Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your opinion on each month of the year.

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Hello again! :) I started this thread to hear your personal opinions on each month of the year in terms of the weather and other environmental factors. Below are my opinions on each month:

January - January is often a month of two halves for me. I think the first half is generally very miserable. The Christmas and New Year celebrations have ended and the daily routine of work and school restarts and generally the weather is quite dismal as the Atlantic train is still in full force. I also think daylight is a bit too short, but that get's better in the second half. The second half is much better, daylight is slightly longer and the Atlantic train weakens, meaning more in the way of proper wintry weather.

February - February is the best winter month for me as it often promises the best chances of wintry weather. Darkness falls at around 17:00, which I think is perfect for winter and the relentless Atlantic train finally stops, meaning a much greater chance of snow and cold.

March - March in my opinion is a very decent month. In years like 2013, it can be a lovely extension to winter and in years like 2012 and this year it can bring an early taste of late spring, or more impressively early summer, which considering some regard March as a winter month is really very remarkable.

April - April is also a very pleasant month for me. It is the time when the sun is strengthening, daytime is now longer than night, and nature bursts into life and the clocks have sprung foward. It can again, also bring an early taste of summer.

May - May is probably my second-favourite month because it can often be quite summery and days are now much longer than night. May can also promise the best weather in some years as the westerly usually haven't quite kicked into gear yet,

June - June is often my favourite month. Days are very long and June is often the most summer-like month in the UK. (with the exception of 2012 of course)

July - July is also a good month, but it is often when we get the "Return of the Westerlies" and it can often be quite cool and cloudy. However in years when July is dominated by a heat wave, I would say it replaces June in my preference list.

August - August is ok, but it can often be ruined by westerly winds bringing rain and cloud. One thing it usually is good for though is torrential thunderstorms and is usually redeemed when the heavens open, along with the thunder and lightning.

September - I often see September as the "calm before the storm" month as it can often be a lovely extension to summer, even though nights are longer than days at the end. In more recent years, I would say that September has been more summery than August.

October - October can start off ok, but it usually turns sour very quickly especially as the Atlantic train kicks into gear. Only the Autumn leaves redeem it slightly.

November - The worst month for me is November. It is a month dominated by the Atlantic's mild, wet and windy rubbish. The leaves have gone, the plants have died, the sky is grey... yeah, it's just depressing.

December - A very decent month in my opinion. The festive season starts and the world generally feels closer together. Even though it often lacks wintry weather, the Christmas spirit makes it a lovely time of the year... along with the New Year's Eve parties.

Well those are the months according to me. I'd like to hear what you think and of course, you don't have to go into as much detail as I have if you want.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Jan, wet

Feb, wet

Mar, wet

Apr, wet

May, wet

Jun, wet

Jul, wet

Aug, wet

Sep, wet

0ct, wet

Nov, wet

Dec, wet

assuming you mean own locations!

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hello again! :) I started this thread to hear your personal opinions on each month of the year in terms of the weather and other environmental factors. Below are my opinions on each month:

The only thing I know with British weather is its never the same and what I want and get are never the same

e.g I loved December 2010 but thought December 2013 was pants

Environmental factors I'm sure both Dec 2010 and 2013 had repeats of the Christmas Morecambe and Wise show and sure every year has xmas tinsel in garden centers by end of August and I start a thread about 'does Christmas come too early' every year.

Like the England football team i have no expectations or opinions on any month re weather as there always different ie no two Jan, Febs are the same

Edited by stewfox