorm opportunity for the first half of June now.

or the second half, might as well throw july in too   ,  sorry to be pessimistic and sounding like a stuck record, but living in a nation thats not known for its thunderstorms and living in the least thundery part of that nation with a reducing thunder count year on year makes you that way :rolleyes: , 

anyway i am going to dami's party to get sloshed  8)  

Posted

whatever, lets get the party started!

Edited by Dami

Posted

No thunder not much in a party mood, sick of the self opinionated on here.

Enjoy the party !

i thought you were doing the bbq lol,  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

No thunder not much in a party mood, sick of the self opinionated on here.

Enjoy the party !

That's a wee bitty uncalled for, Dami...Are we not all a bit self opinionated? :)

Posted

sorry ED, bad day and all that. 

fixed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

sorry ED, bad day and all that. 

fixed.

No probs. I missed-out more times last year than I can count! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Still haven't heard thunder or seen lightning at all this year, and the outlook doesn't look promising for this part of the world. In 2012 we didn't get a single overheard storm - they all skirted by us - but maybe this year we can top that and go an entire year without a single rumble of thunder in the distance, let alone a close shave.

Okay - maybe that's premature, lol. I just need a thunderstorm - please. ANYONE.

Posted

we NEED storms!  :nonono:

Posted

Still haven't heard thunder or seen lightning at all this year, and the outlook doesn't look promising for this part of the world. In 2012 we didn't get a single overheard storm - they all skirted by us - but maybe this year we can top that and go an entire year without a single rumble of thunder in the distance, let alone a close shave.

Okay - maybe that's premature, lol. I just need a thunderstorm - please. ANYONE.

not even getting a single rumble all year is unthinkable, never happened before,  but a scary possibility thesedays

Posted

Stand by for the stampede to join at the weekend. Much harder for those, like in this area who might or might not get something (let's face it, in our hearts we KNOW it's going to be a NO). As they saying goes, it's the hope that kills you!

Posted

14 of the last 18 months have been thunderless here and of the 4 that weren't, 1 of those was just a single clap of thunder.

Seems a long time ago, we had a really thundery month. This decade so far has been really lacking thunder.

Posted

Last storm i had here was last july or i should say storms got woken up by one two nights in a row and it was still thundering for a fair bit in the morning. So still a few more weeks till i can say one year and counting.

*puts feet up on sofa and reads the paper*

Posted

To be honest not had a decent storm here since July 2008, last year had a few attempts but none lasted longer than 5 minutes.