Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

I have been dropping in and out all summer but it's not worth posting unless it's about the cold. Lol. Hopefully we have a good season this year. Would it be too early to do a first snow if the year competition. Lol!

Posted

I have been dropping in and out all summer but it's not worth posting unless it's about the cold. Lol. Hopefully we have a good season this year. Would it be too early to do a first snow if the year competition. Lol!

YES… WAY TOO EARLY!!!

Posted

cant believe -1.9c was recorded saturday night! notorius frost hollow is katesbridge. anyone else record a frost?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Hi All ..

''If our rather near neighbour Iceland gets much more volcanically active, we could soon be living in a very different Ireland. ''

Discuss ?

Posted

our first present from Iceland .. Derry has the highest Sulphur Dioxide levels in UK .. nothing serious though ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Nice summer here overall. Can't remember every single day's weather in detail, but overall it was generally very pleasant and dry, if a little hazy and dull at the start. Even into August there were a good few sunny days, although noticeably cooler than July. The last few days have been dull but still dry and rather warm.

Really hoping for a decent winter this year. 2012-2013 wasn't that bad (March was a good month for cold weather) but last winter was quite poor (one day of lying snow with about 3 days of falling snow in total, although it was mostly through cold zonal events, nothing exceptionally cold). Even if this winter was average, a decent week-long cold spell would be great. Northern blocking for several weeks would be even greater.

I understand the long-term signals seem to point to something more conducive to colder weather, but my gut tells me that it will be average. There seems to be some correlation between warm summers and mild and wet winters IMO, whereas many of the recent cold winters AFAIK were preceded by cool and wet summers. Of course my gut also made me believe that 2011-12 would be a cold winter as well, and that certainly wasn't the case! We can only really trust the reliable timeframe at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely night out tonight. Feels very fresh! Love this time of year when the days shorten and temps drop. It wasn't much of an Indian summer that they forecast either. Seen that warning earlier for the Sulphur levels. Level 7 out of 10. The signs are definitely pointing.to a cold winter but I'm not getting.sucked into it just yet due to the let downs in the past so let's just see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I see some woke up from their summer hibernation a few weeks ago,then went back into hibernation again for the next while when the weather got warmer lol.

I wish the weather would cool down and we got more normal autumn temps,will just have to grin and bear it for now.

Posted

probably the most beautiful morning of the year here .. sun and swirling mists . As warm in the sun as mid summer. I for one would settle for a month more summer . And as for the warmth of our seas at the moment .. go get in and swim !

Posted

All the right signals are falling into place but the question remains "will it or won't it be a cold and snowy winter". All speculation at this stage but we shall see soon enough. Just copy and paste link.

http://community.ukweatherforecast.co.uk/topic/745-winter-201415-discussion-thread/

Edited by ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Is this summer going to end at all? ! Whilst I appreciate the good weather, I am very much looking forward to those first crisp frosty mornings where the air bites your cheeks!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Is this summer going to end at all? ! Whilst I appreciate the good weather, I am very much looking forward to those first crisp frosty mornings where the air bites your cheeks!

Yes same here,cant wait for some proper autumnal weather,dont mind if its dry,wet or whatever i just want the temps to cool off to make if feel more seasonal at least.

• Like 1